The Apocalypse Comming Soon?

Thomas said:
The coming of the Lord we call the Parousia
Greek parousiā, presence, Parousia, from parousa, feminine present participle of pareinai, to be present : para-, beside
(answers.com)

Thomas

Pointedly, pa·rou·si´a means "presence." Vine’s Expository Dictionary of New Testament Words says: "PAROUSIA, . . . lit[erally], a presence, para, with, and ousia, being (from eimi, to be), denotes both an arrival and a consequent presence with

Other lexicons explain that pa·rou·si´a denotes ‘the visit of a ruler.’ Hence, it is not just the moment of arrival, but a presence extending from the arrival onward.

What, though, about references to Jesus’ pa·rou·si´a? Are they with the sense of his "coming," or do they indicate an extended presence? yes it is my belief that Jesus presence is an extended presence, and we are now in that presence , he came into kingdom power in the heavens in 1914 and we are now living through the signs of the presence

When will these things be, and what will be the sign of your presence [Greek, pa·rou·si´a] and of the conclusion of the system of things Matthew 24:3. Jesus then went on to tell them the signs to look out for . but there is a major fullfillment to these things that happened in their time , and the major fullfillment is now. we are in the presence of Jesus coming into kingdom power it is an extended presence

Concerning the Rider from the Secret Place ... (the `Rider on the White Horse' found in the book of Revelation), the entire 2nd Stanza of the Great Invocation specifically calls for His return. The first part of this 2nd stanza reads:
[font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Let the Lords of Liberation issue forth.
Let Them bring succor to the sons of men.
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Let the Rider from the secret place come forth and coming - save.
Come forth, O Mighty One.
[/font][font=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica]Let the Fiat of the Lord go forth: The end of woe has come.
[/font]​
The 2nd stanza was given out during Sept. 1940, one year after the first. The last stanza, which will produce over 33,000 hits on Google, was given out April 17, 1945, and is used daily by many thousands of people (probably millions by this point) worldwide. It has been translated into over 50 languages & dialects, is non-denominational, and yet it has sometimes been called "Christ's own prayer." This reference is both to its source, and to the one who has used it since time immemorial. It is thus suitable to be used as The Lord's Prayer, just as was Christ's instruction in Matthew ch.6 of the Gospels.

Not all who use the prayer (found here with links to its translations) may be familiar with its background, but with regard to the topic of the Apocalypse, this is most important! Indeed, we are speaking of the Parousia, which some regard as much more than a "oh yes, folks have been crying wolf for 2,000 years phenomenon." :p But it's the man in the sandwich sign who may miss the Reappearance ... not because it will come in a blinding flash, but because it is already upon us, as Thomas suggests.

I am with you, Mee, regarding the significance and importance of the World War(s), begun in 1914. This is regarded by many as the choice by Humanity to face the Great Battle outwardly & openly, which is understandable, given its difficulty ... and the fact that we had come face to face with a fork in the road of Human development. Failure to defeat the Axis powers would have meant an Armageddon that none of us can begin to imagine. There might well have been no survivors of that Battle, had Humanity not appealed to The Highest, and had there not been a literal Divine Intervention ... such that the Allied Forces could prevail. Ironically, this came in the form of the release of atomic energy, albeit in its lowest & most destructive form. By no means is this the Highest purpose of this essentially-Divine energy, but its secrets are carefully guarded until we are in a position to apply them unselfishly, and for the common welfare.

The bombing of Hiroshima in August of 1945 came just one month after the release of the 3rd Stanza of the Great Invocation. Yes, a great deal was going on at that time, but this coincidence is hardly such in the minds of some. And while the loss of human life was certainly tragic, the simple fact that this action turned the tide of the War cannot be debated. Armageddon was not avoided or ended ... but at least Noah's Ark - Mark II was given a few more years for completion. And it is being constructed. This I know because I have witnessed it - in the hearts & minds of many, many hundreds of people, not to mention tens of thousands more as conveyed through mass media (Internet, TV, etc.). We can see the evidence everywhere we look. And much of it is quite physical, quite obvious. At the same time, we can also observe those who will not board the ark ... for they are the ones who turn away from those in need, whatever their excuse may be. They are busy now, hoarding and insulating themselves ... and that is why the "thief in the night" will not even be noticed. Think about it.

