what is Armageddon?

M

mee

According to the bible Armageddon is Gods intervention in human affairs .

the bible also makes clear that the wicked will not relinquish their power peacefully.PSALM 2;2

According to the bible Armageddon is Gods intervention in human affairs .

the bible also makes clear that the wicked will not relinquish their power peacefully.PSALM 2;2
It is?? I thought Armageddon was simply a location, the hill of Megiddo? Seems you are adding human constructs to the bible??

It's the end of the world as we know it...
And I feel fiiiiiiiiiiine.

Sorry, it's what came to mind. I would put a musical smiley but there aren't any.

The wicked may not relinquish power peacefully, but that is no concern of the followers of Christ. We are called to peace. Opposition may break against the walls of the peaceful, but those who are truly in peace cannot be conquered.

We don't fight darkness. We just turn on the light.

The current one I happen to have. I am only just getting into it, and sadly I am only part time at the moment... But I will be full time not so, so far away... It is in sight... Life is my best job... It has many details in it's description, provider, Lover, protecter, son, brother, uncle... :D I am yet to be promoted to father and husband and I am very looking forward to the ultimate title of Free Traveller... ;) It branches this line of work, but hey.... It is a good un!

*I fear that post took this topic off route, sorry for that!*

The current one I happen to have. I am only just getting into it, and sadly I am only part time at the moment... But I will be full time not so, so far away... It is in sight... Life is my best job... It has many details in it's description, provider, Lover, protecter, son, brother, uncle... :D I am yet to be promoted to father and husband and I am very looking forward to the ultimate title of Free Traveller... ;) It branches this line of work, but hey.... It is a good un!

*I fear that post took this topic off route, sorry for that!*

Sweet! Husband, father, householder... I've already been the free traveler, but I have come to enjoy the ties that bind. There is great meaning in the enjoyment of the mundane. The secret of life is in, among other things, enjoying the passing of time. Well, it seems to me, anyway.

Chris

ok i cant help myself :) dont say i dont listen to you all , ;) after listening to the posts it brings to mind what Jesus said
"They were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage, until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the flood arrived and destroyed them all."
Today, a like-minded, world faces the climactic global "great tribulation"!Matt. 24:21, 37-39; Luke 17:26, 27.

do the above-quoted words of Jesus mean that it is wrong for Christians in these final days to enjoy those things ? ...No,... Jesus was not saying that.

What Jesus was saying is that we should not regard these as the all-important activities of life, becoming absorbed in them to the point of crowding out spiritual interests. (1 Pet. 4:3; 1 Cor. 7:8, 29)

Rather, we should plan our lives in such a way as to give first place to the grand work of ‘preaching this good news of the established kingdom as a witness,’ before the end comes.—Matt. 24:14.

then when God intervines in the affairs of man , we will have put ourselves on the side of the Almighty.

but getting back to Armageddon ,megiddos history and its strategic
location doubtless have a bearing on the figurative use of the word ARMAGEDDON

It is?? I thought Armageddon was simply a location, the hill of Megiddo? Seems you are adding human constructs to the bible??
There is only one place in the bible that refers to Harmageddon ,and it is in the bible book of REVELATION .
and as we all know, that book is full of symbolisim . in the bible the book of revelation says that .....the kings of the entire inhabited earth will be gathered togeather to the war of the GREAT DAY OF GOD ALMIGHTY . revelation 16;14 ....revelation 16;16

quote]

it will be indeed.Daniel 2;44:) and Armageddon will bring to ruin those ruining the earth revelation 11;18

But the nations became wrathful, and your own wrath came, and the appointed time for the dead to be judged, and to give [their] reward to your slaves the prophets and to the holy ones and to those fearing your name, the small and the great, :)and to bring to ruin those ruining the earth." :)

and then it will usher in a PEACEFUL WORLD a new earth , that we are awaiting according to his (GODS)promise, where righteousness will dwell.
2 PETER 3;13
yes, people will nolonger be like they are now, it will be a new earthly society of people who are doing things Gods way

Sweet! Husband, father, householder... I've already been the free traveler, but I have come to enjoy the ties that bind. There is great meaning in the enjoyment of the mundane. The secret of life is in, among other things, enjoying the passing of time. Well, it seems to me, anyway.

Chris

Ah see, I've only been on this planet a mere blink of an eye... In the scale of things, not even a nano second in the timings of life and creation and all other wonderful mysteries this universe holds.. But I have already grown weary and tired of the binds and the chains and the ideas of how to use our lives, I want more experience and a more meaningful existance. Even when my work here is done and I vanish into the ether of time, I shant of been here long enough, and there is truly so freaking much to see, feel, hear, taste, touch, travel to... People to meet! People to help, people to laugh with, people to bond with, people I can stand side by side with... I want to take this golden opportunity to do so.

