What do you drink?

Which do you consume most of in an average week?

• Pure Water

Votes: 16 51.6%
  • Soft Drinks

Votes: 5 16.1%
  • Tea

Votes: 7 22.6%
  • Herbal/Fruit Teas

Votes: 3 9.7%
  • Coffee

Votes: 13 41.9%
  • Milk

• Alcoholic Drinks

Votes: 2 6.5%
  • Other

• Never Drink

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Dehydration and allergic responses are often associated with low adrenal hormone levels.
Have you ever had your adrenal hormone levels tested? How about low pituatary levels that might keep your adrenal level low?

Yep. My hormone levels were within the normal range. But thanks for the tip!

I don't know if it's related, but I get heat exhaustion in the city/burbs very easily too. I always have, even as a kid. I will be out and running errands or something and if it is over 100 degrees, I'll just pass out on occasion. So I am careful in the summer not to do too much when it is very hot. I think it has something to do with the So Cal summer smog, because when I did my field research it was also very hot but I could work outside all day. But there was no air pollution, whereas in So Cal it is substantial.

I figure my body just doesn't like the modern crappiness of our built environment. I never have these problems when I am in the backcountry or eat organic.

Both bentonite and zeolite are effective at absorbing and assisting the body with getting rid of environmental toxins.
So if you are exposed to a particularly nasty environment and can't avoid it or are eating food that is less than acceptable or dubious as to its purity, then those 2 are good to have.
You don't need much, and it pays to do some comparative shopping before you buy and try as there are some brands that are not useful and some that are not the proper grade good for consumption.

Found a great online shop for teas and all things tea-related.

Perhaps I shouldn't advertise so I'll just say it begins with j and ends with ing.

I'll say no more.:)

s.

Coffee, more coffee, and too much coffee. Oh and some coffee.

Some water to flush the kidneys. Some beer to flush the liver.

And did I mention coffee?

While I consume more tea than coffee today, in the past while in service I did personally engage in mortal combat with a 30 cup coffee maker each day. Suffice it to say I still live and the perculator is history.

My current custom is to drink coffee (I follow the Dark path) until noon, change over to a ripe Pu Erh tea, and after six in the evening I switch over to Assam tea.

I greet the weekend afternoons with raw, or green, Pu Erh's (multiple), a carbonated beverage or two, and partake of Darjeeling after sunset. Additionally, of the week ends, a few hours are reserved specifically for sampling new teas.

Water I drink on occasions, rare, and as I do not trust to its purity I sterilize it, in the glass, with some form of alcoholic additive.:)

The Japanese (Genmachi) and Korean green teas often have barley or rice, some times toasted, as part of the mix. I am not particularly fond of this blending and much prefer a stout Gun Powder green when on expedition.

In the colder months of the year the Assam is replaced with a quite aromatic and smoky Lapsang Suchong.

Namaste Tao,

thank you for the interesting thread.

i choose water as the most consumed liquid for me...64oz a day is the minimum but on some days i don't consume enough.

i'd have to say that the second most consume drink for me is soft drinks... alas, no flouride in the water in North Africa has made my adult teeth rather susceptible to the deleterious effects of soft drinks so i've had to cut back and increase my dental hygeine.

i'm sure my dentist would suggest that i continue to increase both of those trends :)

metta,

~v

Fluoride in water has very little effect on teeth.
If you want some to work it needs to be topically applied and left to sit for a while, then rinsed off carefully so as not to be ingested, as it is....after all....RAT POISON.

Fluoride in water has very little effect on teeth.
If you want some to work it needs to be topically applied and left to sit for a while, then rinsed off carefully so as not to be ingested, as it is....after all....RAT POISON.

Fluoridation of water for children is very important for the health of their adult teeth.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fluoridation

Shawn, please upload your dental x-rays :D.

Fluoridation of water for children is very important for the health of their adult teeth.
Not so beneficial for adults though.
As you will note I did say that topical applications are more effective and do not lead to things like skeletal fluorosis ( Skeletal fluorosis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia )
If one drinks a lot of, well pretty much anything these days, one will be getting a much higher dose of fluoride than one ought to.
It is a medication and is put in the water ostensibly to prevent a disease, but there is no way to control the dosage.
Plus, I think that our garden vegetables do not need to have fluoride fertilizer applied, but when you water with the tap from city water then that is exactly what you are doing.

Actually, my teeth are fairly good, for over 40. Only some dental work, no falsies and the cavities were mainly from when I was younger and ate too many sweets and didn't brush properly.So, :p

I use to drink very little water and now I drink a lot .... what I have found out is that the more water I drink, the more I crave it.... I also drink a lot of fruit juice .... on a really hot or humid day I love to add soda water to my fruit juice l.... also love coffee and tea, but don't drink as much of them as I use to.....it was interesting that fruit juice was not on the original survey???? poh

I dislike coffee. Well only the part that's hot. I like the smell. I like the taste. But can't stand drinking hot beverages unless I want to pass out in the next 60 seconds... And Caffiene doesn't even help, cuz I'm so addicted to it I swear it doesn't even effect me anymore. I like iced coffee.

I drink pop... AKA Soft drinks, or whatever. Diet Mt. Dew. MMMMM.

being forced to make strawberry milkshakes everyday to use up the fruits before the friendly blackbirds get in there before me! yumm roll on rasps, go away rain come back sun:)

Back