One more thing, though. While we may sometimes grin as we see the idiot pulled over on the highway for speeding dangerously ... we ought to be smiling only because the roads are that much safer. If we are jeering, through spite, and saying to ourself, "He got his!" then shame on us! He's the guy you sat next to this morning in church. :cool: And won't you be surprised when - after Armageddon's said & done - there comes a point in the future where we meet again those who failed to board the Ark in this day & Age (assuming we are on the Ark!). ;) I'd like to watch the dialogue between a (wo)man and his/her maker, as s/he stands before G-d and explains why x, y & z doesn't belong in Heaven. I wonder if Deity (in Deity's earthly representation) is a bit more like Morgan Freeman in Bruce Almighty. Gee I hope so. There's gonna be a whole lotta floor-moppin' goin' on ...:D

Peace,
protokletos

mee said:

There had been many wars before 1914, the year when the Rider of the white horse received his crown. But now the rider of the red horse is given a great sword

I see what you're saying, but my point was the fact that peace still exists today is a clear indication that this has not yet come to pass.

taijasi said:
But it's the man in the sandwich sign who may miss the Reappearance ... not because it will come in a blinding flash, but because it is already upon us, as Thomas suggests

Yeah, but the Bible says that when the time for Jesus's second comming comes there will be no mistaking it.

i was looking at a paper from 1987 yesterday that had a bunch of world leaders making all these predictions about the 'end of the world', only to note that everything they were saying did not come to pass.

as a bible believer, i am seeing a lot stuff in here that has nothing to do with the bible. more speculation than anything. maybe since everyone wants to put in there two cents, and some seem to have crystal ball predicitons, it would be best in a different location.
just a thought:)

"No one knows the appointed time, but the Father Himself..."

I think I read that somewhere...oh yea, in the Bible. In fact I think is is in revelations, as well as the Gospel...hmmm wonder why Jesus would be specific about that? Maybe He was telling us something? Like live life the to best and fullest, and don't sweat the small stuff?

Wasting time on trying to figure out when the world will end is, well just that...wasting time.

Q

Quahom1 said:

I think I read that somewhere...oh yea, in the Bible. In fact I think is is in revelations, as well as the Gospel...hmmm wonder why Jesus would be specific about that? Maybe He was telling us something? Like live life the to best and fullest, and don't sweat the small stuff?

Wasting time on trying to figure out when the world will end is, well just that...wasting time.

Q
its about heeding warnings of a future Armaggeddon (Gods war) thats why there is no date ,thats why Jesus left us signs to indicate where we are in the stream of time
Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. For just as the days of Noah were, so the PRESENCE of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. MATTHEW 24;36-39 there is nothing wrong with getting on with our lifes as you say ,but it is the taking no note of the warnings that is wrong .was not Noah a preacher of rightousness warning people about a future time , and telling them where the place of safety was

(Luke 17:27) they were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage, until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the flood arrived and destroyed them all.

(Hebrews 11:7) By faith Noah, after being given divine warning of things not yet beheld, showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household; and through this [faith] he condemned the world, and he became an heir of the righteousness that is according to faith.

(1 Peter 3:20) who had once been disobedient when the patience of God was waiting in Noah’s days, while the ark was being constructed, in which a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water.

(2 Peter 2:5) and he did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people;
so as the bible tells us it will be the same ,.....and it is..... people take no note of jesus signs regarding his kingly presence

Quahom1 said:

Q
its about heeding warnings of a future Armaggeddon (Gods war) thats why there is no date ,thats why Jesus left us signs to indicate where we are in the stream of time
Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. For just as the days of Noah were, so the PRESENCE of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note
Our own "hour" could come at anytime so are we ready to stand face to face with the Lord if we were "taken" today.

Besides, don't a couple of "witnesses" have to come around first, then a sanctuary, altar and court have to be built in Jerusalem first? Right now the jewish religion is confused on where to build, how to build, whether the Sanctuary should be built first or the Temple around it first or even if one should be built at all. And there is that nice beautifull looking Gold Dome in the middle, glistening in the sun.

Wasn't it only jewish Priests that worship in the sanctuary? And doesn't this event happen in Zion, around the Mountains of Israel where it will be captured on TV?

[size=+2]Revelation 11:1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod, saying, "Arise ye! and measure the sanctuary["naos"] of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 "But the court which is without the sanctuary, cast out outside!, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot [for] forty-two months.

