Possible truce between Palestine & Israel

Muslimwoman

Coexistence insha'Allah
Reaction score
Just read this news article, it seems Egypt have managed to get all the factions in Palestine to agree to a truce.

The report doesn't mention the illegal settlements on stolen land but I hope some plan is underway to deal with that issue.

Let us pray this works and people can live without fear of their children being shot or killed by rockets.

Palestinian factions agree to truce with Israel: MENA - Yahoo! News

Just read this news article, it seems Egypt have managed to get all the factions in Palestine to agree to a truce.

The report doesn't mention the illegal settlements on stolen land but I hope some plan is underway to deal with that issue.

Let us pray this works and people can live without fear of their children being shot or killed by rockets.

Palestinian factions agree to truce with Israel: MENA - Yahoo! News
While I am always excited to see a post from you, this one brings more interest than normal!

Although I'm not holding my breath.

as salaam aleykum Wil my dear friend :)

No breath holding here either but will wait to see what comes out of the UK summit in the next few days.

I see Ms Rice is trying to shift responsibility already before anything actually begins but hey ho nothing new there.

I should learn not to get my hopes up but I am just so desperate for the world to find a solution so everyone can live in peace in that area.

Salaam

We all would like to believe isaac's line would be equal and of honor

And if the theives had honor, they would bow to the children and ask for forgiveness.

And unless, them self prescribed 'chosen ones' were to pack up and move, then we all know the inevitable will be based from atrocities in the lands of megiddo.

Just yesterday, I read that Bush will be in palestine (israel) next month and each time he visits I cringe as to have that fool standing on land unwelcoming to western corruption, within the stolen homeland of the meek, is dangerous. And if something does happen, ooooops! run for the hills!

As the US has that strike then ask questions, attitude..... and the rest of the globe is going to kick our _______.

We are really that close!

and although many on both sides wish it could be stopped, it can't! Each should come to terms with that reality.

All that is left at this point is to prepare for the children. Let's be sure to leave the the truth; collectively.

this contributer over here, is quite aware of what has occurred over there and the losses are saddening but they will be remembered. I kneel with compassion for the sons of Abraham, and promise their children will have the truth when the dust settles.

Hi sally,

Like Wil I cannot hold my breath... but I hope....

tao

Hi Tao

How you doing? Have really missed you guys.

Am amazed I am still alive, every time they get anywhere near an agreement I hold my breath just in case this is the one ...... I'm a slow learner :eek: but I live in hope.

Salaam

I am of course quite cynical about whether the Palestinians mean "we realize that killing civilians was always wrong and we won't do that anymore", or just mean "we're getting our asses beat so we'd like a little breather while we pile up more weapons" (see Bishadi's post for an excellent example of why I am cynical). But let's knock on wood that some genuine progress comes of it. Israel ought to respond by some unilateral removal of settlements: I am of course equally cynical about the probability of that actually happening, but let us hope for the best.

I was interested to see "Saiqa" mentioned among the list of groups. I haven't heard that name since 1967 (they were the major rocket-launchers back before the Six Day War) and had always wondered what happened to them.

I am of course quite cynical about whether the Palestinians
The opinion is fair with the material knowledge known but what a misque? The depth of information you may only observe is media (western) based and with little history on the word 'terrorist.'

mean "we realize that killing civilians was always wrong and we won't do that anymore"
is a course of compassion itself no matter the religion but what some reap as knowledgeable understanding may be less than what is truly occurring. Meaning; you do not have all the facts since we are over here all cushy and of little first hand knowledge.

If some group came to Indiana in the middle of the US, and took over Notre Dame, put a fence around it and then moved into the house your Dad build, killed your dad and most of all your uncles, left you at 10 with little education, and then you have to look through the fence and see someone else living in that house. Then on your side of the fence no filled grocery stores even exist, water, electricity is rationed, then a religious group offers assistance because that form (also) has inherit requisite of contributing to their brothers in need, them contributors are maintaining compassion but hear that some of the older boys are banning together to fight with sticks and knifes against Apaches war machines and are getting slaughtered……

Well to comprehend what is occurring over there, you must remember, the USA assisted the victims of WWII to beach upon a nation (Palestine) without them peoples consent. They took over the single most religious part of the whole Arabian lands. And the USA has funded this since the beginning.

