What's For Dinner?

Pregnancy is a special time. Indulge in whatever she likes (and their is not much time left for the event), and even after the birth of your child. Why do you need to be in delivery room? Let the doctors and staff take care of it. This is not done in India, but I have nothing against it.
I have to be there for my wife because she wants me to be there and because I want to be there. The doctors will take care of the medical aspect. I'll be there to support her.

Getting back on track, I had penne alla vodka, decaffeinated Earl Gray tea, orange sherbet and medications.

:kitty: delegation had their choice of chicken and duck gooshy, beef and halibut gooshy or salmon and halibut gooshy, plus they had fresh Milwaukee tap water from their fountains. I think that I spoil them...

A doctored-up pizza Margherita (I added veggie pepperoni and veggie ham slices to it prior to baking,) diet ginger root beer and mixed berry salad along with my medications. I'm planning to try the St. Patty's Melt receipt for a change of pace later today.

The :kitty: delegation had crunchies and Milwaukee tap water (the water from their fountains) aka, their "usual".

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I already mentioned him, but he was born on the 19th. I forgot how much work newborns are, so he is definitely reminding me! Now my wife is happy to be eating sushi again, a big no-no for pregnant women. She can sneak in a glass of wine now and then too.
Just picture dealing with a kindle of baby :kitty:s all the same age!

Anyway, changing the subject, making a vegetarian salsa burger using pineapple chipotle salsa served in a whole wheat burger bun, a diet ginger root beer and a slice of strawberry cheesecake ice cream pie, finishing up with medications. :kitty: delegation noshed on chicken and duck shredded gooshy food along with Milwaukee tap water from their fountain.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had linguini with a vegetarian "Bolognese" sauce, decaffeinated Earl Grey tea w/ stevia to sweeten it, and fresh berries fruit cup along with my medications for "dessert", while the :kitty: delegation had crunchies and Milwaukee tap water in their fountain. I'll probably have leftovers for the rest of the weekend (not that I mind...)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

My wife is making homemade perogies for dinner. Our home cuisine usually consists of Mexican, Indian, Japanese, and Italian food. But my wife's perogies are an exception. They are usually stuffed with sauerkraut and mushrooms and topped with sour cream.

I had a soup-and-sandwich-supper (vegetarian vegetable soup along with a St. Patty Melt [grilled cheese with chopped kale, chopped collard greens, garlic and finely minced spring onions]) along with a nonalcoholic cocktail and my medications. :kitty: delegation had their usual.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Since it wasn't raining frozen sleet for a change, but instead there was sunlight inbetween dramatic cloud heaps, we had a big bowl of salad with veggies and beans and lettuce and olives all tossed together, and some crostini with vegan spread.

Almost like it isn't winter any more, up here in the mudflat marshes of the north.

I had a mac and cheese "muffin" along with decaffeinated Constant Comment tea and a serving of reduced carb homemade Muddy Buddies and my medications for dessert. The Trio had their crunchies along with Milwaukee tap water from their flower fountains.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had a mac and cheese "muffin" along with decaffeinated Constant Comment tea and a serving of reduced carb homemade Muddy Buddies and my medications for dessert. The Trio had their crunchies along with Milwaukee tap water from their flower fountains.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
What's a mac and cheese muffin?

I had split pea soup.

Probably mac n cheese crammed into a muffin tin and re-baked...
mmm.... things made of mac n cheese...
Yep. I kinda "stole" a recipe/"receipt" for a macaroni and cheese "cake" then I put the "cake" in muffin tins instead of a cake pan. I also omitted the sugar that was in the original (reduce the carbs as much as possible so I can delay going on insulin [diabetes sucks].)

I must admit that allergies are worse sometimes...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Homemade, of course!

I'm fussy about good food. :)
I've made homemade split pea soup before because most, if not all, tinned split pea soup has trace amounts of ham (sends me to the hospital due to allergies to pork products.) The same goes for hopping john, which is a blackeyed peas-and-rice dish (tinned blackeyed peas usually has ham or porkbelly to flavour it.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I've made homemade split pea soup before because most, if not all, tinned split pea soup has trace amounts of ham (sends me to the hospital due to allergies to pork products.) The same goes for hopping john, which is a blackeyed peas-and-rice dish (tinned blackeyed peas usually has ham or porkbelly to flavour it.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
I'm a vegetarian(as is my husband and two of my three children), so I gotta make a lot of stuff myself so I can make it meat free.

Back