[/size]Reve 9:15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year,
[size=+2]
[/size] Ezekiel 39:17 " And as for you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD, 'Speak to every sort of bird and to every beast of the field: "Assemble yourselves and come; Gather together from all sides to My sacrificial meal Which I am sacrificing for you, A great sacrificial meal on the mountains of Israel, That you may eat flesh and drink blood. :eek:

mee said:
Concerning that day and hour nobody knows, neither the angels of the heavens nor the Son, but only the Father. For just as the days of Noah were, so the PRESENCE of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be. MATTHEW 24;36-39 there is nothing wrong with getting on with our lifes as you say ,but it is the taking no note of the warnings that is wrong .was not Noah a preacher of rightousness warning people about a future time , and telling them where the place of safety was

(Luke 17:27) they were eating, they were drinking, men were marrying, women were being given in marriage, until that day when Noah entered into the ark, and the flood arrived and destroyed them all.

(Hebrews 11:7) By faith Noah, after being given divine warning of things not yet beheld, showed godly fear and constructed an ark for the saving of his household; and through this [faith] he condemned the world, and he became an heir of the righteousness that is according to faith.

(1 Peter 3:20) who had once been disobedient when the patience of God was waiting in Noah’s days, while the ark was being constructed, in which a few people, that is, eight souls, were carried safely through the water.

(2 Peter 2:5) and he did not hold back from punishing an ancient world, but kept Noah, a preacher of righteousness, safe with seven others when he brought a deluge upon a world of ungodly people;
so as the bible tells us it will be the same ,.....and it is..... people take no note of jesus signs regarding his kingly presence

My father (a wise sailor), once told me, the problem with always looking for a better tomorrow, is that we fail to live the good we have today. Unless we stop to smell the roses along the way, the journey we take is worthless.

I personally could care less when the Lord comes. He expects me to get something out of right now. He isn't here yet as written of the end, so don't waste time looking for Him around every corner, because you'll miss all the beauty life has to offer, hence you miss His mark, since He put it there for you to enjoy (all of us). And I suspect He expects us to take notice.

"Jee God, I was waiting for you."

"But I was all around you, and yet you ignored me..."

I wouldn't want to be guilty of the same mistake as those of old Palestine, looking for a mighty king, when he was standing there right before them...in simple linens, but wonderous thoughts and insight...;)

v/r

Q

its a good job that the early christians took note of what Jesus said and fled to a place of safety , other wise they would have lost their lives ,its the same for us today, have we fled to the place of safety so we will not lose our lives when the great tribulation breaks out.? there was no safety in Jerusalem back then if they stayed around, and there is no safety in the modern day Jerusalem so the question is ....what is our modern day Jerusalem?

In the first century, Christians had to remain for a time in Jerusalem in order to preach there. (Acts 1:8

But when the disgusting thing appeared it was a warning for them to flee

In the same way, when meekhearted people today discern that "the disgusting thing" exists, they should immediately flee from the modern day Jerusalem . Every second they stay in their spiritual lives are in danger, and who knows how long the opportunity to flee will be open to them? so then who is the modern day Jerusalem,? i can tell you for sure it is not litral Jerusalem, it is an unfaithful Jerusalem it is someone who claims to represent the God of the bible , just as the litral Jerusalem was destroyed because of its unfaithfulness so will the modern day jerusalem go down and all who are with her
And I heard another voice out of heaven say: ‘Get out of her, my people, if you do not want to share with her in her sins, and if you do not want to receive part of her plagues.’" (Revelation 18:4)

Prophecies of ancient Babylon’s fall in the Hebrew Scriptures also include Jehovah’s command to his people: "Take your flight out of the midst of Babylon." (Jeremiah 50:8, 13) Similarly, in view of the coming desolation of Babylon the Great, God’s people are now urged to escape

InChristAlways said:
Our own "hour" could come at anytime so are we ready to stand face to face with the Lord if we were "taken" today.

Besides, don't a couple of "witnesses" have to come around first, then a sanctuary, altar and court have to be built in Jerusalem first? Right now the jewish religion is confused on where to build, how to build, whether the Sanctuary should be built first or the Temple around it first or even if one should be built at all. And there is that nice beautifull looking Gold Dome in the middle, glistening in the sun.