, or just mean "we're getting our asses beat so we'd like a little breather while we pile up more weapons"
Ever watch the movie Red Dawn.

Well every person alive can become a ‘Wolverine’ when cornered.

Read a little about how Israel got started;

This opinion is a little rough but it was a 3 second search

Oh…. Britain was against the invasion of Palestine and a few folk were a little upset about it…

Soon after the end of World War II, there were three basic para-military Zionist organizations in Palestine, working against the Arab people, with the specific purpose of driving it out of Palestine. These were the Haganah, the Irgun Zvai Leumi and the Stern Gang.

Before the British Mandate, the Jewish settlers had formed a group of mounted armed watchmen called "Hashomar" and with the advent of the British Mandate, it became the Haganah (Defense). With a membership of 60,000 Zionist Jews, the Haganah had a field army of 16,000 trained men and a unit called the Palmach, which was a full-time force, numbering about 6000.

The Irgun Zvai Leumi included between 3000 and 5000 armed terrorists, and grew out of the Haganah and its Palmach branch in 1933. The Irgun was not ready to obey the Jewish Agency which sought to dilute the terror of the Haganah in order not to lose its respectability.

In 1939, one of Irgun's commanding officers, Abraham Stern, left the parent organization and formed the Stern Gang, numbering some 200 to 300 dangerous fanatics

How about examples
August 20, 1937 - June 29, 1939. During this period, the Zionists carried out a series of attacks against Arab buses, resulting in the death of 24 persons and wounding 25 others.
November 25, 1940. S.S.Patria was blown up by Jewish terrorists in Haifa harbour, killing 268 illegal Jewish immigrants (see below).

November 6, 1944. Zionist terrorists of the Stern Gang assassinated the British Minister Resident in the Middle East, Lord Moyne, in Cairo.

July 22, 1946. Zionist terrorists blew up the King David Hotel in Jerusalem, which housed the central offices of the civilian administration of the government of Palestine, killing or injuring more than 200 persons. The Irgun officially claimed responsibility for the incident, but subsequent evidence indicated that both the Haganah and the Jewish Agency were involved.

October 1, 1946. The British Embassy in Rome was badly damaged by bomb explosions, for which Irgun claimed responsibility.

June 1947. Letters sent to British Cabinet Ministers were found to contain bombs.

September 3, 1947. A postal bomb addressed to the British War Office exploded in the post office sorting room in London, injuring 2 persons. It was attributed to Irgun or Stern Gangs. (The Sunday Times, Sept. 24, 1972, p.8)

December 11, 1947. Six Arabs were killed and 30 wounded when bombs were thrown from Jewish trucks at Arab buses in Haifa; 12 Arabs were killed and others injured in an attack by armed Zionists on an Arab coastal village near Haifa.

December 13,1947. Zionist terrorists, believed to be members of Irgun Zvai Leumi, killed 18 Arabs and wounded nearly 60 in Jerusalem, Jaffa and Lydda areas. In Jerusalem, bombs were thrown in an Arab market-place near the Damascus Gate; in Jaffa, bombs were thrown into an Arab cafe; in the Arab village of Al Abbasya, near Lydda, 12 Arabs were killed in an attack with mortars and automatic weapons.

December 19, 1947. Haganah terrorists attacked an Arab village near Safad, blowing up two houses, in the ruins of which were found the bodies of 10 Arabs, including 5 children. Haganah admitted responsibility for the attack.

December 29, 1947. Two British constables and 11 Arabs were killed and 32 Arabs injured, at the Damascus Gate in Jerusalem when Irgun members threw a bomb from a taxi.

December 30,1947. A mixed force of the Zionist Palmach and the "Carmel Brigade" attacked the village of Balad al Sheikh, killing more than 60 Arabs.

1947 -- 1948. Over 700,000 Palestinian Arabs were uprooted from their homes and land, and forced to live in refugee camps on Israel's borders. They have been denied the right to return to their homes. They have been refused compensation for their homes, orchards, farms and other property stolen from them by the Israeli government. After their expulsion, the "Israeli Forces" totally obliterated (usually by bulldozing) 385 Arab villages and towns, out of a total of 475. Commonly, Israeli villages were built on the remaining rubble.

I hate politics but before ignorance is to presuppose ill regard, be a little more educated on reality before making a stupid comment.

