Calling To Hajj Is Calling To Unity Of Power

Friend

In the Name of God
Reaction score
Al Hajj or pilgrimage in Islam

On the occasion of the time of Al Hajj in Islam
Prophet Ibrahim (PUH)called people to Hajj (in the Holy Qur'aan), to come and see the Islamic unity in the House of Monotheism, and to notice the assembly of dispersed powers in a single forum so as to realize the amazing advantages of Hajj, including self-purification, regulation of a sound socio-economic affairs, and consolidation of the pillars of supremacy across the world as a result of the assembly, unity, and circumambulation of the Sacred House.
Spiritual journey and affinity with God are some of the advantages of Hajj. The light of God’s guidance illuminates susceptible hearts, making them detached from the earth and attached to God. By putting on Ihram, saying Labbayk, circumambulating the House, offering sacrifice, and doing other acts of worship, man’s heart goes through a spiritual stage. Only does God know how many averted hearts have become fond of Him in this Sacred House and how many misled men have become pious and heavenly thanks to the blessings of this holy place. The Holy Quran supports this by saying:

“(The Holy House is) blessed and a guidance for the nations. (3:96)”

The Quranic Verse “They will come to you on foot or every lean camel, coming from every remote path,” is response to the Quranic Verse, “And proclaim among men the pilgrimage,” indicating that the divine call which was spread throughout the world by Prophet Ibrahim (a.s) and then reaffirmed by the ordainment of the Holy Prophet of Islam (saw) left such impact on the Kaaba that it attracted susceptible men from the remotest corners of the world with its magnetic property.

During Hajj season, amazing activity occurs in the corners of the world and large crowd of people pour into Mecca by land, sea, and air, while there is no force, allurement, propaganda, or any other urging factors. People go through all hardships so as to come to visit the Kaaba with love and as soon as their eyes fall on the House of their Beloved, they start prostrating themselves and forgetting all hardships.
It is a result of Prophet Ibrahim’s supplication and God’s answering him:
“.. Therefore, make the hearts of some people yearn towards them... (the Holy Quraan; 14:37)”

When, carrying out God’s order, Prophet Ibrahim (a.s) brought his wife Hagar and the infant Ismaeel (Prophet Ishmael) to al-Hijaz desert and had to leave them alone there, raising his hands towards the sky, supplicated:

“O our Lord! Surely, I have settled a part of my offspring in a valley unproductive of fruit near They Sacred House, our Lord! That they may keep up prayer; therefore, make the hearts of some people yearn towards them and provide them with fruits; haply they may be grateful. (The Holy Quran; 14:37)

Man’s attraction to the House of God and forum of monotheism, on the one hand, and the great assembly of the ummah in a single place for performing a series of common religious acts, extremely inspiring in creating understanding and unity of thoughts, on the other, is a great heavenly asset bestowed on Muslims by God. Moral virtues, the power to fight atheism, and a spiritual way of living both in the world and the Hereafter, are some

God knows that the human society is in need for a single forum respected by all—a sanctuary where all people can join hands and hearts to solve problems and walk on the path to a happy life with the power of unity. Hence, he has made the Kaaba in such a strange place with sanctity. The same question is sufficient to make us understand that the philosophy behind whatever God has made and that He is the Knower of all things.

Visitation of the Sacred House does not benefit God, for He is above what we think of Him. Rather it is a grace from the Almighty God. By call to Hajj, God has made man distinct from animals.

One of the advantages of human beings is the virtue of gratitude to the Benefactor though this quality exists to some extent in certain animals but it is not a necessary quality in them. Yet man cannot possibly do without it unless he has lost his human nature as a result of indulging in carnal desires and lusts and has become an animal. In this connection, the Holy Quran says: “They are as cattle, nay, they are in worse errors; these are the heedless ones. (7:179)”

Evidently, not only do such bestial ones refuse to thank their benefactor but also they will deny Him

Islam is the religion of intellectual development of shedding the childish splendor of the world and of affinity with the Creator of the universe. Moreover, it is the propagator of equality between the poor and the rich, man and woman before the law of truth and justice. It is based on unity of faith, which is the strongest factor among human being.

Thanks to all

Re: Al Hajj or pilgrimage in Islam

Here is a question - are non-Muslims allowed to join with Muslims on the Hajj?

