Astrology!

iBrian

Peace, Love and Unity
Veteran Member
Reaction score
I was going to start a thread simply asking about horoscopes - just a general chatty thread.

But then I remembered that I had once been given an old astrology program. It's cheesy and the interpretations aren't very good - but it did show a chart graphic for the planetary alignment. :)

I'm not going to pretend to give readings - but I thought people may like seeing a chart of their planetary alignments at their birth, according to the popular astrological charts.

If you'd like a simply chart graphic, here are the details I need:
- Country,
- Place Name (if not on the chart database, I'll have to use either nearest town/city, or State/county)
- date of birth
- time of birth (local time)

(And, again - I'm afraid I can give no interpretations - not my speciality, and too time consuming for the moment to even try.)

Anyway, here's mine:
Leo, Libra rising:

astrology_brian.jpg

This is so frustrating for me!!... I don't even know the exact date of my birth, nor the place, either!!...(I was adopted, my biological parents handed me over to my parents at a catholic church. I always thought I had been born on Jul 16th, as listed on my birth certificate...but, when my grandmother died, she told me she couldn't quite remember whether I had arrived at home on the 16th or the 19th...and that the Doctor had said I was about 3 days old...so, I don't know if I was born on the 13th and taken home on the 16th or born on the 16th and taken home on the 19th!!...) I was once told this happened because my soul was "old" enough to find its own answers without aid! ((sigh))

wow, it took 2 years to get a reply on this one Brian:(

I have a birth chart but can't quite read it yet. It seems very interesting. The little interpretation I did get was very accurate.

I'm a libra, which actually makes sense to me because it seems I am forever weighing things and finally taking a firm stand...in the middle!

But, inspired by the Cancerians thread in Spirituality, I looked up some famous librans and found:

Mohandas Ghandi, known as Mahatma, (great soul), typified the Libran quest for finding harmony in a world of polarised extremes. Not only is his Sun in Libra, but the Moon on the square of the Venus/Mars - Jupiter/Pluto opposition depicts an image of finely held balance which only absolute focus will preserve. Ghandi's early life was filled with trial; he studied law in England but was ineffective in his early cases, and admitted to being an unfair husband who struggled to provide for his family. His 12th house Sun would suggest difficulties in expressing self-interests effectively, but Ghandi later found strength in ego-suppression as a spiritual philosophy. He was greatly affected by the teachings of the Bhagavad Gita, which advocated worldly detachment and renunciation. He took up vegetarianism and celibacy, despite the fact that he was a natural flirt and viewed sex as a constant temptation.

It was following a humiliating personal experience of racial inequality that he decided to make a stand and commit his life to fighting for his own rights and those of others through a policy of non-violence. With Uranus on the Midheaven, which is ruled by the Moon, he could easily connect to issues concerning social division and was capable of shaking the collective status quo. As the Midheaven ruler, the Moon and its involvement in that powerful T-square attracted great forces of support and opposition, and Ghandi underwent several periods of imprisonment and unfair hostile reaction which only served to highlight his cause.

The assignation of Ghandi (by a Hindu gunman, 1/30/1948, 5:41 pm, Delhi), shook the world, but assured his place in history as one of the great martyrs in the fight for social freedom and equality. Although the Sun appears weak and feeble in this chart, the Libran challenge of acting as an agent of equilibrium and justice, was fully expressed in his life.

peace,
lunamoth

lunamoth said:
I'm a libra, which actually makes sense to me because it seems I am forever weighing things and finally taking a firm stand...in the middle!

But, inspired by the Cancerians thread in Spirituality, I looked up some famous librans and found:

peace,
lunamoth
I'm one of two fish (or I guess I can be of two minds at once). Sometimes I wish I could cut that chord between the two tails, because that other sucker keeps trying to drag me down stream, when I want the colder water up stream. ;)

Let's see, there is Albert Einstein, Bruce Willis, Leonardo da Vinci (I think), Michealangelo...that's about all I know. Oh yeah, my mom, my son, and maybe Drew Barrymore.

v/r

Q

I used to mess around with astrology once upon a time.. It always interested me until I felt I had to put it away.

Im a Sagittarius Virgo rising

famous people.. Jim Morrison, Steven Speilberg, Rodney Dangerfield, Mark Twain, Harpo Marx, Lucky Luciano, Bruce Lee, John Laroquette, Tina Turner, Jimi Hendrix, Winston Churchill, Woody Allen, Bette Midler, Keith Richards...etc

Astrology is a very interesting subject. When I was a child, I told my religiously fanatical grandma that I wanted to be an astronomer. She told me that Jehovah was going to strike me down to hell if I ever thought that again. Maybe she was secretly fascinated with astrology.