Wasn't it only jewish Priests that worship in the sanctuary? And doesn't this event happen in Zion, around the Mountains of Israel where it will be captured on TV?

[size=+2]Revelation 11:1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod, saying, "Arise ye! and measure the sanctuary["naos"] of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 "But the court which is without the sanctuary, cast out outside!, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the holy city underfoot [for] forty-two months.

[/size]Reve 9:15 So the four angels, who had been prepared for the hour and day and month and year,
[size=+2]
[/size]Ezekiel 39:17 " And as for you, son of man, thus says the Lord GOD, 'Speak to every sort of bird and to every beast of the field: "Assemble yourselves and come; Gather together from all sides to My sacrificial meal Which I am sacrificing for you, A great sacrificial meal on the mountains of Israel, That you may eat flesh and drink blood. :eek:

nothing can prevent the fulfillment of Jehovah’s purposes regarding the temple arrangement and those associated with it, and that those purposes are nearing their climax.

"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
Luke 17:20-21

Apocalypse is from the Greek "apokalupsis", meaning 'revelation' or 'unveiling' - it is only in later days that it has taken on a 'catastrophic' tone when in the mouths of those who would berate and threaten.

Christ shows 'by a new and living way, which he hath consecrated for us, through the veil, that is to say, his flesh;' (Hebrews 10:20) As such the Book of Revelation is a symbolic vision and needs to be interpreted in the light of a Christian hermeneutic.

A significant pointer is that other 'unveiling' - the Veil of the Temple, which symbolically separates creature from creator, and it was that veil, as recorded in all three synoptic gospels, that was torn from the top to the bottom at the moment of Christ's death upon the cross, thus doing away with the classical exoteric/esoteric objectivity and opening the way to the 'kingdom within' for all those who believe 'on his name'.

The lives of the saints and mystics attest to this interior unveiling and many recount not only a sense and knowing of the Real but also a vision of Beauty.

For them it is not catastrophic but a blissful and blessed event.

Nor, might I add, is it necessarily 'big' - Quahom's father would probably have agreed with William Blake -

"To see a world in a grain of sand and heaven in a wild flower
Hold infinity in the palms of your hand and eternity in an hour"

That is a vision of beatitude.

Thomas

Thomas said:
"And when he was demanded of the Pharisees, when the kingdom of God should come, he answered them and said, The kingdom of God cometh not with observation: Neither shall they say, Lo here! or, lo there! for, behold, the kingdom of God is within you."
Luke 17:20-21

Apocalypse is from the Greek "apokalupsis", meaning 'revelation' or 'unveiling' - i

Thomas

But on being asked by the Pharisees when the kingdom of God was coming, he answered them and said: "The kingdom of God is not coming with striking observableness, 21 neither will people be saying, ‘See here!’ or, ‘There!’ For, look! the kingdom of God is in YOUR midst(or is among you) luke 17;20
yes the king of Gods kingdom was among them and they did not recognise it , even his disciples who had not yet recieved the holy spirit
did not appreciate that he would not sit on an earthly throne; they had no idea that he would rule as a glorious spirit from the heavens and therefore did not know that his second presence would be invisible.—Matt. 12:38, 39; Luke 11:29, 30; 17:20, 21; 19:11-27; Matt. 16:21, 28........... but it is all being revealed in these last days, so as you mentioned the book of revelation is all about a revealing. and yes it is being revealed:) nice thrilling times indeed
Jesus words "in your midst" have at times been translated "within you." So some have thought that Jesus meant that the Kingdom of God reigns in the hearts of God’s servants. But, obviously, the Kingdom of God is not within the hearts of these unbelieving Pharisees to whom Jesus is speaking. Yet, it is in their midst, since the designated King of God’s Kingdom, Jesus Christ, is right among them

the kingdom of God is in YOUR midst (or is among you)
Who's interpretation is that?

and therefore did not know that his second presence would be invisible.
who's interpretation is that?

So some have thought that Jesus meant that the Kingdom of God reigns in the hearts of God’s servants. But, obviously, the Kingdom of God is not within the hearts of these unbelieving Pharisees to whom Jesus is speaking.

