Which Book of the Abrahamic religions shares the most good?

B

Bishadi

Often each of the books will be used to offer lessons.

Which is the most used?

As well share which sect offers the conformance to the reprentation.

ie..... which is the preferred chapter (book) for the 10 commandments?

Which is the most used?

Namaste Bishadi,

Do tell.

Are you teaching a class? Have you given us a workbook to use?

I'm not being a smart ass. Your questions are just posed in such a way that indicate you already have the answers.

Why then would you ask?

Why would I answer?

And in the scheme of things what does it matter? In the US Budweiser could be the most sold, most drank beer, but if folks are asked it isn't by far the best. The Rolling Stones and Mick Jagger are known worldwide, however I wouldn't rate him in the top 100 singers. So frequency and quantity don't always indicate quality and value, in my mind.

So I'm simply wondering where what the value is here. I so hate answering questions when I know the likelihood is that my knuckles will be rapped by someones ruler.

So I'm simply wondering where what the value is here. I so hate answering questions when I know the likelihood is that my knuckles will be rapped by someones ruler.

ouch

I don't think judging one religion as better than another is a healthy exercise on a comparative religion forum.

I don't think judging one religion as better than another is a healthy exercise on a comparative religion forum.

judging?

this is about which material (book) shares the most good..

prehaps you should try reading the thread title

there are a whole bunch of religious beliefs born from within the text of the religious books; seem that observing the good offers quality discussion

kind of what comparing religions is all about.....

Bishadi,

judging which religious text is better than the others is judging. I don't know what your goal is on this forum. Mine is to learn from and with people of other faiths and to educate others about my own religion when it comes up.

-- Dauer

Bishadi,

Mine is to learn from and with people of other faiths and to educate others about my own religion when it comes up.

-- Dauer

it seems you have not addressed a question yet geared towards doing anything of the such on this thread

if you want to look up a little about what i do, then read one of the few threads i have posted in

this thread is about finding the 'good' in the books of the abrahamic religions

Which is the most used?

Or "Which book do you use most?" vs. "Which is the most used?"

any ideas

think of it as someone is writing a book

Bishadi,

the questions you have posed in your last post are different from the questions you posed in your OP. I don't know whether this reflects a lack of understand of the English language or if you're just changing the playing field.

Peace/Salam/Shalom,

Members from all three major religious groups would argue that their Revelation has most good in them.

For me, as a Muslim, The Holy Bible and Holy Qur'an are very dear to me and I believe them to be God's Word.

The Holy Bible is a record of a history in itself and Man's relationship to God, his learning about God, once again.

The Noble Qur'an is different from the Bible, because while it records some history in it (mostly the first Muslim community's issues), it talks a lot about judgements, laws and commandments. After all, the Noble Qur'an is stated to be the final Revelation, and therefore a Warning to the inevitable Judgement.

Both Books (The Bible and Qur'an) have good in them, and they teach about The Good.

I would say personally the Torah has the most good.. the gospels are sensationalist and the Quran is mostly statements about repentance and how forgiving most merciful.god is.. they both teach good but the quran is more of a post script to the bible then its own scripture..

*wow im gonna get flamed*

The Gospel of John contains the clearest statements of spiritual truth for those following Jesus Christ, so naturally it is my favorite Bible text.

The Gospel of John is my least favorite, precisely because I consider it the least truthful.

the book of genesis to me is the most insightful. especially the story of Joseph. it doesn't hold back its punches and its in your face about the history of man and our mistakes since the beginning. it is like an awesome history book we never got to study in high school. and whats the purpose for history? so that we aren't doomed to repeat our mistakes. but, it seems like our skulls are a little too thick for our own good. anyways, i think i'll shut up, now. thanks for reading.

The Gospel of John is my least favorite, precisely because I consider it the least truthful.

"He who is of God hears God's words; therefore you do not hear, because you are not of God."

-Jn 8:47

The Gospel of John contains the clearest statements of spiritual truth for those following Jesus Christ, so naturally it is my favorite Bible text.

Especially John 14

15`If ye love me, my commands keep,

16and I will ask the Father, and another Comforter He will give to you, that he may remain with you -- to the age; 17the Spirit of truth, whom the world is not able to receive, because it doth not behold him, nor know him, and ye know him, because he doth remain with you, and shall be in you

it is one of the few places where Jesus shares that he is not God as well HE is not the messiah but that another is to come.

John does have many areas of conflict too

Back