Believers Sealed on the Forhead?

Amica

Reaction score
Hello/Peace.

I am curious to learn about the seal of the believers from Christians and Muslims.

A friend told me that the Christian prophecies mention that the believers the Christ will have a seal on their forhead. Is the seal going to be of a miraculous origin?

Being a Muslim myself, I know that God Almighty in the Qur'an says that the believers' faces and their forheads show their devotion to Him. I personally know that if a Muslim prays the way he/she should, a certain sign does form on their forheads (even non-islamic sources state this). I wonder about any other islamic sources who might help me find more about the seal of the believers in God.

What do Christians think of the way Muslims understand the sign of the believing? What do Muslims believe about Christian understanding in regards to the sign?

Do Jewish people have anything similar that they believe will distinguish/distinguishes believing Jews?

I personally believe all three religious groups have some kind of sign if they have belief in the Almighty, One and Only. I think that I've read in the Qur'an (maybe I am wrong people--Muslims, please correct if I mention something that is not correct, I will appreciate it since I am a new believer in Islam) that the children of Israel have a sign on their faces showing that they believe. Since Jesus Christ, pbuh, was the Messiah, a miracle to the mankind, perhaps the Christian sign of belief will show itself as a miracle. And Muslims are recongized by their submission and constant prayer of devoution, with face down in worship to the Almighty seals their forheads. This is just my thoughts :)
Peace.

Amica said:
Hello/Peace.

I am curious to learn about the seal of the believers from Christians and Muslims.

A friend told me that the Christian prophecies mention that the believers the Christ will have a seal on their forhead. Is the seal going to be of a miraculous origin?

Being a Muslim myself, I know that God Almighty in the Qur'an says that the believers' faces and their forheads show their devotion to Him. I personally know that if a Muslim prays the way he/she should, a certain sign does form on their forheads (even non-islamic sources state this). I wonder about any other islamic sources who might help me find more about the seal of the believers in God.

What do Christians think of the way Muslims understand the sign of the believing? What do Muslims believe about Christian understanding in regards to the sign?

Do Jewish people have anything similar that they believe will distinguish/distinguishes believing Jews?

I personally believe all three religious groups have some kind of sign if they have belief in the Almighty, One and Only. I think that I've read in the Qur'an (maybe I am wrong people--Muslims, please correct if I mention something that is not correct, I will appreciate it since I am a new believer in Islam) that the children of Israel have a sign on their faces showing that they believe. Since Jesus Christ, pbuh, was the Messiah, a miracle to the mankind, perhaps the Christian sign of belief will show itself as a miracle. And Muslims are recongized by their submission and constant prayer of devoution, with face down in worship to the Almighty seals their forheads. This is just my thoughts :)
Peace.
As far as i am aware the mark is symbolic
Mark in the Forehead. Bearing a mark in the "forehead" is similarly used in a figurative way in the Bible to signify that one is a slave to the true God or to another. i think slaves used to have an identifiing mark ,so that makes sense but it is not litral now

Assalamu alaikum,

I am a new Muslim member to this forum. First, am glad to see this kind of communication between the people of the book (Jews, Christians and Muslims).

Back on topic, up to my knowledge, the verse you mentioned talks about a particular "sign". It is a sign seen on the foreheads of many Muslims. Basically, it is some skin that dies because of frequent prayer and sujud (prostration). There is another kind of seal that Mohammed (pbuh) talked about which is one of the signs of the day of judgement. I dont know if you want to get into the details of that, but i hope that i answered your question.

Hi all,

There will be a seal/mark on the forhead of believers that says "believer) and a seal on the non-believer's that says "non-believer" before the day of judgement according to traditions (hadeeths) from the prophet Muhammad (S).

