Grave Yard or Dumpster

Wil said:
I've forgotten tons of nude hippie experiences..in the 60's, 70's and 80's....music prior to disco and punk..those were the years...fashion? Someone cares about fashion?
I'd say I was jealous, but I don't believe The 60's really exists. Its just something someone imagined.

I'd say I was jealous, but I don't believe The 60's really exists. Its just something someone imagined.

The 80s were better in my honest opinion but to each their own. During my younger days I found the street urchin look much more sexy than the hippie look. Like I said though I was in my twenties during the 80s so I might be a little bit biased.

The 80's saw the reintroduction of leg warmers and giant pacifiers for grownups. I'd say things were significantly better for people everywhere after that. My favorite part of the 80's was burning dumpsters full of back-masked devil worshiper rock'n roll. You know, the Beatles and Beach Boys, Kiss and uh probably U2. How the neighbors did complain about the smell!

The 80's saw the reintroduction of leg warmers and giant pacifiers for grownups. I'd say things were significantly better for people everywhere after that. My favorite part of the 80's was burning dumpsters full of back-masked devil worshiper rock'n roll. You know, the Beatles and Beach Boys, Kiss and uh probably U2. How the neighbors did complain about the smell!

Aye, I remember that. I was a regular party animal back then doing crazy stuff, I'm totally different now. You didn't think it was a cool decade?

Dookie Marcus said:
Aye, I remember that. I was a regular party animal back then doing crazy stuff, I'm totally different now. You didn't think it was a cool decade?
Oh, there's never been one like and never will be again. Definitely it was the coolest decade in the USA, ever.

So, the thread devolves into vapid testimonials about the 80's. This can only lend weight to the 'Dumpster' side of the Grave Yard - Dumpster dichotomy.

This place is a Graveyard cause no one shows up and its also a dump! That's the reason why no one shows up! Hows that for a philosophy?

Dookie said:
Hmm.... I smell a trollish troll that trolls....
...that trolls prefer not to deal with?

This place is a Graveyard cause no one shows up and its also a dump! That's the reason why no one shows up! Hows that for a philosophy?
You're just trying to depress the stock, so you can buy it yourself. It won't work.

So, the thread devolves into vapid testimonials about the 80's. This can only lend weight to the 'Dumpster' side of the Grave Yard - Dumpster dichotomy.

At the risk of repeating myself, I respectfully disagree.

What interfaith this forum reminds me most of his a friendly neighborhood bar or coffee shop.

I know the regulars, we've had great conversations over the years. It is great to hear their viewpoints and get further clarification/understanding of what they believe and why.

I know who I want to sit next to, who I want to be in earshot of, who I just nod acknowledgement to, and who I prefer to avoid.

Every now and then someone we haven't seen in a while comes in, and it is great to connect again. Every now and then someone brings up someone we haven't seen in a long time, or one of our old friends that has passed on.

There are new folks, that come in occasionally, shake some stuff up, some of them stay, most move on.

Occasionally I go to other coffee shops....but they have their cliques, they are loud and overly busy. I don't get the same service and the waiters don't know what I like...I come back here, sit on the couch, put my feet up and sigh in satisfaction.

Yes there is a graveyard, and it has some wonderful souls that I have loved dearly and miss muchly, I'll gladly raise a glass to them and take a gander at their posts occasionally...and smile as to how they have influenced me from before and since they went to the other side of life.

And yes there is a dumpster, it is in the alley out back, filled with gurus and prophets, trolls and manipulators that we didn't have to toss out, they all eventually willingly climb in the with the other trash...here we each know where we belong.

Yes, interfaith is home, big hugz to all my friends, I appreciate you all, and look forward to our continued exploration. I've encountered half a dozen of you in the physical world...and look forward to meeting more before I move to that graveyard on the hill out back.
Oh my, looky there, it appears I did repeat myself.

...that trolls prefer not to deal with?

You're just trying to depress the stock, so you can buy it yourself. It won't work.

You couldn't be more wrong bub! This is honestly one of the most boring unoccupied forums I've seen...

I don't think I'll be coming on here that much...

You couldn't be more wrong bub! This is honestly one of the most boring unoccupied forums I've seen...

I don't think I'll be coming on here that much...

at the risk of repeating myself...

And yes there is a dumpster, it is in the alley out back, filled with gurus and prophets, trolls and manipulators that we didn't have to toss out, they all eventually willingly climb in the with the other trash...here we each know where we belong.

How will you know that you're actually done?

I've set a date three days from now, then I'm gone on the 11th. It just feels right but I am on tons of different forums so its alright, Time for me to move on to one of my others.

It takes a great forum form me to stay on it for a couple of years... This one doesn't cut it.

Back