Hajj is a symbol of unity, because Hajj makes all people the same in their clothing, deeds, rituals, qiblah and the places they visit. So no one is better than anyone else, king or slave, rich or poor, are all the same.

So the people are equal in terms of rights and duties. They are equal in this sacred place, and differences in colour and nationality do not matter; no one has the right to differentiate between them.

Unity of feelings, unity of rituals.

Unity in purpose, unity in action.

Unity in words. “People come from Adam, and Adam came from dust. No Arab is superior to a non-Arab and no white man is superior to a black man, except in terms of piety (taqwa).”

More than two million Muslims all standing in one place, wearing the same clothes, sharing one aim, with one slogan, calling upon one Lord and following one Prophet… what unity can be greater than this..?

I said:
Here is a question - are non-Muslims allowed to join with Muslims on the Hajj?
Assalam-o-Alaikum,
I assume they would just like to watch. I dont know why they would want to do all that muslims do on the hajj. But anyway, non-muslims are not allowed by teh Saudi Government to even enter Makkah, so they cant even watch it. You will have to sit in front of the television in the comfort of your home for that.
Hope that answers your question.

It's very rare I watch TV these days. :)

I was under the impression that I would not be allowed anywhere near the actual rock, but that I'd be fine to camp out with the other pilgrims??

I said:
It's very rare I watch TV these days. :)

I was under the impression that I would not be allowed anywhere near the actual rock, but that I'd be fine to camp out with the other pilgrims??
Assalam-o-Alaikum Brian,
I assume you are talking about the black stone which is at one corner of the Kaa'bah. There is such a rush there all the time of the year anyway and in Hajj, there are over 2 million people in Makkah, so even most muslims cant get to it during the Hajj. And you wont be able to camp with the pilgrims either as all of them would be in Makkah and they do what they need to do in that city and you will not be allowed in the city limits as i explained before.
I guess you will have to make an exception on tv viewing:)

Maybe I'll visit Mecca some other time? :)

Or are non-Muslims *never* allowed to visit??

I said:

Assalam-o-Alaikum Brian,
What i explained about the restrictions put by the Saudi Government are permanent. Non-muslims are not allowed in Makkah at any time of the year.
If you want to try and slip through by covert means, you can try... thats another story:).
Hope that answers your question.

Thanks for that - much appreciated. :)

I, Brian,,You are more welcome ;)

We Muslims now at (at these days) AlHajj days
we hope to spread peace to all human beings

I pray for Allah to bless all

Hi Brian, this is actually an instruction in the Quran and the history is interesting.

O ye who believe! The idolaters only are unclean. So let them not come near the Inviolable Place of Worship after this their year. If ye fear poverty (from the loss of their merchandise) Allah shall preserve you of His bounty if He will. Lo! Allah is Knower, Wise. (9:28)

Every year for one month all the tribes from the Arabian Steppes and merchants from other areas would converge on Mecca for what we would call a trade fair (hajj). This is how Mecca became wealthy originally, as a trading post. There were strict rules, including no weapons were allowed to be carried in Mecca at the time, tribes could not fight each other and each pagan tribe would bring their "god" (a statue or symbol) to be placed in the kabba (the building where the black stone lies).

Hence the sentence "If ye fear poverty"because to exclude all non-Muslims from Mecca would mean this valuable source of income and trade would cease but it is Islam's most sacred place so must remain "untainted".

I can find no such instruction to bar non-Muslims from Medina but as it is the burial place of Prophet Mohamed (pbuh) I think it is fair to say out of respect for the Prophet Muslims would want to keep it as an untainted place also. Personally I wouldn't want to see it become a tourist attraction.

Richard Burton (for whom the actor who played "Lawrence of Arabia" took his stage-name; the original Burton was an explorer, linguist who translated the "1001 Nights", and a friend to Arabs somewhat in Lawrence's vein) went on hajj in 1854, passing himself off as a convert to Islam (perhaps even sincerely considering himself as such at the time).

"interesting"? but you don't still think it's OK? you think i would "taint" mecca?

Are you an "idolater" BB? If you are, then stay the hell out !! : P

If not, then blame the Saudi government for not allowing you in, even though the Quran doesn't say anything about keeping Jews, Christians or whoever. But our God has serious aversion to people who worship idols. (Although, if it were up to me, I'd ban everyone who watches "american idol" too, just for further ruining tv!!)