The verse you refer to in the Quran translates into:
"You know them by their forhead marks, a result of their prostration)
They touch their forhead to the ground at least 34 times a day (that is if they only do the required prayer...vast majority add double that to the count like 75+ times... say 5-10 seconds each time some people stay in prostrations way longer too...minutes... some even longer like our prophet (S) he was reported to stay in prostration the amount of time needed to read "the Cow" chapter = 50 pages) that's gotta be no-less than 30+ minutes if reading fast...

so when you see a muslim with a dark brown spot on his forhead, you know he's/she's been praying to God (a lot...! I've been praying for over 13 years now...no mark no nothing lol subhanallah)

Hope that answered your question.

Peace,
Iyad

so when you see a muslim with a dark brown spot on his forhead, you know he's/she's been praying to God (a lot...! I've been praying for over 13 years now...no mark no nothing lol subhanallah)
Just to point out brother that having a brown spot on the forehead may not mean someone is devout or religious. This can also be a mean for shaytan to divert them away from the true path. why? naturally if everyone thinks that having a brown spot on the forehead is a sign of piousness, then pride will set in his heart. That is the last thing we want as Muslim as it is one of the characters of syatan na uzubillah...

In my personal opinion it is a more subtle mark or the radiance of the person face. Personally, I don't hope for the brown spot as I fear for myself from being proud when someone referred me as pious.

Allah knows best...

just an alternative thought to add here .... there are two descriptions being discussed "a mark on the forehead" and "a mark in the forehead" .... this is important because there could in fact be both an external mark and an internal mark for true believers .... but in my view it is not connected with any particular religion and traditions, we are all the chosen ones when we walk the righteous path .... the path is both external (our every day life) and internal (an internal path) .... the mark in the forehead, I believe, is related to the pineal gland in the brain (situated beween the phsyical eyes and toward the back of the brain) which is also know as the third eye .... this gland releases certain chemicals that when activated property can lead us to visions and revelations, it opens our brains to another world and it is here that we are able to communicate with god face to face symbolically .... so one could say symbolically that believers are sealed on the forehead, or sealed in the forehead .... and mee, that was really interesting about the mark on the forehead of slaves because I never thought about the concept of being a slave to god as a symbol of the mark ....

another thought that I have on this subject is that the striking of the forehead on the ground (softly of course) could stimulate the pineal gland .... this is similar to the symbol in the story of david and goliath, when david uses his slingshot to hit goliath with a stone in the middle of the forehead .... it is a metaphor for the opening of the third eye (the pineal gland) .... and another word for the pineal gland is the "epiphysis cerebri" and the word "epiphysis" is related to "epiphany" or to have a vision ....and in the Book of Genesis, Jacob says "I have seen God face to face and I will call this place Peniel" .... so this place in the middle of the forehead is really important .... he hawai'i au, pohaikawahine

Quote from the Gospel : Jesus said : "When you pray don't do as hypocrites who like to pray standing in the synagogues and at crossroads, so that they can be seen by all. When you want to pray retire to your most isolated room, shut the door and pray to God." Mat 6:5

mansio said:
Quote from the Gospel : Jesus said : "When you pray don't do as hypocrites who like to pray standing in the synagogues and at crossroads, so that they can be seen by all. When you want to pray retire to your most isolated room, shut the door and pray to God." Mat 6:5
nice one ,

mansio said:

interesting I like this quote and I dislike this quote all at the same time ....

on one level it tells me that the place to pray in the most isolated room where you shut the door and pray to God is related to the inner sanctum in the brain which is the place that one must move their energy in order to have visions or revelations or to meet god face-to-face .... it is not about any particular religion's way of praying ....

on the level at which I dislike the quote, why would a biblical reference use the terms synagogues and at the crossroads and associate this with hypocrites .... it would have been better to have said that if you pray to have others think you are "good" and you don't act it out in your everyday life, then you will not know what prayer is .... people that pray together or alone, people that pray loudly or silently all have the same capacity to reach that isolated room where the door is shut .... you can reach the same place in a synagogue, in a church, in a temple, in a mosque or even at the crossroads .... he hawai'i au, pohaikawahine

At Jesus' time the religious establishment was Judaism which expressed itself in the synagoges.

