What's For Dinner?

Leftovers (couldn't go to the store for reasons I'll post in the Daily Rant thread) along with oats and honey granola bars spread with a layer of peanut butter. I was lucky that I picked up a relatively large pie pumpkin before Sukkos

:kitty: delegation had their usual (not that they minded...)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Vegetarian blue corn tacos, vegetarian Spanish rice, sakura-flavoured sparkling water and reduced calorie flan for me; the usual for the :kitty: delegation

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Leftovers of a veganised version of cholent, without the meat but with extra beans&veggies. It turned out a lot like baked beans. Extra tasty after re-heating!

Black beans/tinned diced tomatoes/pasta along with sugarfree spiced cider, homemade peanut butter fudge and the usual medications for me, the ubiquitous crunchies and Milwaukee tap water for the :kitty: delegation.

The black bean concocction was a WiP, might tweak it some other time before posting the "receipt".

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

What's for dinner?

What else, leftover Turkey Burgers! 😋

100_9549.JPG

100_9550.JPG

A vegetarian "turkey" empenada along with a modified Tex-Mex vegetarian vegetable soup, my medications and a ginger root beer float for dessert. :kitty:s had their crunchies and water.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Veggie "ham"/veggie "pepperoni" slices on a pizza Margharita, flavoured seltzer and medications for "dessert"was my dinner, The :kitty:s had their crunchies and fresh Milwaukee tap water (as usual.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I made a giant eggplant parm in a bundt pan.

My new secret to easy eggplant is buying it already breaded and fried at 3 Brothers, then coming home and adding the cheese n sauce!

A WiP using veggie chicken, veggie ham, Swiss (a vegetarian chicken cordon bleu) which I baked instead of fried, decaf cinnamon green tea, a honeycrisp apple and medications. The Trio had Milwaukee tap water and their ubiquitous crunchies.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I finished something that @okieinexile might've liked/enjoyed (hoppin john) as well as other "luck" foods, washing them down with homemade diet lemonade. The :kitty: delegation had dry-packed tuna (I'm not sure if it was skipjack or albacore) along with Milwaukee tap water in their fountains.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I had leftovers from lunch (veggie white "chicken" chili, Caprese salad and cinnamon tea) along with my medications. The :kitty: delegation had tinned turkey and duck food along with ubiquitous Milwaukee tap water from their fountains.

I had to take an extra medication due to a dog going through the flat earlier in the day (pest control inspection that requires dogs.) The results will be in Rant.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Pumpkin stewed in onions, chili, garlic, thyme, and cilantro, with a helping of black-eyed beans and spinach in tomato sauce.

Very yummy and heart-warming Caribbean flavors, and much appreciated: outside, it's been raining for weeks, the rivers and streams are flooding, and the North Sea is being pushed up the dikes by the winds.

Pozole! My wife had a long day at work so I made her my version of the beloved Mexican stew. I roast tomatoes, garlic, onions, and chili peppers. Meanwhile I fry carne picada in a pan with garlic, jalapenos, and onions. When both mixtures are ready I combine them and add beef broth. Then I add lime juice, cilantro, hominy, cumin, and some chili powder. Since Pozole is basically a stew and salad together, I prepare chopped cucumber, onion, radishes, tortillas, cabbage, avocado, cilantro, and queso fresco. You just top it with those toppings and some Greek yogurt or sour cream and you're good to go! Perfect for a cold day.

Vegetarian pasta puttanesca, decaffeinated Constant Comment tea, hot cocoa-flavoured ice cream sandwich, mixed berries and mango fruit salad and medications for dessert.

:kitty: delegation had turkey and duck shreds along with Milwaukee tap water from their fountains.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Vegetarian vegitable soup with veggie "meat"balls, decaffeinated Earl Grey tea and fresh grapes for me, the "usual" for The Trio. I'll have leftovers tomorrow or I'll pick up a vegetarian pot pie from a nearby store...

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I made a grilled cheese and chopped spinach "burger" sandwich using an Irish Cheddar and whole wheat sandwich bread, decaffeinated Earl Grey tea and fresh fruit for me, and turkey/duck gooshy shreds along with Milwaukee tap water in their fountains for The Trio.

I might have more of the same tonight (after I pick up more coffee filters for my coffeemaker as well as more tins of gooshy food for The Trio.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Celebrating (United States) National Pizza Day with a pizza Margarita that I added a few veggie ham slices, decaffeinated Constant Comment tea and fresh fruit salad for dessert.

:kitty: delegation's having tinned food along with Milwaukee tap water from their fountains (as usual.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back