What do you drink?

Which do you consume most of in an average week?

• Pure Water

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Soft Drinks

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Tea

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Herbal/Fruit Teas

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Coffee

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Milk

• Alcoholic Drinks

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other

• Never Drink

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Ok I'll be honest for once... The Green Tea I had (and I've only ever had it once) I brewed it... So maybe I did it wrong who knows.. I made it like a normal tea.... Without milk... And I didn't like it so I added three sugars (my usual amount in a coffee) and I still didn't like it... So I added another three to be safe and it was still not me...... Maybe cause it was Green tea and ginger? Maybe the ginger made it suck? It just sounded really nice and I was feeling all ninja-y as I do from time to time and wanted to pretend to be japanese :/

Being honest for once myself….you put sugar in coffee??!! You heathen! You’ll be telling me you put milk in it next. Oh please stop…

Anyway back to the green tea. Think of it like this. Ninjas drink green tea like a refreshing, wet sort of thing…and lots of it. It should be brewed with water just off the boil and for a very short time – no stewing please! Loose tea being far better than bags of course. By short I mean just until the tea becomes coloured. I think putting 3, or 6 :eek: sugars in anything is…well…a flavoured drink of sugar. I think if you drink something as sweet as that you’re not going to like green tea however it might be prepared. It’s too delicate in flavour and adding sugar easily masks all of its character.:eek:

s.

I indeed do put milk in coffee!! Fat creamy Channel Island (gold top) milk... Nothing but the best... If it is instant... It is the Douwe Egberts dark (the good tasty strong stuff) Two and a half spoonfuls of that, three sugars and then let it cook for a moment in boiling hot water than fill the rest of it to the brim with creamy milk. Sometimes I have a few mugs of a coffee called "rocket fuel" and I do that just the same! If I am using our filter system I add less sugar...... two spoonfuls lol! Hey! Do you mind.... I am the one who gets to do the heathen name calling............. Heathen!

Ok I still have the box of green tea at home lol... I'll blow the dust off it next time I want to play ninjas and samurai! and give it one last chance.

I knew you'd put milk in! Lord of the Heathens!

Ok I still have the box of green tea at home lol... I'll blow the dust off it next time I want to play ninjas and samurai! and give it one last chance.
There's a time and a place for ginger (eg a curry) and I don't think in green tea is it. I think I've had green tea with ginger and the ginger taste is too strong for it IMO.

s.

Ginger in green tea? Naw. You put lemon grass in it. (Just a crosswise slice that you've pounded a couple of times with your kitchen mallet.)

White tea is really quite delicate. It goes nicely with a little Asian pear juice to flavor it.

I only drink a couple of cups of tea a week. I usually drink coffee at work, and fruit juices at home. (OK, I also drink coffee at home. {Dark roast, double strength.} :eek:)

seattlegal-albums-misc-picture734-latte-macchiato-loeffel-mit-kniff.gif

I used to drink mostly coffee and diet pepsi until I started getting sick.. after reading up on stuff and changing my drinking to mostly water Ive been good to go.

the reason being is that your body is made up of mostly water and if you are dehydrated your body will start using the water from various organs.. like your brain!

If you ever feel thirst you are already dehydrated. and you are supposed to drink your weight divided by two in ounces of water a day tio stay hydrated.

Ok Im done preaching.. i LOVE coffee. I ADORE thick black sludgy coffee. yummy

coffee.
coffee.
In an average mug of coffee i have ususally 2 or 3 heaped spoons of coffee. I like it strong, i cant taste it otherwise.
Quahom will verify this. just a dash of milk,(lowfat) and half a teaspoon sugar.
However, when i am sick i cannot drink coffee, but my; body craves tea. (???)
I drink Powerade and sports waters a lot, or just plain water with a slice of lemon in it.
but mainly coffee.

My father had a timer on his coffee pot so when he got out of the shower and went downstairs the coffee was freshly brewed...he drank coffee steady till noon, switched to martinis and the vodka bottle under the desk or the car seat till he got home...then switched to beer till he sat down at the dinner table, then back to coffee till he went to bed...every day...lived till 63.

I grew up hating the smell of coffee, made me gag. My sisters loved it and both drank coffee. I drank plenty of alcohol till I learned to count to two. Now beer and booze stays in my house till someone comes by and is interested in a drink...I may even have one with them...

Mostly water...and I'll juice veggies and fruit...or drink the storebought stuff.

Coffee breath! :eek:

oops me too tho would love to give up this particular addiction, but why substitute it for another 'tea jenny' one? [ok slightly less caffeine so less 'jittery'].

no sugar as milk sweetens it enough; satisfy my guilt by juicing carrots most days [with either orange juice or real apples mmmm].

love a milky tea with sugar and whisky if l've been up all night and want to carry on partying [not very often,honest!]

