What Is Your Greatest Fear?

Only Special To God

Reaction score
Okay, I thought of this one while I was laying floor tile and rearranging the basement....What is your greatest fear? Is it tangilble or intangible? And what are you doing to over come it and or to deal with it?

God Bless
Ian

Mopping, tiling... You are spending your time well. :)

I have fears.... But no greatest fear... Example I have a fear of bodies of water... What am I doing to get over it? Anything but get in it.. :) I will forever avoid water.

I have a fear of glasses (the drinking tool) I cannot drink from glass, from fear of a swallowing a chip and slashing my throat, stomach intestines or bladder or kidneys open... How am I facing that? Simple. I drink from plastic not glass.

I have a fear of choking... I have to chew thousands and thousands of times before I swallow food.

I have a fear of drinking from cans in the summer.... lol In threat of swallowing a wasp.

I have a fear of swallowing pills... I drink the disovable ones, or get liquid capsuels and cut them open.

I think that's it... lol Basically I avoid my fears.

I have a fear of pulling up the floor tiles and finding.......

shallow graves :p:D:p

Mopping, tiling... You are spending your time well. :)

I have fears.... But no greatest fear... Example I have a fear of bodies of water... What am I doing to get over it? Anything but get in it.. :) I will forever avoid water.

I have a fear of glasses (the drinking tool) I cannot drink from glass, from fear of a swallowing a chip and slashing my throat, stomach intestines or bladder or kidneys open... How am I facing that? Simple. I drink from plastic not glass.

I have a fear of choking... I have to chew thousands and thousands of times before I swallow food.

I have a fear of drinking from cans in the summer.... lol In threat of swallowing a wasp.

I have a fear of swallowing pills... I drink the disovable ones, or get liquid capsuels and cut them open.

I think that's it... lol Basically I avoid my fears.

Yes, Alex I am spending my time well, as I do each and every day, as all I know of is to work.

I hate to be the one to tell you Alex, but you are dealing with your fears. I am curious about the water though....Can you not swim? Is there sharks there? Jellyfish? What is it about the water that you fear?

The glass chip, I can understand that. I have had that one happen, so now I look at the outside of the rim of the glass before I take a gulp...I mean drink.

Yep, I have had one of those pesky critters in my pop to. Probably, why I drink out of bottles 99.9% of the time when I am outside. I really don't care to drink out of cans anyway, you just can't see what you are drinking.

I need to definitely chew my food more....I sit down or stand up and eat and in 3 minutes it is gone! Dang and my brain didn't even have enough time to tell my stomach that it has something in it. Probably, why I am hungry all the time.

I gulp my vitamins (14 in all) straight down in one swallow..no problem there.

That made me think of something that happened! The only time that I had a problem swallowing was when I blew a bubble with bubble gum and sucked in my mouth to pop it, that it stuck in my throat, and I couldn't break it because why........the second half of the bubble was down further in my throat. Man was I scared......I had to stuck my finger down my throat to break it, and almost didn't reach, because I was still trying to breathe and it kept going down deeper.......Phew! I didn't by bubble gum for a whole month. lol I still blow bubbles with bubble gum, I like to try to get a bubble, inside of a bubble, inside of a bubble, inside of a bubble. But, now I have to wait until my braces come off to be able to do that again. lol

Thank you Alex,
For replying to my post.

God Bless
Ian

Eep. Never heard that about gum. Yikes.

Alex- did you ever come close to drowning or choking? Just curious, as your fears seem to revolve around that theme.

In general, I'm not afraid of anything in particular. But for whatever reason, I absolutely can't stand having people hug me, tackle me, anything like that in water I can't stand up in. You know, like when you're a kid and you're in the deep end, and people hug you or dunk you for fun? Yeah, I go totally nuts and my rational brain shuts down. I start hitting the person as if my life depended on it. :eek: It is a completely instinctive action and I kind of blank out until I am free. I also hate swimming in the ocean with waves for the same reason. In So Cal when I was a kid, the waves were really strong at the beach and it was tough to get past the point between the calm deep water and the shore. I did it once or twice and determined it freaked me out and I'd avoid it. The waves were really strong with a motion of pulling you under and back out- it's easy to get tired in that kind of current- the water is deep and cold.

I have no problems with swimming otherwise; always loved swimming underwater and I find it very peaceful down there. I've done snorkeling at various locations and swam with huge sting rays in the Caymen Islands. Everything is good except strong waves and people dunking me. ;)

No idea why, as I've never come close to drowning or anything.

