hello

silence

Reaction score
I am a 44 year old woman. I have lived in europe for three years although I am an american. my primary situation spiritually right now is that i am losing faith..in everything. i see so much destuction and sadness in the world and no one i know seems to believe in any of the things i did at one time, like "spirits and energy" etc. Everyone thinks of it as quackery when i say that i believe in energy...positive and negative and that i believe in an afterlife...maybe even a before life!! i am married to an athiest. i am torn between worlds i suppose. i am here mainly to read what others opinions are, so if i dont post oftenthat is why. i find peace in silence, thus my user name.

Welcome to the site.... :)

True there is alot of negativity in this world... Alot of badness and destruction, but there is also good. :) It is in smaller packages and doses, If you look carefully you notice they surround you.. Just have to look for them... They're there trust me. Silence is a heavy stone my friend....... Take care and I hope you find strength comfort and reinforcement for your faith.

I know, many would not see me as most suitable, but, two scriptures If you'd indulge me... "understand what I am saying. The lord will help you understand all these things." 2tim 2:7 "When I am in trouble, I call out to you because you answer me." Psalm 86:7

Welcome, seek and ye shall find...and even an angel shows up to assist!

What is not to like!

Silence is a great place to find peace and understanding...getting caught up in the deception of reality is often quite troubling.

hello their fellow american and welcome to cr!
I am a 44 year old woman. I have lived in europe for three years although I am an american.
i am 28 years old and have lived in south texas all of my life.
my primary situation spiritually right now is that i am losing faith..in everything. i see so much destuction and sadness in the world and no one i know seems to believe in any of the things i did at one time, like "spirits and energy" etc.
don't lose faith, silence. i know what you mean when you say that the world doesn't care anymore. it is a very sad fact, but true none the less. i too believe in spirits and energy, the only difference is that i think they are one and the same!
Everyone thinks of it as quackery when i say that i believe in energy...positive and negative and that i believe in an afterlife...maybe even a before life!!
i don't think it is crazy at all. you will learn from reading our posts that we ourselves have personal demons. don't believe me? read this thread. Belief and Mental Health. we are all flawed so you are not alone, ok? never think you are alone, ever.
i am married to an athiest. i am torn between worlds i suppose. i am here mainly to read what others opinions are, so if i dont post oftenthat is why. i find peace in silence, thus my user name.
well, isn't that ironic? i was an atheist and my wife is a jehovah witness. i saw first hand how this would crush her. she changed alot because of my disbelief and now she suffers for it. we are working through it now, thank God. anyways, feel free to give us your point of view because you never know, you may end up helping a poor soul without you even knowing it thru your own words. thanks and God bless...

Hello and welcome,

We are living in a new age of selfishness where all spiritual thought that is not supporting a political agenda tends to be derided. I hope you dont give up on or stop putting into practice what you believe in, Just remember that such beliefs have been around since our ancestral beginnings and they will be around long after this age of self has passed.

Warm wishes

TE

I am a 44 year old woman. I have lived in europe for three years although I am an american. my primary situation spiritually right now is that i am losing faith..in everything. i see so much destuction and sadness in the world and no one i know seems to believe in any of the things i did at one time, like "spirits and energy" etc. Everyone thinks of it as quackery when i say that i believe in energy...positive and negative and that i believe in an afterlife...maybe even a before life!! i am married to an athiest. i am torn between worlds i suppose. i am here mainly to read what others opinions are, so if i dont post oftenthat is why. i find peace in silence, thus my user name.

as salaam aleykum silence

Welcome and it is an honour to meet you, I love the name you have chosen as I too love silence but I also love solitude (can you believe I never intended to post either but here I am still typing away). I am 42 half German, half English, an athiest father and agnostic mother, I am a muslim convert, now living in Egpyt - confused yet? I am!!! ;)

Enjoy reading and I hope our ramblings can offer you something, even if that is just knowledge that you are not alone in your beliefs.

Salaam

Welcome, silence.

I hope you do not live up to your avatar. I look forward to hearing what you have to say.

It's easy to get discouraged in our situation and in our view of the world. We live in uneasy, uncertain times. For me, instead of running from faith, I cling to it. My relationship with God has been a stablizing factor in my life, even when life doesn't seem like much. And I draw strength in His Love and His Encouragement and His Comfort. I don't know why things always happen the way they do, but there is a peace that I've found that allows me to press on. I hope and pray you find that same peace of mind.

Love & Peace,

Dondi

Welcome! Sorry it's so late. Somehow I managed to miss your post the first time around :eek:.

. i see so much destuction and sadness in the world
Yes there is destruction and sadness, but every spring the daffodils will flower and the trees come into leaf. Most of the destruction is wrought by humans and so we can work to do something about it, whether that's recycling or giving to a charity or litterpicking. Don't give up! :D

and no one i know seems to believe in any of the things i did at one time, like "spirits and energy" etc. Everyone thinks of it as quackery when i say that i believe in energy...positive and negative and that i believe in an afterlife...maybe even a before life!!

Not everyone! Just the people you're talking to. There are lots of people who believe in these things, some of them are even quite sensible and intelligent! :)

gday silence and also welcome to cr. like impy, i want to let you know that there are a lot of positiives out there. but I wont go on about them. Youll find them, hey you found us didnt you. I cant speak for everyone but, the people I speak to a work and home here think im a little bit batty because religion fascinates me. and yet i dont belive in anything inparticular. this isnt a bad thing for me, im just really curious about why people believe what ever they believe. you know. to the point that someone wont eat bacon or something cause its the devils animal etc. (sorry if I offend some pork defenders) so I keep looking, looking. keep your chin up and pop infor achat from time to time. may I recommed some of 17thangels post. Im a big fan. he is always entertaining. love the grey

Back