Senior Moments

You're looking at senior moments the wrong way. It's not about loss, instead, it is about reinvention. Us old dogs have much to offer with years of wisdom and experience. Don't be afraid to take risks especially now as a senior. Life is an adventure, and one must live to the fullest no matter what your age may be. As a matter of fact, I am 65 years old and Wednesday I am meeting my new scuba diving instructor and at that time I will get a medical release form for my doctor to authorize.

By far, learning how to scuba dive will one great achievement
Follow up on scuba diving. Two weeks ago I had a. televideo conference with primary physician for medical approval to scuba dive. Monday I must undergo a stress to make sure I am physically fit for scuba diving the doctor reminded me of my excess weight and not being overall good shape.

I am concerned about passing the stress test and curious about the outcome. Trying keep positive, and so I should be for trying.

As time goes by I find myself doing that more and more. Witticisms from dad I once rolled my eyes at, spewing out me own mouth!
Ad came on telly about folks becoming their parents and I immediately thought of this thread. Only in our house that old adage seems to have skipped a generation. Rather than becoming his old man, my son seems to be becoming his grandfather. More soft spoken than he, but got me dad's work ethic down pat. Well, better his than mine I suppose. -;)

Talk about your senior moments... hopped in the shower today with my glasses on! o_O

I had to "pay" The Trio extra because they kept me from drowning (I fell asleep in my bath!) At least I didn't leave the bath water running (I turn it off before it overflows by stepping in the tub before I start the water [unlike one of my upstairs neighbors].)

I require my glasses because I can't see otherwise. Hell, I wouldn't be able to do anything without my glasses (including finding my glasses!)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

I require my glasses because I can't see otherwise. Hell, I wouldn't be able to do anything without my glasses (including finding my glasses!)
I can get by without my glasses, even drive. Although I can't read the dash gauges. Eyeglasses are a tremendous asset, but quite a nuisance in the shower with the water running. Senior moment part of the equation was how long it took me to figure out what was wrong! :D

Next senior moment was spending an hour looking for my glasses that I'd left on the shower door rail! o_O

Taking great care in making a shopping list. Adding to it every time I think of something else. Printing it out before going to the store. Leaving it home anyway.

Thought for the day: At my age I have finally got it all together. But now I have no idea what I wanted it for.

I forgot about a recall due to listeria (the item was already removed from shelves, so everything was moot.) I also forgot about a couple of pans that I purchased (luckily I had brought them in already!)

What's ironic is that I can "switch" languages pretty much on the fly if I want to avoid someone giving me a hard time. Now I have to remember who gets an alternate language... :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Reactions: RJM
What's ironic is that I can "switch" languages pretty much on the fly if I want to avoid someone giving me a hard time. Now I have to remember who gets an alternate language... :oops:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Sometimes I realize I am speaking an alternate language to myself. I wish I understood it.

I'm a bit of a polyglot, so the languages that I use are ones that I've learned either in high school or college. I might start with a dialect of Spanish, then switch to a dialect of Japanese or Hebrew, then go with a dialect of Gaelic until I'm left alone. I've even started meowing to the local cats that I encounter (drives strangers :confused: to the point they leave me alone.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Reactions: RJM
Here's a senior moment for you: My wife's car has a floor shifter. On my car it's a small lever sticking out from the dash panel. We haven't owned a car with a column mounted shift since the early 90's. Ok, so there I am today driving the wife's car trying to change gears with the wiper stalk, all the way home from the gas station. o_O

I'm a bit of a polyglot, so the languages that I use are ones that I've learned either in high school or college. I might start with a dialect of Spanish, then switch to a dialect of Japanese or Hebrew, then go with a dialect of Gaelic until I'm left alone. I've even started meowing to the local cats that I encounter (drives strangers :confused: to the point they leave me alone.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine
You really are are a bit of a polyglot. Spanish ... ok, Cat ... to be expected from you ... but then also: Gaelic, Japanese, Hebrew ... :cool:

How many of us are like this?
2416497_300.jpg

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Back