"Personal relationship with God"

A belief creates a false sense of knowing.

What is actually here?

To read me, you might think I am saying I know.

In reality, my words are an attempt to say this is unknowable.

To bring us to an acceptance of this not knowing.

The mind wants to understand, but all it ever creates is confusion.

Truth is not understandable, it can only be lived.

I directly point at the unknowable, I am not concerned at all with knowledge.

Knowledge is useful in our jobs.

In life, it only subtracts from the beauty.

We can say much about a rose or a sunset, how these are comprised, what is actually being seen, we can dissect each and describe the constituent parts, how our senses are receiving this information.

All of this takes us away from what is.

(yes, even the belief that all beliefs bring us away from truth... the very assertion of this believe means you missed truth for at least however long it took to say it)

"your assertions are empty".... sounds like unknowing to me...

I prefer to say disillusionment, but ok.

You are the source of knowing, but yourself cannot be known.

What value is there in any of the information appearing for you?

None of it changes what you are.

Again Thomas, you see it as a negative picture...
It wasn't about religion, it was about your frame of reference in discussion of the deity, that's all.

It seems to me that your comments here are shaped more by your negative opinion of others (the OT, Evangelicals, mythmakers etc.,) than by any positive example set.

...hell the Evangelicals ...
See?

Don't quote me out of context to attempt to prove your perception...what i said was
.hell the Evangelicals here in the US said New Orleans was hit because of all the sin.
Are you denying the truth in what I said? are you saying this didn't happen?

It wasn't about religion, it was about your frame of reference in discussion of the deity, that's all.

It seems to me that your comments here are shaped more by your negative opinion of others (the OT, Evangelicals, mythmakers etc.,) than by any positive example set.

See?
I don't have a negative view of the OT or the mythmakers in the OT...i see incredible value in it and I'll repeat...the bible is my go to book for spiritual contemplation...it is my major source of inspiration....but surely there are others....

Evangelicals....my bad...I do have issues with those that tell folks they are going to hell, that believe man and dinos walked the earth together, that Darwin said man descended from apes, that the world is less than 10k old and believe genesis as a historical fact... I believe their activism in state and local elections and school boards is bringing our nation down in regards to science education, literacy, thinking for ourselves and in the eyes of the world.

yup... you got that one right.

I'm not sure how anything you've said relates to reality at all.

It doesn't relate to reality, it points at what is real.

Everyones reality is different because we all project this and that onto it.

Finding what is real collapses this false house and reveals something pure.

I am not interested in peoples illusions because that is all divisive.

True love is there only in seeing the real.

I wonder if you feel you are a positive example of Christianity?

We can always tell something is an illusion because it will bring great disagreement.

It is always an opinion, and as such varies from person to person.

We pretend that a Christ, a Krishna, a Buddha knows something we do not. In reality they are only trying to bring us to something true, it is not that they know something you do not, it is that they've found the source of all that appears. Now they are willing to use anything to bring you to this, they will use your beliefs to bring you out of believing and into truth.

It is why they speak on some past tradition, always the tradition of those around them, because it is not useful to speak in a language they can't understand. Yet, constantly, they are nudging them away from the tradition and closer to truth.

Of course the irony is that their words, after many generations, become the new traditions. Now their words are treated the same way as those they are trying to bring you away from.

I prefer pointing at Buddha for the simple reason that you can still find in him a certain purity, he is still clearly trying to bring you out of your illusions. He is easier to point at than a Lao Tzu because a mind looking at Lao Tzu will simply be confused, everything he says is an utter paradox. The same paradox is there with Buddha, but he is at least more practical.

Krishna, Shiva, Nanak, Muhammad, Jesus, Moses, so many have brought man into worshipping, and this is poisonous because deeply within the act of worship you are making yourself unworthy, you are humiliating yourself. Worse than this, there is the danger you will identify with the worshipper, and this makes it almost impossible to see the worshipped in yourself. The mystical paths are all fundamentally trying to bring the worshipper and worshipped together, the lover and beloved merging so that only love remains. Of course this is also a deep paradox, object and subject are no more two.

The greatest crimes are in those texts which insist any paradox, any apparent contradiction, is showing this person is false. A holistic man will always contradict because he is in tune with the whole, and all is included in the whole. This is why it is so difficult for an authentic man to speak, he can see as he opens his mouth that whatever comes will be only half right. He has to choose what is most needed for you to hear, using a thorn to remove another thorn, and the danger is that you will hold onto the new thorn when you were supposed to throw both away.