Has anyone ever read Linda Goodman's stuff? I really enjoy how she explains the different signs and how she explains how couples of different signs get along. Her respectfulness for God, tastefulness, and tact can easily make you a believer that humankind is influenced by universe and eachother. I am a virgo - discriminative, in search of perfection (whatever I think that is), and in love with being in love; among other things.

Sorry, no idea where the software is now, so I can't set up quick iillustrative charts for anyone...

Astrology work's... It's just an other way God speaks to us just depends if your hearing :) But I wouldn't depend on Mystic Meg from the back of the Newspaper to tell you your future :D However God can come in anyway you like.

Astrology is interesting to me. I think there is something that connects us to our universe and perhaps we are one with it. I am not heavely involved and do not run my life by a simple Horoscope. But I do think it can somehow be used as a guideline or for info. I am a Taurus and Stubborn too. :)

I'm a capricorn ascendant (first face.) My sun (inner self) is in capricorn. My mercury (communication) is on the cusp of capricorn and sagitarius. My moon (nurtured, feel safe, at home) is in gemini. My venus (love, relationships) is is in sagitarius. My mars (actions, how I act) is a scorpio/libra cusp. Those are my inner planets.

Dauer

I was going to start a thread simply asking about horoscopes - just a general chatty thread.
general chatty?? Not the place to discuss 12 tribes, 12 children, 12 disciples (and a sun, I mean son) or numerology and 70x7, 40 years, 40 days.... Was 12 months and 12 hours accidents as well?

This is incredible stuff especially the way numerology and astrology are shunned by convention but enjoyed by so many... Is this topic really appropriate for Paganism or does it belong under Christianity along with the solstices, wreaths, crosses, christmas trees and idols?

oh and an aries...but you knew that.

namaste,

truthseeker said:
Astrology is a very interesting subject. When I was a child, I told my religiously fanatical grandma that I wanted to be an astronomer. She told me that Jehovah was going to strike me down to hell if I ever thought that again. Maybe she was secretly fascinated with astrology.

Has anyone ever read Linda Goodman's stuff? I really enjoy how she explains the different signs and how she explains how couples of different signs get along. Her respectfulness for God, tastefulness, and tact can easily make you a believer that humankind is influenced by universe and eachother. I am a virgo - discriminative, in search of perfection (whatever I think that is), and in love with being in love; among other things.

I am a virgo (though very near to leo at Aug 24th), libra rising. I feel your pain and I'm always glad to hear that I'm not the only critical, romantic, perfectionist. :D

I'm a Capricorn, and have always fitted my discription to a 'T' ;

"The Capricornian is one of the most stable and serious of the zodiacal types. These independent, rocklike characters have many sterling qualities, although admittedly some of these are as dull as they are worthy. This type is normally cautiously confident, strong willed and calm. Hardworking, unemotional, shrewd, practical, responsible, persevering they are capable of persisting for as long as is necessary they are reliable workers in almost any profession they undertake. But they are neither original nor creative and can only develop what others invent or initiate.Within their limits, however, they are resourceful, determined managers, setting themselves and others high standards.

Honest in their criticism of self, they respect discipline from above and demand it from those beneath them. In their slow, tough, stubborn, unyielding way they persist against boredom, frustration, and hardship to reach their objectives long after more brilliant and volatile subjects have given up. In fact when practical business ability allied with the drive of ambition and lust for power and wealth are required in employees to make a project succeed, Capricornians are the people to hire. They plan carefully to fulfill their ambitions (which often include becoming wealthy), are economical without meanness and able to achieve great results with minimum effort and expense. Because of their organizing ability they are able to work on several projects simultaneously.They love authority but may not be popular if they reach high rank, for, self-disciplined themselves, they expect their underlings to be equally so and to perform every task undertaken to the highest standard.

They are, nevertheless, fair as well as demanding. Among their equals they are not always the most pleasant of work fellows either, for they are reserved and too conservative, valuing tradition more than innovation, however valuable the latter, and they are often humorless. There is also a tendency to pessimism, melancholy and even surliness which many Capricornians are unable to keep to themselves, especially if they fail personally or do not achieve the corporate success which they had planned for their firms. They can spread gloom and tension in their circle which depresses everyone around them. In the extreme this trait can make them manic-depressive, ecstatic happiness alternating with the most wretched kind of misery for no reason that the subject of these emotions can name.The swings in mood are not the only reason Capricornians deserve the adjective based on their name - capricious.

