How can I do damage to the Mormon Church?

i already don't like it. i'm actually quite appalled by your comments so far.

b'shalom

bananabrain

Cheer up, it'l get worse. Perhaps you may even come to see you are constructing something harmful to yourself from your own acquired defense mechanisms

and maybe you'll realise just how far over the line you've stepped with this patronising garbage.
Don't hold your breath. Nick loves to tell other people what it is that they think; the metaphysical absurdity of telling us what is and isn't in our own heads, as if we did not already know, never occurs to him. It doesn't matter how often we tell him that he is not within a light-year of being correct; he just assumes we're all lying to him.

Don't hold your breath. Nick loves to tell other people what it is that they think; the metaphysical absurdity of telling us what is and isn't in our own heads, as if we did not already know, never occurs to him. It doesn't matter how often we tell him that he is not within a light-year of being correct; he just assumes we're all lying to him.

One of the most outstanding features of the secular mind is its inability to appreciate how little it knows.

That's a characteristic of human minds in general, Nick. I am certainly better able to see it in you than you yourself can, and vice versa.

55 years ago segregation was alive and well and normal in the US. 30 years ago folks were appalled when they saw a interacial couple and called their offspring halfbreeds and mulato and predjudice was of the extreme.

This year we elected a President who is just such an offspring. That is a mighty big change.

We have openly gay members in the house and senate, in business and gov't, the tide is turning. Perhaps the most telling is the REPUBLICAN congressman and senator that spoke out vehemently against gay rights yet were repectively caught propisitioning interns and soliciting sex in a lavatory

I don't see how black people and gay people came into it lol... That isn't related to my concerns, at all lol.

You know, I've never cared much about their beliefs, silly though I consider them. I've always been polite to the apple-cheeked missionary boys knocking on my door to peddle that absurdly fraudulent book. What have I ever done to them that they should attack me with spite and deceit, so that on what should have been a happy night I still cannot feel like a citizen in my own country?

My first instinct is to hunt down one of those missionaries and strangle him; or to firebomb a Mormon temple; or at least go to one of their services and slash everybody's tires. Don't worry, I'll get over that. But what should I do?

I am thinking, maybe push for local ordinances and statewide ballot initiatives to require a license for going door-to-door with religious literature. Or craft a special clothing tax whose wording makes it applicable only to their sacred underwear. Sound discriminatory and flatly unconstitutional? DAMNED STRAIGHT! I want to make them run to the "liberal activist judges" to beg for their rights to be protected. Hopefully it will cost them a lot of money.

Or: doesn't the LDS church own a lot of businesses? Maybe find a list of those, promote boycotts, and spread viciously slanderous rumors on billboards frequented by gullible paranoids. Or: try to recruit Anonymous to put the Mormons on their list next to the Scientologists?

Any other ideas?

These gays will give you ideas. Nothing gay here. They don't even seem slightly happy. 70% of blacks supported prop 8. This should make a good fight. Study their methods Bob. You may learn a few new tricks as to how to do more damage.

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/mormons-under-siege-1019524.html

If anyone's interested, I got an e-mail about a group called the courage campaign that's petitioning to repeal prop 8.

Wow I really thought the people on interfaith would not be so unfair and hurtful to a religous organization. I am mormon and it is obvious that this is about Proposition 8. I can see how people opposed to this were angry to see its passing. Instead of trying to harm the mormon church maybe try to help them see that homosexual marriage doesn't threaten traditional marriage. I also feel it is very unfair how mormons have been singled out. It was a broad based coalition. Yes I've heard stories how mormons supposively contributed so much money to the campaign. Which could be true but to my knowledge that kind of information doesn't become public knowledge, but maybe so. The bottom line is there is less than one million mormons in California. This in a state of over 50 million people. Mormons are definately a minority and not some voting superpower. Yes it was a close election so mormon votes contributed. I also find interesting how the same people that were claiming tolerance and that proposition 8 was a cruel measure have now turned around with violent protests. Including vandelism, assault, and arsony, but mormons are the cruel ones right for being part of the democratic process. I myself have an interesting viewpoint on this issue. On one hand I am devout mormon but on the other I have some homosexual family members who I love dearly. And though I believe in the sanctity of marriage. I firmly believe that homosexuals should be given every civil right and should always be treated fairly and with respect. I just feel the anger toward the mormon church is an obvious form of scapegoating and is wrong. Even many of the opponents of propostiton 8 have condemed many of the violent protests by members of the homosexual community. I think your time would be better spent trying to help mormons understand your point of view than trying to "hurt them". Shouldn't tolerance and respect be shown to mormons as well? I do appreciate however that you don't take you frustrations out on the lds missionaries.