There are lots of green teas to be had and some are just crap.
You do have to spend some time familiarizing yourself with it just as you would to find the right coffee bean.
For those that want one of the better matcha green teas I would recommend Muzi brand (http://www.muzitea.com/).
To make it neat you take a small bit and wisk it with some very hot water, but not boiling, in a small cup until it is frothy and the little lumps are broken up.
I would drink it by the large bowlful, take a spoonful of powder add a spoonful of creamed honey and mix until it isn't lumpy, add coconut milk and mix until it is a thin paste, then add hot water. You need to play with the proportions to get it right for your taste, the brand of coconut milk makes a big difference as well, use one without preservatives. (if you do not follow the above order you will have little floating green lumps in your matcha latte.

The tea I am drinking now is red rooibos (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rooibos), which is a nice drink both hot or iced, with lemon and honey, just honey, or even just by itself.
The active stimulant in matcha is L-theanine which has a similar effect as caffeine, but without the jitters, it seems to both stimulate and calm at the same time.
you can buy this L-theanine in a herbal shop and it is a nice product (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=e3jGvp4xdD4).

I like a wide variety of beverages, but unfortunately I can't process most of them very well without very high acidity levels in my body. I also get dehydrated extremely easily. So, on doctor's orders, I've long been almost an exclusive water-drinker. I drink about 3 or 4 times the water most people do, and then am just sure I get enough salt to avoid imbalance problems.

I love teas, so I drink the herbal kind. I am actually not much fond of green tea, but I have a cup anyway each day for the antioxidants. I found that good quality green tea with jasmine is more tolerable for me.

Everything else, I can't have too frequently, but I can offset the occasional indulgence with Tums. LOL :D

Alcohol... I enjoy a nice glass of wine or a dark beer with dinner on occasion. Love Guinness. Yum. I have a surprisingly high tolerance for alcohol, given that I drink very infrequently. Must be the Irish and Norwegian ancestry? At any rate, I always had to work hard at getting drunk- only hard alcohol has much of an effect, and even then, it is required in rather high quantities. So, in general I see it as pointless to drink for any other reason but taste.

It seems to me that I read somewhere that coffee helps prevent cancer.
apparently everyone on the forum is going to live a long, jittery, irritable life :)

Everything in moderation....including moderation is what I go by.

The body Ph is very important.
I heard somewhere that if you go below 3 for Ph you stand a good chance of dying (maybe someone here can confirm that, or expand it)
But in any case, low overall Ph is unhealthy and our modern diet of processed foods and meat and all the acidic foods/salts, etc, all contribute to a lowered Ph.
Most of the maladies which plague humanity love an acidic environment and our immune system doesn't.
That is probably why ozone and other oxygen therapies work for many people as it counters the fermentation that is killing them.
A simple household item like baking soda has proven to be very helpful for some people to get them healthy again.

Yep, I drink baking soda in water once a day before bed and it's helped a lot. I always ate healthy- very little junk food, not much soda, etc. But unfortunately, it wasn't enough. My body's response to a wide variety of preservatives, additives, and chemicals (in paints, laquers, dyes, bathroom products, cleansers, etc.) is to go acidic to a pretty substantial degree. I used to be in so much pain in severe episodes that I had to go to the ER and have a saline drip to flush my system and narcotics so I could sleep through the worst of it. Took about 5 years to figure out what I was reacting to, and then it was fairly easy to fix. I just had to avoid non-organic food and chemicals like paint fumes, hairspray, and so forth.

Ever since figuring out the list of "no-nos" I have not had to go to the ER once. Even so, there are enough toxins that just sort of exist perpetually in our society that I need my once a day baking soda routine to counter-balance my body's response.

Doctors still do not know why exactly my body responds this way or why I get dehydrated so easily. They tested for everything but all they could say was that I was extremely sensitive to chemicals and my body treats most of them as an attack on it that somehow generates an autoimmune response.

Yep, I drink baking soda in water once a day before bed and it's helped a lot. I always ate healthy- very little junk food, not much soda, etc. But unfortunately, it wasn't enough. My body's response to a wide variety of preservatives, additives, and chemicals (in paints, laquers, dyes, bathroom products, cleansers, etc.) is to go acidic to a pretty substantial degree. I used to be in so much pain in severe episodes that I had to go to the ER and have a saline drip to flush my system and narcotics so I could sleep through the worst of it. Took about 5 years to figure out what I was reacting to, and then it was fairly easy to fix. I just had to avoid non-organic food and chemicals like paint fumes, hairspray, and so forth.

Ever since figuring out the list of "no-nos" I have not had to go to the ER once. Even so, there are enough toxins that just sort of exist perpetually in our society that I need my once a day baking soda routine to counter-balance my body's response.

Doctors still do not know why exactly my body responds this way or why I get dehydrated so easily. They tested for everything but all they could say was that I was extremely sensitive to chemicals and my body treats most of them as an attack on it that somehow generates an autoimmune response.
Dehydration and allergic responses are often associated with low adrenal hormone levels.
Have you ever had your adrenal hormone levels tested? How about low pituatary levels that might keep your adrenal level low?

Back