They can be surprisingly and suddenly witty and subtle for the dull, prosaic creatures they seem to be, and they also have a tendency to ruin everything earned by their caution and shrewdness by unexpected and utterly irresponsible bouts of flippancy. In individuals in whom the characteristic is strong, the temptation to do this has to be resisted with iron self-control. Another unexpected quality in some Capricornians is an interest in the occult which persists in spite of their naturally skeptical turn of mind.Their intellects are sometimes very subtle. They think profoundly though with little originality, have good memories and an insatiable yet methodical desire for knowledge. They are rational, logical and clearheaded, have good concentration, delight in debate in which they can show off their cleverness by luring their adversaries into traps and confounding them with logic.In their personal relationships they are often ill-at-ease, if not downright unhappy.

They are self-centered, wary and suspicious of others, and in turn attract people who neither trust nor understand them. They prefer not to meddle with others nor to allow interference with themselves. Casual acquaintances they will treat with diplomacy, tact and, above all, reticence. They make few good friends but are intensely loyal to those they do make, and they are bitter, revengeful enemies. They sometimes dislike the opposite sex and test the waters of affection gingerly before judging the temperature right for marriage. Once married, however, they are faithful, though inclined to jealousy. Family life, if well ordered as they like it to be, more than balances the goatlike inclination to lechery and inconstancy which some old authorities have ascribed to Capricorns.Besides those already mentioned, faults to which the type is prone are over-conventionality, bigotry, selfishness, avarice and miserliness, chronic complaining, incessant unnecessary worrying, and severity spilling over into cruelty.

Their occupations can include most professions that have to do with maths or money and they are strongly attracted to music. They can be economists, financiers, bankers, speculators, contractors, managers and real estate brokers. They excel as bureaucrats, especially where projects demanding long-term planning and working are concerned, and their skill in debate and love of dialectic make them good politicians. They are excellent teachers, especially as principals of educational establishments where they have the authority to manage and organize without too much intimacy with the staff members. If working with their hands, they can become practical scientists, engineers, farmers and builders. The wit and flippancy which is characteristic of certain Capricornians may make some turn to entertainment as a career.

Thats me!!

Welcome to the messageboard, Amitola.

Just one reminder though that we discourage people just copying and pasting material from other sources as the bulk of a posting here, especially when that material is not your own work. We're much more interested in reading what you have to say! We also run the risk of violating copyright laws if we allow too much copying and pasting of other people's material, especially if it's unattributed.

If you want to mention a particular book or website you'd like to share with others here it's better to just mention the title and author or the web address and then give us a nice explanation of why you wanted to share it. Posts that are nothing more than just a post with a reference tend to get deleted as being spam.

; )

Ben Gruagach
moderator in "Paganism" section of Comparative-Religion.com

Amitola said:
I'm a Capricorn, and have always fitted my discription to a 'T' ;

"The Capricornian is one of the most stable and serious of the zodiacal types. These independent, rocklike characters have many sterling qualities, although admittedly some of these are as dull as they are worthy. This type is normally cautiously confident, strong willed and calm. Hardworking, unemotional, shrewd, practical, responsible, persevering they are capable of persisting for as long as is necessary they are reliable workers in almost any profession they undertake. But they are neither original nor creative and can only develop what others invent or initiate.Within their limits, however, they are resourceful, determined managers, setting themselves and others high standards.

Honest in their criticism of self, they respect discipline from above and demand it from those beneath them. In their slow, tough, stubborn, unyielding way they persist against boredom, frustration, and hardship to reach their objectives long after more brilliant and volatile subjects have given up. In fact when practical business ability allied with the drive of ambition and lust for power and wealth are required in employees to make a project succeed, Capricornians are the people to hire. They plan carefully to fulfill their ambitions (which often include becoming wealthy), are economical without meanness and able to achieve great results with minimum effort and expense. Because of their organizing ability they are able to work on several projects simultaneously.They love authority but may not be popular if they reach high rank, for, self-disciplined themselves, they expect their underlings to be equally so and to perform every task undertaken to the highest standard.

They are, nevertheless, fair as well as demanding. Among their equals they are not always the most pleasant of work fellows either, for they are reserved and too conservative, valuing tradition more than innovation, however valuable the latter, and they are often humorless. There is also a tendency to pessimism, melancholy and even surliness which many Capricornians are unable to keep to themselves, especially if they fail personally or do not achieve the corporate success which they had planned for their firms. They can spread gloom and tension in their circle which depresses everyone around them. In the extreme this trait can make them manic-depressive, ecstatic happiness alternating with the most wretched kind of misery for no reason that the subject of these emotions can name.The swings in mood are not the only reason Capricornians deserve the adjective based on their name - capricious.