The whole purpose of such a man in addressing us is for us to drop our so called knowledge, our beliefs about the way things are, and to bring us to a point of authentic seeing. When truth is revealed, it is not that you gain new knowledge, it is not that something is added to you, it is that the you falls away. This you is replaced with pure love, a deep union with existence, a joy and a bliss about all that occurs. Sadness can be there, anger, whatever, and yet beneath this there remains love. All that appears is loved because it is all a confirmation of life, and you are life.

Of course, when I say love, most will think of the love between couples, it is closer to the love between family members, it is more compassion than passion. It is more calm, more tranquil, a deep ease about life.

All illusions inevitably cause dis-ease, for eventually they are disputed, and you will need to defend.

The very need to defend shows they are not true.

Truth cannot be disputed, there is no need to defend.

If a man argues the grass is pink, you will not defend the greenness of the grass, you will simply laugh.

Truth is self-evident.

Me thinks you hold the record to responding to your own posts...

but i am glad that I now know your posts are an illusion...as they cause great consternation it appears.

but i am glad that I now know your posts are an illusion...as they cause great consternation it appears.

All words are illusions, you have not understood what is intended by the thorn removing another thorn. I am saying exactly that the illusions I am sharing are there to remove the illusions you are clinging to. It doesn't mean you should believe my words, on the contrary, they are complete nonsense when compared to truth. My words are only there to show the absurdity of your words, then in seeing this, perhaps you will come to silence.

When the mind finally realizes it cannot find the answer, it stops cycling through its programming. In this stopping, suddenly you are thrusted into a clear seeing. All the projections of the mind drop with the mind, and truth is seen. Every imagining of the mind falls, all illusions cease.

It is absolutely futile to say something about what remains though, what truth is. Even if something is said which is absolutely accurate, they will not be understood correctly by anyone that hasn't known. Eventually you just drop all attempts to say something about it because it is all absolute nonsense. You see clearly that the only way someone can understand is if they experience it themselves, then there is no need to say something about it anyway.

Never trust someone that is so certain about what truth actually is, especially when they go on quoting words of others they have taken to know truth. The very dependence on quotes only shows it is not authentically their experience.

Further, in my experience, every quote will only bring more disputation, for each will interpret them completely differently. Whatsoever you see in the words will not be seen by another, and is almost certainly never the authors intent. Better is to find out for yourself, to know for yourself, but no knowledge is gained through this, just a clarity, a wisdom.

Wisdom is never related to knowledge, it is never the result of gathering information.

It is intelligence itself responding to what is present.

What we take to be intellectual people are just people responding from the past, it is nothing more than a display of their programming. Where is the dignity in this? It is just as though they are a robot, there is nothing authentically alive. This is the problem with saints though, they are completely dead, everything they do is because of something in a scripture. They have not trusted themselves even enough to love, they are only acting as they think they should. It is not only saints though, it is not only religious people, society has its own dogmas, expectations we have about each other.

Man is deeply hurt by seeing someone authentic, someone not functioning from the same programming, so they will usually lash out. It is less dangerous to defend your position than see its fallacy.

Also, I am not responding to my own posts, I am continuing a thought.

They should not be taken as multiple posts, this site doesn't let you add to older posts though.

Consider though:

Words are only particular sequences of sounds we take to correlate to something existential.

This very correlation is an illusion.

The mind takes the sound to be the thing, yet in the process we move away from the thing and into the mind. This is why no words can ever be said about truth, but they can be used to create in you the conditions necessary for the mind to drop, for thoughts to cease, and for reality to be seen fresh.

To create the milieu needed for you to be reborn, if you will.

Of course, rebirth needs first a death.

The death is for the concept of you, what is then born is your true self.

"Whoever tries to keep their life will lose it, and whoever loses their life will preserve it."

The true self is eternal.

It is not that eternal life is given, you simply drop the appearance which is subject to time.

Surrender is always the key, it is the fundamental point of all religion.

Surrendering what is separate shows what is united.

This unique flowering is love.

donnann was also pretty good at this, but Lunitik has been her longer.

Lunitik, I would very much appreciate it if you A) were a bit more concise and structured you posts more, one post at a time is usually enough. And B) kept more strictly to the subject and opened your own threads when you want to discuss something. It will be easier to find what you have to say then. I have heard say the same things over and over I don't feel I need to read it several times in every thread here.

It's just a friendly request.

Back