Religion 'linked to happy life'

Im not sure what the point is.
I mean I always knew all of this but it doesnt seem to lead to the same attitude Im seeing. Whats wrong with this as a way to happiness? Is there an alternative? Or are you saying "wake up and feel crummy"?

Im not sure what the point is.
I mean I always knew all of this but it doesnt seem to lead to the same attitude Im seeing. Whats wrong with this as a way to happiness? Is there an alternative? Or are you saying "wake up and feel crummy"?

Yeh!! Then flagellate yourself with a barbed whip till you feel better!! :p

Yeh!! Then flagellate yourself with a barbed whip till you feel better!! :p
Heehee. Shades of Monty Python. :)
And the return would be "we have the glorious future of being natures way of creating bigger better monkeys" :D

I guess even if flagellation was someones idea of smoothing out their day then it wouldnt necessarily be bad. An old fashioned version of "no pain, no gain"?

I heard about another study that found that women with depression have more sex. They need it to feel secure. So if you want to have more sex, get depressed. Complacency and depression = happiness and security. Gotta get me some of that!

Chris

I heard about another study that found that women with depression have more sex. They need it to feel secure. So if you want to have more sex, get depressed. Complacency and depression = happiness and security. Gotta get me some of that!

Chris
{It's gotta be spring...:rolleyes:...yep, there's lots of pink trees outside. It's spring.}

A belief in God could lead to a more contented life, research suggests.

Religious people are better able to cope with shocks such as losing a job or divorce, claims the study presented to a Royal Economic Society conference. Data from thousands of Europeans revealed higher levels of "life satisfaction" in believers. more from the BBC...

Sort of related, from a Christian youth group leadership weekend, one of the girls responded to "If you can combine any two things what would they be?" she said "I'd combine rose colored glasses with everyone's eyes. So they could have a new perspective on life."
Its most probably because we arent as attached to this world in comparison to other people.

Happy is the man that has not walked in the counsel of the wicked ones,
And in the way of sinners has not stood,
And in the seat of ridiculers has not sat.
2 But his delight is in the law of Jehovah,
And in his law he reads in an undertone day and night.
3 And he will certainly become like a tree planted by streams of water,
That gives its own fruit in its season
And the foliage of which does not wither,
And everything he does will succeed. PSALM 1

Back