They can be surprisingly and suddenly witty and subtle for the dull, prosaic creatures they seem to be, and they also have a tendency to ruin everything earned by their caution and shrewdness by unexpected and utterly irresponsible bouts of flippancy. In individuals in whom the characteristic is strong, the temptation to do this has to be resisted with iron self-control. Another unexpected quality in some Capricornians is an interest in the occult which persists in spite of their naturally skeptical turn of mind.Their intellects are sometimes very subtle. They think profoundly though with little originality, have good memories and an insatiable yet methodical desire for knowledge. They are rational, logical and clearheaded, have good concentration, delight in debate in which they can show off their cleverness by luring their adversaries into traps and confounding them with logic.In their personal relationships they are often ill-at-ease, if not downright unhappy.

They are self-centered, wary and suspicious of others, and in turn attract people who neither trust nor understand them. They prefer not to meddle with others nor to allow interference with themselves. Casual acquaintances they will treat with diplomacy, tact and, above all, reticence. They make few good friends but are intensely loyal to those they do make, and they are bitter, revengeful enemies. They sometimes dislike the opposite sex and test the waters of affection gingerly before judging the temperature right for marriage. Once married, however, they are faithful, though inclined to jealousy. Family life, if well ordered as they like it to be, more than balances the goatlike inclination to lechery and inconstancy which some old authorities have ascribed to Capricorns.Besides those already mentioned, faults to which the type is prone are over-conventionality, bigotry, selfishness, avarice and miserliness, chronic complaining, incessant unnecessary worrying, and severity spilling over into cruelty.

Their occupations can include most professions that have to do with maths or money and they are strongly attracted to music. They can be economists, financiers, bankers, speculators, contractors, managers and real estate brokers. They excel as bureaucrats, especially where projects demanding long-term planning and working are concerned, and their skill in debate and love of dialectic make them good politicians. They are excellent teachers, especially as principals of educational establishments where they have the authority to manage and organize without too much intimacy with the staff members. If working with their hands, they can become practical scientists, engineers, farmers and builders. The wit and flippancy which is characteristic of certain Capricornians may make some turn to entertainment as a career.

Thats me!!

Yup, sounds like my dad too... ;)

I too am a Capricarn. I just found out last year that my mom did a birth chart for me when I was 6. I read it and it gave me goosebumps, it was eerily accurate. One thing I do not identify with is the inclination towards business, to which Capricorns are frequently attributed. I'm in the health field and have a long career in human services. I can be extremely stubborn on some issues and have fierce determination when I am attracted or interested. My dad always said, "son, you're like a dog on a bone".

didymus said:
I too am a Capricarn. I just found out last year that my mom did a birth chart for me when I was 6. I read it and it gave me goosebumps, it was eerily accurate. One thing I do not identify with is the inclination towards business, to which Capricorns are frequently attributed. I'm in the health field and have a long career in human services. I can be extremely stubborn on some issues and have fierce determination when I am attracted or interested. My dad always said, "son, you're like a dog on a bone".

Don't fret none Didymus. I'm Picese. I'm supposed to be a sensitive artist (I'm an engineer in the military). I'm supposed to be rather flamboyant in dress and culture (I like my blue work dress drab uniform with steel toed boots over evrything else I wear). I'm supposed to hate authority as it comprimises my expressive tastes (I absolutely love order and regimen).

On the other hand, I'm supposed to garner loyalty (true), I'm supposed to think outside the box (true), I'm supposed to be fiercely loyal (true). And I'm supposed to be aloof (true).

I guess it depends on what time of day one is born as well...(what would have happened if I were born 12 hours earlier? I might be wearing plaid clown suits, and be the next "Bozo") :eek: ;)

Oh, and I'm not making fun of anyone...I am being very serious. I'm not all that I'm slated to be according to Astrology.

v/r

Q

Last edited:
Overall, I make a lousy Capricorn. Outside of liking order (and honestly, I haven't met too many people who genuinely love chaos, though they may be incapable of really getting organized) and the occasional debate (though I'm really more of a discussant, "can't we all just get along" mentality), I'm nowhere near the description. I guess I can be manic-depressive, but so can everyone- most people alternate between happiness and gloominess as a response to life and its alternations between good stuff and bad stuff.

I did fine in math but really dislike it. I don't like authority, generally appreciate tradition intellectually but march to my own drummer determinedly, and I have no interest in money or business, outside of being able to afford some books, my two horses, and art supplies. :)

Of course, people are quick to point out that, having been born in the morning of 12/22, I'm just as likely to be like a Sagittarius.

Back