End Goals of Your Faith?

Scientists are tricksters, I warn you. They may say words like "spin" and "frequency", but when talking about quantum mechanics, they don't mean little clock hands or pendulums. Neither do they attribute sexual kinks to particles when they talk about "top" or "bottom", those are simply two more dimensions used in the equations.
:)

The two-slit experiment observer is an electron counter or a camera of some sort -- it could in principle be a bit of wood -- it is not a mental observer in the human conscious sense of it ...

The two-slit experiment observer is an electronic counter or a camera of some sort -- it could in principle be a bit of wood -- it is not a mental observer in the human conscious sense of it ...
What are we talking about now?

What are we talking about now?
It went before? Quantum theory is often used to try to justify some sorts of spiritual theories, but the best advice is just to drop it. It's very specific and it just doesn't fly well beyond its particular quantum application, imo

It went before? Quantum theory is often used to try to justify some sorts of spiritual theories, but the best advice is just to drop it. It's very specific and it just doesn't fly well beyond its particular quantum application, imo
I have no problem dropping it, I thought we did already? I'm not a Quantum Physicist anyway, but I do have a BSc in Neurotheology, and I stayed at a Holiday Inn! :D

Quantum physicists discovered that physical atoms are made up of vortices of energy that are constantly spinning and vibrating. Matter, at its tiniest observable level, is energy, and >human consciousness is connected to it<, human consciousness can influence its behavior and even re-structure it.

The revelation that the universe is not an assembly of physical parts, but instead comes from an entanglement of immaterial energy waves stems from the work of Albert Einstein, Max Planck, and Werner Heisenberg, amongst others. The quantum double slit experiment is a great example of how consciousness and our physical material world are intertwined. One potential revelation of this experience is that “the observer creates the reality.”I've not read anything where the instruments used were at fault.

The study found that factors associated with consciousness significantly correlated in predicted ways with perturbations in the double-slit interference pattern. My LHP Belief is that there is an Isolate Consciousness not part of our Objective Universe, and it is this Consciousness that has deliberated our superiority among the rest of the species, which for the most part are at a standstill as far as evolution goes.

I stand corrected implying you were talking about ONA, thanks!

Well, interference from measurement IS what the double-slit experiment shows, as I learned in my quantum mechanics class.

As for the energy bit, I'm not sure you understand what energy is. Our body consumes energy, mostly in the form of calories, in order to do work like moving our arms or legs. Again, nothing mystical. It does sort of mean that our consciousness affects reality, but that's through our nervous system. It doesn't mean we warp reality on a quantum level just by looking at it. That's such a horrific misunderstanding of science that I have no idea where you're getting it from. Deepak Chopra?

I'm not sure you understand what energy is
Should that not read: I'm not sure anyone understands what energy is? It's not some excess detritus of measurement. It's unknowable. Science doesn't own it?

Should that not read: I'm not sure anyone understands what energy is? It's not some excess detritus of measurement. It's unknowable. Science doesn't own it?

If it can be measured in Joules, then science has a lot to say about it.

Words have entire fields of meaning, and sometimes they flip to their opposite. A scientist will use the word "theory" to mean almost the exact opposite from what it means to the general public. Buddhist and Catholic Monks reverse the meanings of "meditation" and "contemplation" in their respective usage.

It took me a long time to accept that "energy" means a lot of things to many different people, and that most of those meanings are not equivalent to "amount of mechanical work".

Well, interference from measurement IS what the double-slit experiment shows, as I learned in my quantum mechanics class.

As for the energy bit, I'm not sure you understand what energy is. Our body consumes energy, mostly in the form of calories, in order to do work like moving our arms or legs. Again, nothing mystical. It does sort of mean that our consciousness affects reality, but that's through our nervous system. It doesn't mean we warp reality on a quantum level just by looking at it. That's such a horrific misunderstanding of science that I have no idea where you're getting it from. Deepak Chopra?
It's more like the brain affects your nervous system, your brain is not your consciousness. The only horror here is your inability to comprehend what is being written.

It's more like the brain affects your nervous system, your brain is not your consciousness. The only horror here is your inability to comprehend what is being written.
But the brain is a very important ingredient of consciousness. Change brain chemistry, and consciousness changes. Interfere with the oxygen supply of the brain, and consciousness flickers.

If it can be measured in Joules, then science has a lot to say about it.

Words have entire fields of meaning, and sometimes they flip to their opposite. A scientist will use the word "theory" to mean almost the exact opposite from what it means to the general public. Buddhist and Catholic Monks reverse the meanings of "meditation" and "contemplation" in their respective usage.

It took me a long time to accept that "energy" means a lot of things to many different people, and that most of those meanings are not equivalent to "amount of mechanical work".
When I speak of 'energy' I am usually referring to Subtle Energy, a force that is not measurable or has not been measured in the objective universe.

But the brain is a very important ingredient of consciousness. Change brain chemistry, and consciousness changes. Interfere with the oxygen supply of the brain, and consciousness flickers.
When I speak of Consciousness I'm talking about an Isolate Consciousness, a Soul/Psyche. Not being consciously aware or unconscious.

When I speak of Consciousness I'm talking about an Isolate Consciousness, a Soul/Psyche. Not being consciously aware or unconscious.

So you aren't talking about consciousness at all, but the soul. And it's my fault that I misunderstand you?

This is especially egregious when you're portraying science as agreeing with you on what "consciousness" is and its separation from the body, while quoting them talking about the other form of consciousness that means "wakeful metacognition" to make this point.

I'm just trying to correct your misinformation. I don't care if you believe in a soul and talk about that, but I do care if you inaccurately portray other people as sharing your belief when they're absent and unable to correct you.

So you aren't talking about consciousness at all, but the soul. And it's my fault that I misunderstand you?

This is especially egregious when you're portraying science as agreeing with you on what "consciousness" is and its separation from the body, while quoting them talking about the other form of consciousness that means "wakeful metacognition" to make this point.

I'm just trying to correct your misinformation. I don't care if you believe in a soul and talk about that, but I do care if you inaccurately portray other people as sharing your belief when they're absent and unable to correct you.
I have no problem with anyone else's Beliefs as long as they don't proselytize them directly to me.

When anyone is talking about Spiritual stuff I think it's obvious what we are referring to. For instance, if we are discussing Subtle Energy then I expect the topic to be talked about from a non-physical stance, but if I know of some physical science to evidence my stance I will attempt to include it. I don't think that is unreasonable.

If, and I will, attempt to incorporate physical sciences towards evidence for my conclusions, those statements are up for debate and discussion. As we all should know physical science has a difficult time explaining occult science, but we are both making progress.

I am interested in knowing what your religion/faith's End Goal is in regards to your physical demise (Death)?
I am an adherent of the Left Hand Path and my belief lies in the transference of my conscious awareness to my Greater Self/GodSelf and the individual Subjective Reality I am creating. For us, this is the form of Self-Deification spoken about with LHP Adherents.

What are your Beliefs?

I believe we are all energy insofar when we die we can still communicate with people's energy (and thereby personality maybe-lack of better words) after death. I don't believe there's an end state. We do die, lights out. I'm not sure the nature of the deceased in how they communicate just that they do.

Maybe the end state is when we no longer remember our loved ones...but then again people experience signs without even knowing until it happens.

I don't know. I don't believe deities exist and things like heaven are far off my radar to be even 1% fact. I don't fret about where we go after death (not something I've thought of). Life after life, maybe. Dead as a door nail. Whatever brings comfort, I guess.

Back