Interesting story: there was a HUGE hostage crises in Mecca some time ago and the Saudi Government called in the French GIGN as advisors, cuz they are the BEST in these situations. But even their operators had to "convert" before being allowed in the premises, lolz... how retarded is that? "Hey please come and save our asses, but before you do, you must convert 2 our religion!!!" Idiots...

Interesting story: there was a hostage crises in Mecca some time ago and the Saudi Government called in the French GIGN as advisors, cuz they are the best in these situations. But even their soldiers had to "convert" before being allowed in the premesis, lolz... how retarded is that? "Hey please come and save our *****, but before you do, you must convert 2 our religion!!!" Idiots...

السلام عليكم

I regret to inform you that your comments are full of hate, ignorance, and jealousy. The Saudi kingdom is a blessed government which is safeguarding and maintaining the two holiest shrines of our Religion, i.e. the Sacred Mosque of Makkah, and the Prophet's Mosque in Madeenah.

Unfortunately, in 1979, some renegades and trouble-makers hijacked our holiest Mosque in Makkah, the foundations of which were laid down by the great Prophet Abraham عليه السلام. They brought automatic weapons into the Sacred Mosque, violating its sanctity, and took all the pilgrims hostage. They declared war against the Saudi government, and worst of all, they declared an impostor to be the promised Mahdee.

But by the Grace of Allaah, they were defeated and received their just punishment.

Allaah commands in the Quraan:

يَا أَيُّهَا الَّذِينَ آمَنُواْ أَطِيعُواْ اللّهَ وَأَطِيعُواْ الرَّسُولَ وَأُوْلِي الأَمْرِ مِنكُمْ
O you who believe! Obey Allaah, and obey the Messenger, and those who have authority from among you. [Surah 4:59]

The renegades who rebelled against the Saudi government violated this fundamental command of the Holy Quraan to obey and respect the authority of the Muslim government and rulers.

السلام عليكم

walaikum asalam

I regret to inform you that your comments are full of hate, ignorance, and jealousy.
Did I say anything that contradicts known facts? If not, then how can they be ignorant?

As for "hate" and "jealousy." I don't care enough to be either.

The Saudi kingdom is a blessed government...

The same Saudi family which sided with the British side against their Muslim brothers (Ottomans)?

The same Saudi family which sided with the British side against their Muslim brothers (Ottomans)?

This is why I previously mentioned that your comments give away your ignorance, at least in these matters.

The Saudi family never sided with the British against the Ottomans. The Arab Revolt during World War I was a war between the Turks and the Hashemite Arabs, who are presently ruling Jordan (have nothing to do with Saudi Arabia).

Please go learn the real history, before you criticize the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia based on lies or ignorance.

Also, for your information, the Ottoman Turks may have been Muslim, but they were the most corrupt and deviated Muslims, and that is why ultimately they lost their power, alhamdulillaah for that!

Please go learn the real history, before you criticize the Kingdom of Saudi Arabia based on lies or ignorance.

History is about learning about the many different perspectives of the groups of interest. I have for most of my life (when I've been aware of the existence of the Saudi kingdom) had a negative view of Saudi Arabia. But having read what you posted, I am also aware that some may view the Saudi kingdom in a positive manner, that they stand for something noble, for some of the most important issues in Islam.

While not being Muslim myself, I see most of religion as just a collection of factions each believing they have an important cause to follow. Every religion has its factions and each faction has its biases. What I admire is when people are passionate enough about a religion to have a strong opinion about how its best ideals should be realised and/or implemented.

It is exciting to have an opinion, to believe in your opinion, to believe it is important and to argue with and oppose those who do not think as you do.

I consider Judaism, Christianity and Islam to be three much larger factions who for historical reasons cannot agree on what "path" to follow to find God. None of them are completely right, nor completely wrong. The attitudes I most agree with are those that recognise that everybody has a reason to think and believe what they do as influenced by their own life experiences.

It doesn't mean I agree with them. I simply recognise that to be fair I must accept that they have a reason for their views. I (often) take pleasure in arguing with people, promoting my own views and opposing that of others.

Muslimwoman,

I, too, question the idea of 'tainting.' I remember when Pope John-Paul II died and members of the American presidentialial cabinet attended the Pope's funeral. Do you feel the Pope's funeral was 'tainted' by these non-Catholics attending the funeral? In what way was the Pope 'tainted'?

Back