Poetry Competition

Come on now. Someone who knows Flow ought to display it. ..... Actually the most important thing is not to let Grey have it, because she would just waste the opportunity. Probably she'd just hang it up or something.
I agree. However, I only knew/know flowperson and Tao via electronic discussions on this site. Now I was considering limiting the contest to only folks that knew flow, however. By searching his posts and threads, and considering, contemplating and commenting on his post and your reactions to it...you will have come to know flow as the rest of us...hence the nature of this competetion.

Lastly it is my feeling, that once someone receives this painting and sits with it and memories of flow for a period of time...they to will realize while it does wonders hanging on your wall...it will be a treat to allow others to do the same.

roflmao, them is fighting words dreamer, i hope youcan back yourself. roflmao.
And yes i would just hang, it, Stop your whinging dreamyboy, and look up flows past posts, he had many pearls of wisdom.
I love your little digs dreamypoo, you make me giggle.
Flow would love ya, you are a scream.
Love the Grey

Surprise!!

Glad you received it intact Wil :) Perhaps if you really do not want to keep it you could try tracing his son and getting it to him ? Though we both know its so naive and amateur you cant live with it long ;) But I think Flow would laugh as I do now and he above all posters here used to join me for a jaunt through the cosmos. I think he put great care into the selection of the solitary ocean going sunfish as his avatar. Like me he got a buzz out of contemplating the vastness of things and for looking at the complexity emerging on the cutting edge of observational science. The white roses for me do symbolise my respects as a friend. Yes its all put together incredibly naively and its schoolboy quality.....and you and I both know I aint never gona be a famous painter!! (So Dream on Dream ;) ) None the less its out of my hands!! You decide :D

Surprise!!

Glad you received it intact Wil :) Perhaps if you really do not want to keep it you could try tracing his son and getting it to him ? Though we both know its so naive and amateur you cant live with it long ;)
I refuse to agree that an amateur work doesn't have incredible value.

I will keep it if folks object to it traveling. I would love to have it on my wall, but I know almost every regular poster around for the past five years would love to sit and contemplate this work of art.

Masterpiece from an art perspective? I don't know, but it is a masterpiece in taking me to a place where I enjoy immensely.

I refuse to agree that an amateur work doesn't have incredible value.

I will keep it if folks object to it traveling. I would love to have it on my wall, but I know almost every regular poster around for the past five years would love to sit and contemplate this work of art.

Masterpiece from an art perspective? I don't know, but it is a masterpiece in taking me to a place where I enjoy immensely.

Thanks for your kind words Wil, and on thinking about it a little longer I think you maybe right to open it up again and let it flow.... I was letting my own vanity (if that's right) get in the way.

OR, we could all just come to your place Wil for a big party and painting appreciation day.

AND steal the picture!

My door is open...

Great opportunity for a thief! I will come in . . . pick it up . . . walk out the door . . . and fly all the way back here to Australia.

Then maybe I will sell it to someone for $1000-$1 million.

Catch me if you can.

I'm already thinking about what I can do with the money. Money, money, money.

I had a dream . . .:D:D:eek:

Great opportunity for a thief!
Only time I've been stolen from is when the doors were locked and then they had to break in to steal.

I'd prefer not to have to fix broken windows or doors, so I leave them unlocked most of the time.

Besides, anyone that feels the need to come in and take my stuff obvoiusly needs it more than I. And there is always more where it came from, this is an abundant world.

Life can be a miracle
Open your mind and see
Virtue a path of beauty
Existing in you and me

Safe is this passage
Always open it is Grace
Vice is but the darkness
Existing in its place

Sit a bit and think it over
Acknowledge Grace and see
Love is God's guiding hand
Living spirit and heavens key

Love saves all

Life can be a miracle
Open your mind and see
Virtue a path of beauty
Existing in you and me

Safe is this passage
Always open it is Grace
Vice is but the darkness
Existing in its place

Sit a bit and think it over
Acknowledge Grace and see
Love is God's guiding hand
Living spirit and heavens key

Love saves all

Nice gate keeper!

That painting... I held it, and loved it. As a memory of both flow and tao...

I gave it as a wedding gift to greymare and quahom... IO participants who ended up getting married... We had three of us show up at the wedding, the others Juan and dream came from many miles away, the bride and grooms family and friends wondered who this odd clan was, me with my kids and us all meeting for the first time...grey and q at the alter discussing which if us showed up...

I gave the painting on as a wedding gift to the couple...a couple of folks from across the world who met on this internet site...one fro us, the other an Aussie... And if our current Aussie would have had the time or inclination he and NJ would have met them in his current trip...we could have set a new record of the most IOers in one place!

But anyway, when she opened the gift and broke into tears... And as the rumors around the room started flying "those are people from that internet site they met on"...

Fun day, fun memories, thanks for reopening the gate, gate.

Back