Happy Rosh Hashana

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Junior Moderator, Intro
Veteran Member
Reaction score
May your year be filled with sweetness.

*the :kitty: delegation enters with their wagons filled with apples, pastries (many containing apples and/or honey), honey, maple syrup-laden baked goods and other sweet items as well as pomegranates. The faint whir of an ice cream maker is heard in the background as pomegranate ice churns in an electric ice cream maker, awaiting the ripening stage*

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Now gotta get this in before you go computer free for a couple of days?

I honor your traditions. Have a Happy New Year and celebration of the high holy days.

Your wish is our command:

Judaism 101: Rosh Hashanah

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Thank you very much for the site, Phyllis

Happy new year 5769. (you are running toooo fast:D:D:D)

Jewish Year 5769: sunset September 29, 2008 - nightfall October 1, 2008

May this year be a year of successful, beneficial plans:)

the Jewish New Year is a time to begin introspection, looking back at the mistakes of the past year and planning the changes to make in the new year

May this year be a year of sweetiness:)

Another popular observance during this holiday is eating apples dipped in honey, a symbol of our wish for a sweet new year

Signing in a little late .... my thoughts and heart with all of you . shana tova umetuka (hope I spelled this right) pohaikawahine p.s. it is suppose to mean "a sweet new year"

Is it meant to be easy?

I'm not sure how much you know about Yom Kippur, so I'm including the entry for Yom Kippur from the same site: Judaism 101: Yom Kippur

It can be quite difficult (imagine not being able to have anything from sundown to sundown, and, say, living next to a bakery or to someone who is hosting a barbecue. Perhaps, there are people inside your house who are forbidden this [like, in bb's case, small children] so someone has to feed them. . . )

It can be quite easy, or it can be a female cur.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Happy Rosh Hashana to you Phyllis and kitties!

I'm not sure what Nosh is, but if its from your kitchen I'm first in line!~

I hope Yom Kippur was a good one.

It was a special one since it fell on the sabbath: Shabbos Shabbasos.

I left services because the people in the congregation were very irreverent, especially during the Memorial Service. I fought down the desire to backhand each and every one of them, leaving before the Memorial Service was over (hope everyone on the Other Side forgive me for it, including IL, Jack, flow, Prober, my parents, grandparents, aunts, uncles, cousins, etc.

One person had the nerve to ask me why I left the services for a few minutes (I cannot fast due to medical reasons, and I find it rather discourteous to eat in front of people who are fasting [I disliked it when people ate in front of me when I was fasting, so why should I show the same disregard/discourtesy?].)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back