Namaste,
pohaikawahine said:
on the level at which I dislike the quote, why would a biblical reference use the terms synagogues and at the crossroads and associate this with hypocrites .... it would have been better to have said that if you pray to have others think you are "good" and you don't act it out in your everyday life, then you will not know what prayer is .... people that pray together or alone, people that pray loudly or silently all have the same capacity to reach that isolated room where the door is shut .... you can reach the same place in a synagogue, in a church, in a temple, in a mosque or even at the crossroads
I think he is referring not to those who pray together in the synagogue or at the crossroads...but those who stand up....look see me, I am praying. Your other interpretation however is one of my favoirtes, as well. I like both interpretations, as I don't see it as wrong to pray in public, meerly wrong to think that makes you righteous, and one whose actions should be followed...this prayer thing is a personal thing, even in a group.

wil said:
Namaste, I think he is referring not to those who pray together in the synagogue or at the crossroads...but those who stand up....look see me, I am praying. Your other interpretation however is one of my favoirtes, as well. I like both interpretations, as I don't see it as wrong to pray in public, meerly wrong to think that makes you righteous, and one whose actions should be followed...this prayer thing is a personal thing, even in a group.

I think there are three kinds of prayer. community prayer (two or more gathered in His name for the common good), the prayer of a broken man, in the back of the church, and private prayer (in the secret recesses of one's room).

In scripture, God seems to favor the giving in secret and the praying in secret. Though prayer in numbers seems to pack a powerful punch, it has a specific purpose (namely, not for self).

I've also read or heard somewhere that when a wayward man, even begins, just begins to turn his eyes toward God in earnest, all of heaven stands stock still. So I guess there is a fourth type of prayer, the one where man askes if God is really there...

my thoughts

v/r

Q

Peace to all...

My opinion is that the believers true seal is in their heart. In one of the Hadiths, the Prophet Muhammad (s) said concerning the followers of the Dajjal (antichrist) will have a seal on their forehead, a word "kufr" in Arabic which means "the disbeliver".
It could either mean the followers of Dajjal really have a writing on their forehead, which can be seen physically...or it could mean that the followers of Dajjal is sealed on the forehead with the word "disbeliever" in a metaphorical sense. Either one it still points to the same disbelieving faith of the followers of the Dajjal.

The same concept applies to the believers. But then again, it is quite common when we heard a pious man/women, a true believer of God and a faithful servant has an "x-factor" look on their face as if their face radiates light just like the radiance on the face of a new born child. In the hadiths of Prophet Muhammad (s) it is know as the look of "nur" (light) on the face.
There are also some Hadiths which describes the "nur" look and figure of Jesus peace be upon him in the end of time when he comes down from heaven to save humanity from the Dajjal. I'll try to look in my references and share with you guys on this...InsyaAllah...God willing...

Peace...:)

I believe that the seal spoken of in the bible is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Eph 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

As to why it speaks of the forehead in Revelation, I dont know if thats going to be apparant to all or just to other believers.. its prophetic so I guess we'll find out.. :)

Peace to all....
as promised,

This is an extraction from the Hadiths regarding the coming of Isa Alaihissalam(Jesus) in the end of times to salvage mankind from the reign of Dajjal (antichrist). The Hadith describes the "seal" of Isa (as). I haven't look up in detail which Hadith was it actually as well as the narrator and its' category....any of you guys who has this info please inform me.

As before, through the medium of the Hadith, the event of Isa (Jesus - peace be upon him)’s return and all that follows has been accurately recorded. He will descend on Mount Afeeq, on the white Eastern Minaret of Damascus. He will descend from the heavens with his hands resting on the shoulders of two angels. His cheeks will be flat and his hair straight. When he lowers his head it will seem as if water is flowing from his hair, when he raises his head, it will appear as though his hair is beaded with silvery pearls.

To read the rest of the article, go to-à

- http://www.inter-islam.org/faith/dajjal.htm

Peace...

quote FS: I believe that the seal spoken of in the bible is the baptism of the Holy Spirit.