Had to run a search on this:
California Proposition 8 (2008 - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia)

Surprised to see the LDS, with their massive support for the gambling industry, talking about morals.

The lds church is very opposed to gambling. There are two ways you can go about changing this. You can react in a way of a soar loser or you can try to convince people of your point of view in a respectful way. The main reason proposition 8 passed is people perceived it as an attack on the traditional family. You could help people understand how this is not the case. Granted some are so convinced of their views that it would be wasted breath, but there are many who would listen to your argument and try to understand your point of view. Also I feel that the anger toward the mormon church on this issue is misplaced. Yes they definately contributed, but ultimately mormons make up about one percent of
California's population. So you are directing all of your anger and frustration at a very small minority. I just feel time would be better spent building bridges of understanding and of respect. But if you are convinced of damaging the mormon church you could convince people not to let their young children play with mormons, or you could convince restaurant owners not to let mormon missionaries eat at their restaurant, or you could urge the California legislature to pass an extermination order legalizing killing mormons. Or you could post anti mormon signs at their temples and when an elderly lady comes to take the signs down you could assault her and send her to the hospital. Oh wait these are all things that are being done or have been done to them already.

It's about time we had a Mormon on this web site. Now we can finally hear about what a Mormon has to say.

Last edited:
I also feel it is very unfair how mormons have been singled out. It was a broad based coalition. Yes I've heard stories how mormons supposively contributed so much money to the campaign. Which could be true but to my knowledge that kind of information doesn't become public knowledge, but maybe so.
OF COURSE it is public record. The Mormons were about 80% of the funding and almost 100% of the door-to-door campaigners. It appears also that the church violated the legal restrictions on the extent to which a church can involve itself in politics.
I also find interesting how the same people that were claiming tolerance and that proposition 8 was a cruel measure have now turned around with violent protests.
You stabbed me in the heart, for no provocation. Of course I feel deeply angry at you. I do not approve of the violence, but of course I felt such urges myself in the immediate wake of it: so I apologize for those who felt as I did and were unable to suppress the violent impulse.
mormons are the cruel ones right for being part of the democratic process.
For a majority to decide whether a minority is "allowed" to have the same rights as themselves is no proper part of any democratic process.
I firmly believe that homosexuals should be given every civil right and should always be treated fairly and with respect.
Tell that to your goddamned church.
I think your time would be better spent trying to help mormons understand your point of view than trying to "hurt them".
Your church has always been firmly opposed to any kind of rights for us. I have no hope of changing your church, only of weakening it.
Shouldn't tolerance and respect be shown to mormons as well?
OF COURSE I "tolerate" you: when have I ever tried to break up your families? Leave me alone, and I will leave you alone.
But "respect"? No. That needs to be earned.

I understand you are hurt by this issue. Just to point some things out the Mormon church has publically stated that it would support civil unions. And has oft repeated that homosexuals are children of god and should be treated with dignity and respect. So to imply that the mormon church is anti-gay is not accurate. They just believe in the sanctity of marriage. They are not alone in this. Catholic. evangelical christians, Hispanics, and African Americans all voted largely in favor of proposition 8. How come you don't have threads on how to damage these people. These groups had a lot more to do with propostion 8 passing than the mormons did. And the mormon church has little influence in these groups of people that make up a substantial part of the voting populous in California. In my eyes that's the bottom line more voted yes than no. I understand that you feel very strongly about this issue. I do appologize if me pointing out the violent anti-mormon protest that members of the homosexual community have been raging. It was not my intent by any means. I understand that those doing so are a minority and not an accurate representation of the homosexual community at large. I just feel the attacks against the mormon church whether verbal or physical are very counter-productive for your cause. And many political anaylists have confirmed my view on this. There are many in the Catholic, Evangelical, African-American, Hispanc, and mormon groups of people, including myself, that would gladly listen to your point of view and try to understand it. Just a thought wouldn't that be the best way to change these organization or groups of people. Change them from the inside out. But to do this you must let go of your hate and even treat these people with respect and try to convice them of your point of view. It was a very close vote so you wouldn't have to convince to many either.