So these chains must break.... And then turn into little butterflies and flutter away. ;)

Rather, we should plan our lives in such a way as to give first place to the grand work of ‘preaching this good news of the established kingdom as a witness,’ before the end comes.—Matt. 24:14
I disagree, first of all because the gospel was already preached in 'all the world' as a witness to all nations, and this was recorded in the gospel of Mark and mentioned in Paul's letters. The abomination was set up and caused desolation. The end came!

Matt 24
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Mark 16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.....
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirming the word with signs following. Amen.

Colossians 1
23 If ye continue in the faith grounded and settled, and be not moved away from the hope of the gospel, which ye have heard, and which was preached to every creature which is under heaven; whereof I Paul am made a minister;

.....the kings of the entire inhabited earth will be gathered togeather to the war of the GREAT DAY OF GOD ALMIGHTY . revelation 16;14
Who are these kings? Kings don't LEAD anyone into battle anymore or gather together anywhere that wouldn't be safe. They'll gladly send their minions marching to their death anywhere in this inhabited earth. I find it highly unlikely the Kings will gather to war anywhere.

Although that would be my preferred method of war today. President Bush or McCain, you wan't to go to war with Iran, get on a plane, get out your sword, have at it.

Ah see, I've only been on this planet a mere blink of an eye... In the scale of things, not even a nano second in the timings of life and creation and all other wonderful mysteries this universe holds.. But I have already grown weary and tired of the binds and the chains and the ideas of how to use our lives, I want more experience and a more meaningful existance. Even when my work here is done and I vanish into the ether of time, I shant of been here long enough, and there is truly so freaking much to see, feel, hear, taste, touch, travel to... People to meet! People to help, people to laugh with, people to bond with, people I can stand side by side with... I want to take this golden opportunity to do so.

So these chains must break.... And then turn into little butterflies and flutter away. ;)

just think what living forever will acomplish . no growing old to put a stop to everything........... very good :)

Who are these kings? Kings don't LEAD anyone into battle anymore or gather together anywhere that wouldn't be safe. They'll gladly send their minions marching to their death anywhere in this inhabited earth. I find it highly unlikely the Kings will gather to war anywhere.

Although that would be my preferred method of war today. President Bush or McCain, you wan't to go to war with Iran, get on a plane, get out your sword, have at it.
remember that gathering is not a litral gathering on a mountain ,but it is all those in opposition to Jehovah and his annointed one (jesus christ) and it is on a worldwide scale .

The kings of earth take their stand
And high officials themselves have massed together as one
Against Jehovah and against his anointed one,psalm 2;2

And I saw the wild beast and the kings of the earth and their armies gathered together to wage the war with the one seated on the horse and with his army. revelation 19;19

just think what living forever will acomplish . no growing old to put a stop to everything........... very good :)

Firstly, may I thank you for your respone/post.

Now down to business... ;)

Imainge what we could acomplish, with time? Time, my brother isn't the factor, oh no... That isn't an issues, time is most certainly not of the essence here my brah. Think what deciding to help our fellow brother/sister stand will acomplish.... That's the key brah.

A man could live forever, but not choose to lift a finger, that has accomplished nada, hermano. Love isn't this emotion that magicaly appears in us, no no, it is a human descision it is a gift oh I grant you, but the other gift of free will that comes with our gift of life.... Is what is used to achieve the third gift... Then there are more gifts, but that is for another day...

We all got to grow old, who would teach the young?? ;) We make the mistakes and then pray we can teach our beLoved offspring not to do the same.

I disagree, first of all because the gospel was already preached in 'all the world' as a witness to all nations, and this was recorded in the gospel of Mark and mentioned in Paul's letters. The abomination was set up and caused desolation. The end came!

Matt 24
14 And this gospel of the kingdom shall be preached in all the world for a witness unto all nations; and then shall the end come.
15 When ye therefore shall see the abomination of desolation, spoken of by Daniel the prophet, stand in the holy place, (whoso readeth, let him understand:)

Mark 16
15 And he said unto them, Go ye into all the world, and preach the gospel to every creature.....
20 And they went forth, and preached every where, the Lord working with them, and confirmi with signs following. Amen.

With the words "Go . . . and make disciples," matthew 28;19-20the resurrected Jesus placed a heavy responsibility upon his followers.

He had in mind more than just the disciples who were present that spring day on the mountain in Galilee. The work he commissioned involves reaching "people of all the nations," and it continues "until the conclusion of the system of things." Clearly, this commission applies to all followers of Christ, including us today.

Back