Eph 1:13 In Him you also trusted, after you heard the word of truth, the gospel of your salvation; in whom also, having believed, you were sealed with the Holy Spirit of promise,

Eph 4:30 And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, by whom you were sealed for the day of redemption.

As to why it speaks of the forehead in Revelation, I dont know if thats going to be apparant to all or just to other believers.. its prophetic so I guess we'll find out.. :)
Ezekiel 9:6 "Utterly slay old [and] young men, maidens and little children and women; but do not come near anyone on whom [is] the mark; and begin at My sanctuary." So they began with the elders who [were] before the temple.

Revelation 11:16 And the twenty-four elders who sat before God on their thrones fell on their faces and worshiped God,
I believe the OT used a sign of a physical mark whereas the book of revelation are sealed in Christ through the Spirit, those that follow the Lamb of God sent to Israel.

John 1:29 The next day John saw Jesus coming toward him, and said, "Behold! The Lamb of God who takes away the sin of the world!

In revelation it is depicted as a "Lambkin" and those firstfruits to God.

Revelation 14:1 Then I looked, and behold, a Lambkin standing on Mount Zion, and with Him one hundred [and] forty-four thousand, having His Father's name written on their foreheads. 4 These are the ones who were not defiled with women, for they are virgins. These are the ones who follow the Lambkin wherever He goes. These were redeemed from [among] men, [being] firstfruits to God and to the Lamb.

I am currently working on the books being opened and since Israel is mentioned, I am looking at it from the view of the Books of the Law of Moses :confused:

Deuteronomy 29:21 "And the LORD would separate him from all the tribes of Israel for adversity, according to all the curses of the covenant that are written in this scroll of the Law,

Reve 5:2 Then I saw a strong angel proclaiming with a loud voice, "Who is worthy to open the scroll and to loose its seals?" 3 And no one in heaven or on the earth or under the earth was able to open the scroll, or to look at it.

Reve 20:12
And I saw the dead, small and great, standing before God, and scrolls were opened. And another scroll was opened, which is [the scroll] of Life. And the dead were judged according to their works, by the things which were written in the books.

I was sealed in the forehead. It was done in my sleep. It was the mark of the cross in my forehead, and two vertical marks on each side of my head. I discuss it in my book at Revelation146.com How you might be Chosen.

This was a precious gift to me from God Almighty Jesus, Yahshua.

Remember, the Koran in Sura 3 42-50 says to obey Yahshua,

Yahshua said John 14 6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Elder Robert M. Jackson, MCP

You sound like you are a leader. I have encountered several popular books about Revelation. Be careful. Differentiating ourselves creates a barrier that undermines us, and leaders suffer a lot in that as well as those under them. If you look at the very powerful figures in history, like Henry Ford or like Napoleon or Stalin, these men differentiated themselves from everyone else yet lost their minds in the process because of not esteeming others. They thought they were helping themselves and even that they were helping other people, when in fact they began to trample on others and also themselves. I'm only pointing them out, because they are such classic cases but there are many more less well known. We are all connected in more ways than we at first perceive. You may already be in a situation where you have people under you, and the thing to do is to not think of yourself as helping others but to focus as much as you can on simply valuing them for the incredible people they are. Without them saying anything to you or doing anything for you, your own self value will go up higher than anything before. The best leaders talk about this a lot, because it has made such a profound difference in their lives.

Hello/Peace.

Peace.

The seal only means that God chose certain bodies for his light energy to use during this age. This light was created to be the part of God that gives life to his creation.

No Christian is the light of the world. They are imposters who think they are the chosen ones of God. Christianity was started by the Roman government in the early fourth century, after they killed all the saints who had the light in them.

The seal only means that God chose certain bodies for his light energy to use during this age. This light was created to be the part of God that gives life to his creation.

No Christian is the light of the world. They are imposters who think they are the chosen ones of God. Christianity was started by the Roman government in the early fourth century, after they killed all the saints who had the light in them.

come on then which cult do you belong to then ?

Back