"Personal relationship with God"

donnann was also pretty good at this, but Lunitik has been her longer.

Lunitik, I would very much appreciate it if you A) were a bit more concise and structured you posts more, one post at a time is usually enough. And B) kept more strictly to the subject and opened your own threads when you want to discuss something. It will be easier to find what you have to say then. I have heard say the same things over and over I don't feel I need to read it several times in every thread here.

It's just a friendly request.

If my posts are more structured, you will think I have something in particular to say, THAT is what I wish to avoid.

Also, this is a thread I started, surely the topic is whatever I make it.

If you don't like the thread, don't post in it.

If you don't like my posts, block me.

If you are an admin, ban me.

It is strange how we want to change the other instead of looking at ourselves.

donnann was also pretty good at this, but Lunitik has been her longer.

Lunitik, I would very much appreciate it if you A) were a bit more concise and structured you posts more, one post at a time is usually enough. And B) kept more strictly to the subject and opened your own threads when you want to discuss something. It will be easier to find what you have to say then. I have heard say the same things over and over I don't feel I need to read it several times in every thread here.

It's just a friendly request.

is nutlik back then ?

If my posts are more structured, you will think I have something in particular to say, THAT is what I wish to avoid.

Also, this is a thread I started, surely the topic is whatever I make it.

If you don't like the thread, don't post in it.

If you don't like my posts, block me.

If you are an admin, ban me.

It is strange how we want to change the other instead of looking at ourselves.

I meant all the other threads you flood of course. Ban or block you? I'm just asking you as nicely as I can to not post five posts in a row, if you don't want to, don't, I'm just ASKING you. If you don't like my post, block me, if you're an admin, ban me.

I meant all the other threads you flood of course. Ban or block you? I'm just asking you as nicely as I can to not post five posts in a row, if you don't want to, don't, I'm just ASKING you. If you don't like my post, block me, if you're an admin, ban me.

You ask me to conform to your whim, and you have the nerve to say this is friendly.

You do not know what friendship is, it permits the other absolute freedom.

I am sorry your feeble mind has nothing to contribute, that it cannot follow a thought beyond a single post. I am sorry it wants to cling to some idea about me, and cannot find one to define me by.

Kindly refrain from projecting this onto me though.

I share as I feel to share, I give this love complete freedom of expression because there is nothing to restrain it. If it wants to go on saying something for 100 posts in a row, I cannot stop it, only an ego would even try.

Killing love to comply with ego is criminal.

You ask me to conform to your whim, and you have the nerve to say this is friendly.

You do not know what friendship is, it permits the other absolute freedom.

I am sorry your feeble mind has nothing to contribute, that it cannot follow a thought beyond a single post. I am sorry it wants to cling to some idea about me, and cannot find one to define me by.

Kindly refrain from projecting this onto me though.

I share as I feel to share, I give this love complete freedom of expression because there is nothing to restrain it. If it wants to go on saying something for 100 posts in a row, I cannot stop it, only an ego would even try.

Killing love to comply with ego is criminal.
You've convinced me. I've been trying to see the benefit of reading your posts....trying to glean something of value from them.

This post has done it, it has provided me the insight to avoid them completely...let us hope I can.

Wil, Advaita Zen is an 'advaitist' like me and even stronger. So much so that my armaments cannot subdue him. He follows the philosophy of Ramana Maharshi. Is that right, Advaita Zen?

Your armaments cannot subdue him?

What armaments?

And if you agree with him why would you want to subdue?

and is he advaitist or neo-advaitist?

Wil, Advaita Zen is an 'advaitist' like me and even stronger. So much so that my armaments cannot subdue him. He follows the philosophy of Ramana Maharshi. Is that right, Advaita Zen?

I love Ramana, but to call his words a philosophy is to miss the point.

Many others have also been a great help though. Buddha has taken me to the other shore, and Sufi's have brought me to the bank. Advaita has provided many friends to show me around once I crossed, and Osho has taught me to celebrate here. All have been a great help along the way, yet it is my own experience which I talk on, my own seeing that I try to express. Without genuine experience, words are empty, and worse they provide us with a sense we know when we know nothing.

Be a light unto yourself, do not cling to any path, just see who thinks they are walking it.

Home is defined as the origination and destination.

You are ever home.

You ARE the home for all that appears.

Your armaments cannot subdue him?

What armaments?

And if you agree with him why would you want to subdue?

and is he advaitist or neo-advaitist?

No label is useful.

Labels are the whole problem, for they limit our perceptions.

With a label comes expectation.

There is no freedom when you expect.

Even in a name, you create a familiarity and label it "John".

Now, if John does something unexpected, you will say this is something out of character.

It was not expected of John.

You have limited him to your projection.

Yet, this is not nearly as dangerous as when we do it to ourselves.

This is the ego, what we believe ourselves to be.

We will actually force ourselves to act a certain way based on our idea of ourselves.

We cannot be spontaneous, we gradually kill all vigor, aliveness.

We create a robot of ourselves, just a set of programmed responses.

We create a zombie.

:eek: I thought his name was German for "goodbye"!

Thanks, Aup. :)

{btw, I tried making tea Indian style-boiled. (Except I use almond milk instead of regular milk.) Decoction rocks! I may never go back to infusion! Thanks for the tip.}

:eek: I thought his name was German for "goodbye"!

That is "Auf Wiedersehen"

Germans like throwing in random letters.

It was purposeful that it sounds similar though...

Saying goodbye to all identification is the key to both Advaita Vedanta (seeing atman is brahman is to see through identifications) and Zen (anatta is key to nirvana, same thing)

It is what all the mystics point at though, the Sufis are interested in overcoming the personal self, the Yogis also want the same. These two point in a very similar way too:

Die, Yogi, die - points at the last identification with being a yogi.
Die before you die say the Sufis, exactly the same pointing.

Even the Gnostics are pointing at this by saying we must create a separation between the body and spirit, the whole point is that this is a principal identification to get beyond. The same is true of Kaballah, although I'm not sure these can really be separated. The Gnostics seem to have been around before Christ, and after rejecting Gnosticism the Christians have turned back to Kaballah. I would suggest Sufism is the most known stream of the same, though...

Tantra and Taoism are also trying to point at the same in various ways.

This is the whole alchemy of religion, dropping the separate self and realizing the organic whole.

They are similar in this because if you can let go of all clinging which has resulted in the fear of death, you are free from this fear. Seeing what you are before birth, knowing that is always the case, you are at ease - death cannot touch you.

Let us admit that all faith and religion is fundamentally founded on this fear.

Really, all rivers flow to the same ocean, the only differences are around the lives of those who find the ocean, the particular interpretations and labels used to describe it.

What they actually found is the same.

Truth can be only one, look for this with tunnel vision.

Do not get caught up in the pursuit, do not try to interpret what is read in light of self-improvement, that is not the point. To improve the self will only create more identification with it, you will be more happy with yourself, more prideful. It will only create even more anxiety about death, you will just cling more and so your suffering will be greater.

Find out from what vantage these words are spoken, what these people have known that has allowed them to speak this way. They are speaking from your own true position, in this place you are not other than them.

Death is certain, why continue avoiding?

Do not permit any illusion to mask this fact.

Find out what dies, for it cannot be saved.

That which does not die does not need to be saved.

Find this out.

First accept that truth is not what you want it to be.

Make truth itself the priority, not your ego.

Ego wants to categorize and divide, do not permit it.

Love sees what is the same.

Back