As I've aged I've developed a fear of heights. My dad couldn't climb on a roof or drive over a big bridge. I don't want that to happen to me so I still ride roller coasters, climb ladders, and look over the edge of buildings.

It scares me, if I am at a cliff edge I'll crawl to the edge lay down and look over and it feels like the world is tilting toward the cliff. eerie feeling that is...

I'm older than my dad was when his fears got the best of him...so I keep fighting.

I used to never, ever feel any anxiety about heights or flying. I've flown a ton ever since I was a kid shuttling back and forth between mom and dad. I grew up rock climbing in Yosemite on huge granite walls.

I notice occasional anxiety now. I just shove it aside. My job depends on flying and I like heights even if they do make me feel a bit anxious. The views are incredible. So the fear just gets shoved aside.

Stagnation.

Really?

I am curious about the water though....Can you not swim? Is there sharks there? Jellyfish? What is it about the water that you fear?

Nope I have hardly any body fat.... I, sink...

Is there sharks there? Jellyfish? What is it about the water that you fear?

Yes... Yes there is lol.... And much.... Much more... Since I have been able to remember something tells me to stay away from water.... Because... Something in their will be my demise. Its out to get me lol......

I am curious about the water though....Can you not swim? Is there sharks there? Jellyfish? What is it about the water that you fear?

The glass chip, I can understand that. I have had that one happen, so now I look at the outside of the rim of the glass before I take a gulp...I mean drink.

Yep, I have had one of those pesky critters in my pop to. Probably, why I drink out of bottles 99.9% of the time when I am outside. I really don't care to drink out of cans anyway, you just can't see what you are drinking.

I need to definitely chew my food more....I sit down or stand up and eat and in 3 minutes it is gone! Dang and my brain didn't even have enough time to tell my stomach that it has something in it. Probably, why I am hungry all the time.

I gulp my vitamins (14 in all) straight down in one swallow..no problem there.

That made me think of something that happened! The only time that I had a problem swallowing was when I blew a bubble with bubble gum and sucked in my mouth to pop it, that it stuck in my throat, and I couldn't break it because why........the second half of the bubble was down further in my throat. Man was I scared......I had to stuck my finger down my throat to break it, and almost didn't reach, because I was still trying to breathe and it kept going down deeper.......Phew! I didn't by bubble gum for a whole month. lol I still blow bubbles with bubble gum, I like to try to get a bubble, inside of a bubble, inside of a bubble, inside of a bubble. But, now I have to wait until my braces come off to be able to do that again. lol

Thank you Alex,
For replying to my post.

God Bless
Ian

Darn.... I have fits sometimes where I think I am choking and I'm not... But No idea how I'd cope if I really choked like you lol. Oh and on the food to brain thing... I heard somewhere (No idea if it is truth but interesting) If you say for example take some kind of fatty food... Erm a cheeseburger! Before you eat it say out load "I am going to now eat a cheese burger" They said that, that activates your mind to tell your stomach what steps to take to properly digest and consume the food.... lol

Alex,

Yeah. I'd had to not be moving forward, at least a little. Given how little time we have, it would be terrible to me at some point to just be going nowhere.

Ian, whats your fear/s?

Aren’t we the funny one Greymare, you table turner you!

The first thing that you must know about me is that I DO NOT DREAM, and when I do it comes to pass.

I have a few fears that I will tell you about....but my greatest fear is this……..when I go to bed at night (after saying my prayers of course) and close my eyes (I am not dreaming, this happens when I close my eyes….I see things).....the faces that I see (and yes they are attached to bodies, thank you)....a few are nice, but the majority of them that I see are evil you do not see them at the movies. It is hard to explain what they look like, but they do scare me. Now you are thinking that I am cracked, but I don't care. I am going to tell you what I see. When the faces come at me, it is like they are needing to pass through me for some reason. When I am exhausted from lack of sleep (we are talking days here) because of this, and the faces come at me again (and no they are not the same faces, they are always different), there has been wings that have been put around me to protect me and this has happened more than a few times, and I don't feel that it is a coincidence either. I sense that it is my Guardian Angel, that God has sent to protect me. It is comforting and then I can finally fall asleep, and get the much needed rest that my body needs.

After this next sentence, it won't bother me if no one ever talks to me again or if I am to be banned from this site.

