How Masculine or Feminine Are You?

1path said:
I've always been horrible about remembering people's names. I'm more of a visual person, so I'll remember people on sight and various details about them, but not their name.

I keep wondering how old I will have to be before I am forgiven of that flaw due to my age. LOL :eek:
I'm bad with names and worse with faces.

All these folks that say, "I never remember a face" this baffles me.

When I see people out of context ie I know them in their group, in their setting I associate them with (faces that is not names).

But when I see them out and about in public it isn't terrible, I still recognize them as someone I know but can't remember who they are or from where I know them.

But if I see them in another group I frequent, my brain goes into a freeze that ctrl-alt-del does not cure. I know somehow they are familiar, like have I seen them before? were they at this meeting last week? But then I can't place them, name, face, or association. And then they come up and enlighten me as to how well I know who they are...embarassin it is.

My favorite one of all time was at a twentieth high school reunion, some gal comes up and talks to me and I'm looking at her name, her face, (her high school picture is even on her nametag). I couldn't recognize her at all. She tells me she sat next to me in homeroom for three years, we spoke every day, we went out a couple times. "Your honor, I can't recall"

Ha Wil, its not just me. good. I end up calling people lovey or mate because I cant remember their names. Yes its embarassing. Everyone should have to wear name tags..... all the time.

17t... honey you are always sexy. all the time. any colour. just ask your lovely wife.

flow... well if SOME PEOPLE werent such smarty pants there wouldnt be any purple carrots. mmmmmmm (are we feeling guilty yet?) LOL

I end up calling people lovey or mate because I cant remember their names. Yes its embarassing. Everyone should have to wear name tags..... all the time.

lol terms of endearment.

How about honeybunch? Buttercup? Butter? Sweetie? Lollipop? Cup-cake? Gorgeous? Beautiful? Beloved? They're the classics. But they're either meant for lovers or only women are supposed to use them. If men use them it's either sexual harassment or child abuse lol. They're getting phased out too. Getting corny and old-fashioned.

But yeah most people nowadays go with mate, buddy, pal, buddy-old-pal, babe or baby.

Maybe there should be others like margarine, ice cream, tomato sauce, peanut butter and sausage roll.:D

Maybe there should be others like margarine, ice cream, tomato sauce, peanut butter and sausage roll.:D

Wait- I like this. "Hey..." [frantic moment of thinking, can't remember name] "...Sausage Roll." Wait... that might actually work... LOL

When I taught college, I made name tags for all students and just flat out told them that my brain was stuffed too full of anthropology terms to give them to remember names, and I didn't want to say "You in the red shirt, what's your question?"

And Wil, I totally know what you mean. When in California, I'd sometimes run into a student while out shopping or at a bar or concert, particularly since I was a young professor and so basically went to many of the same places any of the 20-somethings did. It always threw me for a loop, since I recognized I knew the person, but hadn't a clue from where. Were they my student? A fellow student at some point when I was a student? Some person I knew from other places I frequent (I once ran into a grocery clerk I saw every week and thought she was a student until she corrected me)? I'll remember something useless like "She has a four-year old daughter," but I couldn't remember who she was or how I knew that. LOL

They usually either didn't recognize me (especially common when out in the more gothic or punk garb) or were a bit rattled, but then would say something like, "I wondered- you have too many black suits to have it be by accident!" :D

well, sweetysaltypie, (thats a contradiction ) I dont mind calling people lovey or whatever. but sometimes I get the occasional geriatric that doesnt favour being called lovey or darl. I had one old bloke go off at me and I was so shocked I apologised but said .."oh sorry darl, oh love. " oh ****, I really mucked that one up. LOL.

Back