Dbanks,

do you think you could possibly include a couple of paragraph breaks in your posts? I'm interested in what you have to say but without the breaks it's a little more difficult to read through them.

Welcome to the forums btw and I hope you decide to stick around.

-- Dauer

I understand you are hurt by this issue. Just to point some things out the Mormon church has publically stated that it would support civil unions.
Yeah, right.
Where are their millions of dollars campaigning for civil unions in every state? Where are the civil unions in Utah?
And has oft repeated that homosexuals are children of god and should be treated with dignity and respect.
Accusing us of endangering children, along with the other lies they told, was far from treating us with any kind of dignity or respect.
So to imply that the mormon church is anti-gay is not accurate.
Your church is led by lying weasels. They have fought tooth-and-nail against any kind of rights for us anywhere they can, and don't let them tell you otherwise.
They just believe in the sanctity of marriage.
Legal marriage is not the property of your church. It is an institution which was around long before there were any Christians.

Yeah, right.
Where are their millions of dollars campaigning for civil unions in every state? Where are the civil unions in Utah?

This was a very recent statment made. And after the surge of violent protests probably something that will not happen.

Accusing us of endangering children, along with the other lies they told, was far from treating us with any kind of dignity or respect.

I can't debate this point with you because I am a resident of Nevada not California so I have no idea how the campaign was run. But the coalition to protect the family was not mormon run. The mormon church only supported it after be asked to. The people directing it and managing were not mormons. You seem to be implying that this campaign was run directly out of Salt Lake.

The only advertisment I even heard of was one from opponents of proposition 8. It was the one the portrayed two mormon missionaries as breaking into someone house or something like that and acting like moral police. Definately not truthful and I would argue you can't hold one side to higher standard than you hold the other. That being said I would be upset to if I was accused of endangering children and things like that and I will research that to verify what you have said. I do feel that is despicable. But its not as if any commercial aired was sent to Salt Lake first for approval.

Your church is led by lying weasels. They have fought tooth-and-nail against any kind of rights for us anywhere they can, and don't let them tell you otherwise.

This statement very offensive. I would ask you first if you have ever meet any of these men. Because I have and all of these men are well know for their integrity even among non mormons who knew them in their lives prior to be called to serve in leadership capacities.

Legal marriage is not the property of your church. It is an institution which was around long before there were any Christians.

You have a very valid point here. Though I suppose one could argue as McCain did that this is a nation founded on Christian principles. I personally see some truth to that but the implications of such an argument scare me.

I personally would support homosexual marriage if their was some provision that would protect churches from somewhere down the road being sued and forced to perform marriages for homosexual couples. This concern I realize may be far fetched but it is a concern I have never the less.

The other point that concerns me is how it would change the public education system. I am concerned about this due to observance of Massachusetts. I am sure you've heard or read why this concerns some people so I feel I don't need to state these concerns to you. Just to let you know I am not near as radical as some about this issue. My main concern is on the elementary and middle school levels. I think on the high school level children have the maturity to handle such issues. And also by this point in life parents have been able to teach them the values that they feel will benefit them most in life.

I do understand that there are many on both sides that are so wrapped up on their point of view that compromise is out of the question. I just look forward to a day when this is no longer the case.

I really don't wish to enter this fray, but isn't this a little bit misleading, Bob?

I mean, even before Christianity, even in cultures where homosexuality was normative and acceptable, gays did not marry and there was no legal recourse for such. It's certainly possible I may be mistaken in this, and if you can point to evidence to show me incorrect, that's OK.

I don't wish to enter your argument regarding your concerns now, but trying to use this pre-Christian argument as some kind of historic precedent to support your position is simply not accurate or honest according to my understanding of history.

In other words, while marriage may not be the property of Christianity...neither is marriage the property of gays in any sense I am aware of in any historic cultural context. Alexander may have kept a male lover, but he *married* Roxanne.

Last edited:
in cultures where homosexuality was normative and acceptable, gays did not marry and there was no legal recourse for such. It's certainly possible I may be mistaken in this
You are.
and if you can point to evidence to show me incorrect, that's OK.
Not right now, but I'll get to it. Most prominent cases are two emperors, Hadrian under the pagan regime, and a Byzantine emperor married by the Orthodox church.

Back