Poetry Competition

T

Tao_Equus

Last year I did a painting as a tribute to our departed brother Flow. I would now like to offer that painting as a prize in a poetry competition amongst you all.

The poem should be about the online medium and what meeting people in this way has meant to you. Otherwise there are no restrictions.

I will select a short-list of 10, (if there are that many entries and because that is the maximum number that can be included in a poll), and the winner will be decided by poll.

The closing date for entries is March 1st.

Attachments

• paintings 003resized.jpg
    paintings 003resized.jpg
    107.1 KB · Views: 449
In the event of a tie a second vote will be instigated between the winners.

Last year I did a painting as a tribute to our departed brother Flow. I would now like to offer that painting as a prize in a poetry competition amongst you all.

Flow? Flowperson?

Oh boy! What, he/she is gone too? We've had InLove and Prober go . . . and now flowperson. I didn't even know! Was it some time this year when I "disappeared?"

I was wondering why I didn't see him/her around.

I know most of you people would be over it (or not) by now, but I'd just like to ask the question: how did he/she go? I think I remember hearing that InLove and Prober just went to sleep one night and didn't wake up . . .

Things just aren't flowing very well.

But can you ship it to anonymous persons? Like, through one of those Italian mafia families or something?

But can you ship it to anonymous persons? Like, through one of those Italian mafia families or something?

Well I need some address to be able to send it of course. Is anyone so scared of me that would be an issue? :p

Who me? The mafia would scare me a lot more, so of course I'm not serious. You've made a very generous offer and I will chip in a poem, too.

OK, just for clarification...

Should the original poems be submitted to you personally, like via PM, so you can pick the ten? Or how is that part supposed to work?

OK, just for clarification...

Should the original poems be submitted to you personally, like via PM, so you can pick the ten? Or how is that part supposed to work?

No Juan, they should be posted on this thread. In early march I will re-post the 10 entries I think are the best on a new thread where a public vote will decide the winner. I did consider asking someone else to do the first selection but then they would be prevented from taking part. I do not know how many people will take part either...it maybe there are less than 10!! If there are a lot more than 10 then I can do multiple threads or heats. I would like to put them all to public vote but there is no way to do it with more than 10 options.
I am open to suggestions.

No, no, it's your game...you are welcome to make the rules. I just wanted a clarification as to what the rules were on that point.

A heavenly forum?

Is it virtual reality
or am I really online?

Is it real?

The joy of seeing a screen name
or avatar of an old friend in 'new posts'
is no different than hearing a voice
or seeing a face.

It seems as real.

I covet the conversations,
I connect with bytes,
and bits touch my heart.

Sure feels real.

And loss, I miss folks that don't post.
And cry for those that pass on.

It is real.

The difference is... in the forum:
Time doesn't matter
Color doesn't matter
Gender doesn't matter
Parentage doesn't matter
What side of the border doesn't matter
whatever the baud rate, the connection is the same.

Is this heaven?

Back