What's For Dinner?

I'm a vegetarian(as is my husband and two of my three children), so I gotta make a lot of stuff myself so I can make it meat free.
It has become a lot easier in the states to find veggie dishes, both in eateries and in stores as prepared food.

The issue with prepared food for me is all the other crap we put in. Especially when it comes to fake meats (which I have nearly no use for) just give me the veggies!

Getting back on the topic of dinners, I had :kitty: and puppy mac and white Cheddar, Milwaukee tap water, an apple and my medications The Kitty: delegation had crunchies, Milwaukee tap water from their fountains and a bit iof catnip.

Tomorrow, I'm going to check on an experiment that I'm doing involving fresh cucumbers/kosher salt and seasoned rice wine vinegar, with a veggie pepperoni-topped pizza Margerita as backup (in case the experiment fails.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Vegetarian "crab" cakes along with "turkey" hot dish (the "crab" cakes were "heat and eat", while the hot dish was from a recipe I came across/might've posted on this site.) I also had ginger seltzer water and medication for dessert.

:kitty: delegation had their usual.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Tonight, I had vegetarian Nashville hot "chicken"along with vegetarian vegetable soup, decaffeineated Earl Grey tea and my medications for dessert while the :kitty:s had their crunchies, Milwaukee tap water and chew sticks for "dessert".

Tomorrow, I'm making an experimental spagghetti-crusted pizza along with sugarfree apple cider (if the spagghetti pizza experiment works out, I'll post the "receipt" in Mystery for anyone interested...)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Tonight I had a vegetarian pad thai noodle bowl, Milwaukee tap water, a matcha mochi "nugget"and a peanut butter "candy" that I made using lower carb ingredients. The Trio had their usual with the addition of a catnip/matatabi blend.

Tomorrow, I'm planning on having cheese pizza snacks and more mochi before I fill my pantry.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Reactions: RJM
Don't know what my wife has prepared. Lunch was good with my radish 'parotta' (correctly 'paratha') with curd. Tasty, I like it.

I mostly eat rice and veg, with a pie or sausage roll, these days

It was "monj-bhatt" (kohlrabi and rice), a Kashmiri favorite and very light. Boil kohlrabi pieces and leaves with a little oil, salt and green chilies. One can leave the soup quite watery. Onion, garlic, turmeric are optional.

89387046_2470058629991056_3374758952125333504_n.jpg

It was "monj-bhatt" (kohlrabi and rice), a Kashmiri favorite and very light. Boil kohlrabi pieces and leaves with a little oil, salt and green chilies. One can leave the soup quite watery. Onion, garlic, turmeric are optional.

89387046_2470058629991056_3374758952125333504_n.jpg
That looks very nice. Yum!

I had a riced cauliflower stir fry (a little diced carrot, some English peas, a bit of scallions and some chopped mushrooms, all in an Asian-inspired sauce) and a few barbecue "wings" that I picked up from the local (to me) store, a diet ginger beer and medications for "dessert".

:kitty: delegation had their "usual"...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had a riced cauliflower stir fry (a little diced carrot, some English peas, a bit of scallions and some chopped mushrooms, all in an Asian-inspired sauce) and a few barbecue "wings" that I picked up from the local (to me) store, a diet ginger beer and medications for "dessert".

:kitty: delegation had their "usual"...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
Are you a vegetarian?

On my recent business trip, I gorged on favorite Berlin street foods... potato stuffed börek and gözleme, proper Berlin style falafel-in-a-giant-bun, vegan currywurst. Beer and papadam in an Indian style restaurant. It's nice to be a tourist once on a while.

Now I'm detoxing again, on my standard fare of beans&greens, tonight in the form of a tossed salad with some veggies and cannelini beans in it. And rye bread. And lemon water.

Reactions: RJM
I can't understand large buns. One has to open the mouth like SURASA of the Lord Hanuman's flight from India to Srilanka. Not decent.

"Hanuman counters her by challenging to open her mouth wide enough to eat him. He starts expanding his form and becoming larger; Surasa also expands her jaws so she can devour Hanuman. Finally when Surasa's mouth expands to a 100 yojanas (some 800 miles), Hanuman suddenly assumes a tiny form (size of a thumb) and enters her mouth and leaves it, before she can close it. Thus, Hanuman respects Surasa's vow as well as saves his life."
Surasa, daughter of Daksha, the father of all humanity, and one of the thirteen wives of sage Kashyapa, is considered the mother of 'Nagas' (serpents with hoods).

220px-Wat_Phra_Kaeo_mural_2008-09-06_%28001%29.jpg
250px-Hanuman_and_Surasa.jpg

That's the thing! It takes years of skill building to eat these things without making a total mess of oneself.

Those dürüm wraps which are becoming popular, are way to easy to eat.

Nono. If I want to be civilized about eating falafel, I'll have them off a plate. Otherwise, this is the right and proper way to serve them in Berlin:

1716010334126.jpeg

Hanuman was the patron of my school, back in the day in SE Asia. Nice of him to appear on this thread 🐒

Last edited:
I'm remaking what I had for lunch yesterday when I was treated to an interestesting salad. It was a bed of letuce topped with grilled chicken (here I used vegetarian chicken), fresh blueberries, chopped fresh avocado, sliced fresh red onions and honey mustard dressing/balsamic vinagarette (which I got from the place I went to yesterday.) I had some iced tea and tinned applesauce along with my medications.

The Trio had their usual.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back