Take this idea into consideration; do you know how the biblical renditions talk about the end, and how a big war is supposed to occur, well know the ‘chosen ones’ are what caused it, just look at how real the conflict is, how ignorant the people (us) are who fund it, and then see how willing the opposing is for ‘self sacrifice’ in a world of nuclear weapons.

Tic Tic Tic……

Only one thing will ever stop what is occurring; a certain group was to move and realize the humility of the last 60 years of atrocities but like some of the opinions here; they actually think they have a right, by god!

bishadi,

i realise you think you have all the answers, but in all your so-clever little examples and metaphors you're ignoring one basic thing: the jews didn't pick palestine out of a hat. we didn't go there at random. we went there because it's where we're from. a long time ago, perhaps, but we've never forgotten it. we remember it constantly in our prayers many times every day. we were offered other places to live, like uganda. however, that didn't make sense. only someone completely ignorant about what judaism is and what we believe (or in denial) would compare it to settling at random in indiana of all places.

if you want to understand the israeli-palestinian conflict you will have to invest a little bit more time in it than a "3-second search". both sides of this have their opinions. for every "stern gang", there were "fedayeen". i don't think i need to point out the atrocities on the other side, either.

as for blaming the end of the world on "the chosen ones", remember, it's not us who wants the end of the world. we just want to live peacefully. of course it is a terrible shame what has happened to the palestinians and a just resolution to their tragedy is a necessary part of the resolution of the problems of the middle east as a whole. i would like to ask you, however, bishadi, in relation to this:

bishadi said:
And unless, them self prescribed 'chosen ones' were to pack up and move, then we all know the inevitable will be based from atrocities in the lands of megiddo.
where, bishadi, should the jews who came from iran, iraq, morocco, syria, lebanon, egypt, yemen and the other places in the islamic world "pack up and move" to? we're not all from europe, you know. perhaps you should ask the governments of those countries what they did with the assets of their jewish communities after they made them refugees like the palestinians?

b'shalom

bananabrain

I maintain that neither Israel nor the US want peace in that region. It is far too strategically important to have a heavily militarised force in that area.

Tao

you're entitled to your opinion, of course, tao, but i continue to maintain that israelis want peace and, as we have already established, i think i am probably in a better position to know what israelis want than you are. of course there are large questions of "on what terms" and "what do we mean by peace" and many other issues which probably leave room for us both to be right, except of course i am and you're not, hehe. that's just tongue in cheek, before you get annoyed.

b'shalom

bananabrain

you're entitled to your opinion, of course, tao, but i continue to maintain that israelis want peace and, as we have already established, i think i am probably in a better position to know what israelis want than you are. of course there are large questions of "on what terms" and "what do we mean by peace" and many other issues which probably leave room for us both to be right, except of course i am and you're not, hehe. that's just tongue in cheek, before you get annoyed.

b'shalom

bananabrain
:D

I do not doubt for a moment that the ordinary citizens of Israel want for, long for, peace. But I still maintain the above statement to be the fact.

Tao

:D

I do not doubt for a moment that the ordinary citizens of Israel want for, long for, peace. But I still maintain the above statement to be the fact.

Tao

and Im guessing that secretly you dont believe the holocaust happened and oh yeah the US gov't orchestrated 9-11

and Im guessing that secretly you dont believe the holocaust happened and oh yeah the US gov't orchestrated 9-11

I suggest you dont step up on to your soap box with that kind of talk unless you are prepared to get knocked right back off it. What you guess secretly I shudder to think.

Tao

Interesting. I've always thought most conspiracy theorists were religious zealots. And right wing, most that I've come across fit that category. But topic for another thread maybe the demographics of your average conspiracy theorist.

I suggest you dont step up on to your soap box with that kind of talk unless you are prepared to get knocked right back off it. What you guess secretly I shudder to think.

Tao

lol I thought it was you on the soapbox this thread... to think that the Israeli government would want this political unrest proves you know nothing of what goes on over there every single day. So my suggestion is that you get off your little soapbox and take a trip yourself... because that type of opinion just shows a lack of common sense. and furthermore... You dont scare me... lol

Interesting. I've always thought most conspiracy theorists were religious zealots. And right wing, most that I've come across fit that category. But topic for another thread maybe the demographics of your average conspiracy theorist.

Well its a good thing that I showed you the error of your ways... ;)

I never thought you were one for stereotyping. :p

Back