It happened just about a 1-1/2 months ago, that the evil faces were no longer trying to pass through me, now they were trying to kill me. I was trying to ward them off. I told them that God loved them and that he wanted to see them, their faces changed in front of my eyes, then they would go up and over me to heaven. But, this one night it was so bad that my Guardian Angel covered me just as a legion was coming at me, so I let him protect me as there were too many for me to handle at one time. That night my Guardian Angel's wings were missing bones and feathers, and they were no longer a glowing bright white, but they were covered in gray soot, and there was blood from where his wings had been hacked at and speared through. I prayed that he would not die, I cried so hard, because if he died then I would die too! My job here on earth is not done and I refuse to be a failure, I will not fail God. He has sent me here for a reason, I am not sure as I never know until it is time for me to move on to the next place where he needs me to be at.

This portion is for Alex....Alex, you know when I told you in Private Message of course about your new Avatar? And I wanted to know where you had gotten it from because I had only seen it in my minds eye. You know what I am talking about as you had created it, and gave it to me as a gift. Which I will treasure always! That was the reason why I joined CR. His picture is how I was donned, except for the sword it does not cut. The sword glows because it is made out of God’s pure and radiant light. You use it like a sword but instead of it cutting it cleanses and fills the being with God’s essence, and they are reborn into heaven. We (my angel and I) are weary from battle, maybe this time God has sent us here to be with all of you to be rejuvenated by people who believe in God as we do, and that possibly all hope is not lost, as evil grows like a weed in the garden.

I have been a believer in God since I was a wee child. I am honest, I do not lie, even if it was to save my life I would not lie, it is part of who I am. The “choice” is yours, either you believe me or you don’t. Black and white.

My other fear is minor and it consists of not finding someone to share my life with, who would love me just because I am me.

So, Greymare………I believe it is now your turn, as I turn the table back to you. What is your greatest fear?

Disappointing those who are truly important in my life. I can deal with what I call "sudden stops" faster than I can deal with disappointing those important to me.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Eep. Never heard that about gum. Yikes.

Alex- did you ever come close to drowning or choking? Just curious, as your fears seem to revolve around that theme.

In general, I'm not afraid of anything in particular. But for whatever reason, I absolutely can't stand having people hug me, tackle me, anything like that in water I can't stand up in. You know, like when you're a kid and you're in the deep end, and people hug you or dunk you for fun? Yeah, I go totally nuts and my rational brain shuts down. I start hitting the person as if my life depended on it. :eek: It is a completely instinctive action and I kind of blank out until I am free. I also hate swimming in the ocean with waves for the same reason. In So Cal when I was a kid, the waves were really strong at the beach and it was tough to get past the point between the calm deep water and the shore. I did it once or twice and determined it freaked me out and I'd avoid it. The waves were really strong with a motion of pulling you under and back out- it's easy to get tired in that kind of current- the water is deep and cold.

I have no problems with swimming otherwise; always loved swimming underwater and I find it very peaceful down there. I've done snorkeling at various locations and swam with huge sting rays in the Caymen Islands. Everything is good except strong waves and people dunking me. ;)

No idea why, as I've never come close to drowning or anything.

Path, you were stuck in an undertow, that is when you need to float to get out of it.

Control, you have no control when they are hugging you in water or dunking you. You are not expecting it, and yes it is exactly how you act trying to survive with your life.

Thank you Path for your reply to my post.

God Bless
Ian

As I've aged I've developed a fear of heights. My dad couldn't climb on a roof or drive over a big bridge. I don't want that to happen to me so I still ride roller coasters, climb ladders, and look over the edge of buildings.

It scares me, if I am at a cliff edge I'll crawl to the edge lay down and look over and it feels like the world is tilting toward the cliff. eerie feeling that is...

I'm older than my dad was when his fears got the best of him...so I keep fighting.

Good for you Wil!

The fear of heights as you get older has to do with you falling. When you age your bones are more fragile. So, you become afraid of things that you use to enjoy like climbing a ladder and such.

Thank you for replying to my post.

God Bless
Ian

Disappointing those who are truly important in my life. I can deal with what I call "sudden stops" faster than I can deal with disappointing those important to me.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Hello Phyllis it is nice to meet you.

Yes, I do understand that one for sure. Disappointment is a toughy, and it is even harder to make it up to them. Sounds like you are doing a great job in handling it.

Thank you for replying to my post.

God Bless
Ian

Back