We are created "In the image and likeness" of God (Gen 1:27)

"In him was life; and the life was the light of men. And the light shineth in darkness; and the darkness comprehended it not."
John 1:4-5

"Know ye not that ye are the temple of God, and [that] the Spirit of God dwelleth in you?"
1 Corinthians 3:16

I ask again, who's interpretation of scripture are you working from?

Thomas

But, obviously, the Kingdom of God is not within the hearts of these unbelieving Pharisees to whom Jesus is speaking.
Why obviously? Why would one think the door isn't just waiting to be opened, for one to find the key?

Why obviously? Why would one think the door isn't just waiting to be opened, for one to find the key?

Exactly! Good Lord, miracles can happen! Wil and I have found common ground!

Or, from a different perspective, according to the laws of probability, a time must come when Wil and I will find ourselves in agreement - and this is just such a moment.

Thomas

A significant pointer is that other 'unveiling' - the Veil of the "Temple", which symbolically separates creature from creator, and it was that veil, as recorded in all three synoptic gospels, that was torn from the top to the bottom at the moment of Christ's death upon the cross, thus doing away with the classical exoteric/esoteric objectivity and opening the way to the 'kingdom within' for all those who believe 'on his name'.
Good post!!!
I have a question for Bible scholars here. What "Court", that is without the Sanctuary ["naos"], is being cast out outside in Reve 11?:confused: The Sanctuary being the place of the holy and holy of holies. Is this "court" being cast outside the Temple or the City?

I am assuming it was the inner veil of the tabernacle that was rent in 2 and not the outer veil? :confused:
Steve[size=+2]
[/size]Mark 15:38 and the veil of the sanctuary [#3485 naos] was rent in two, from top to bottom

aule (Strong's 833) occurs 12 times in 12 verses:[only used once in revelation and mainly for the Court/Palace of the High Priests in NT]
[size=+2]
Revelation 11:1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod, saying, "Arise ye! and measure the sanctuary[#3485]"naos"] of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 "But the court [#833]which is without the sanctuary, cast out outside!, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the city the holy underfoot [for] forty-two months
[/size]833 aule ow-lay' from the same as 109; a yard (as open to the wind); by implication, a mansion:--court, (sheep-)fold, hall, palace.109 aer ah-ayr' from aemi (to breathe unconsciously, i.e. respire; by analogy, to blow); "air" (as naturally circumambient):--air. Compare 5594

naos nah-os' from a primary naio (to dwell); a fane, shrine, temple :--shrine, temple. Compare 2411.2411 hieron hee-er-on' neuter of 2413; a sacred place, i.e. the entire precincts (whereas 3485 denotes the central sanctuary itself) of the Temple (at Jerusalem or elsewhere):--temple.
[size=+2]
[/size]

Hi Steve -

From the templemount.org
"Moving outwards from the Holy of Holies one came to The Holy Place, and then to the Courts of the priests, and of the women and of the Jewish people, then the Court of the Gentiles, and so on, out into the world in decreasing degrees of holiness."

The Sanctuary of Revelations is a symbolic description, modelled on the plan of the Sanctuary of the Old Testament.

Unfortunately there is often uncertainty as to whether the 'sanctuary' refers to the Holy of Holies, or that and the Holy Place - where stands the altar. Either way it would seem, in this instance, the measured area to comprise the (symbolic) court of those who worship God, and not the (symbolic) court of those who do not.

The spiritual Israel being the faithful: "That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel" (Eph 2:12) (and are now no longer); elsewhere Paul talks of the 'Israel of God' (Gal 6:16).

Just some thoughts...

Thomas

There were two veils - one before the temple gates, and another between the Holy Place and the Holy of Holies - and there is some contention between which of the two veils was torn asunder.

The Catholic belief is, I think, two-fold:

Both veils perform the same function, in their own 'domain' as it were. Certainly, Josephus' description of the outer veil conforms to the Old Testament colour and material description of the inner.

Origen holds that only the outer veil was torn, and that the final veil will be drawn aside at the end of time.

But also in this Origen taught that we are 'in' Christ, and this passage is 'through' the veil - His flesh, as St Paul says.

As the Book of Revelations is in the language of symbol, we must read 'Israel' 'gentile'

[size=+2]
Mark 15:38 and the veil of the sanctuary [#3485 naos] was rent in two, from top to bottom

aule (Strong's 833) occurs 12 times in 12 verses:[only used once in revelation and mainly for the Court/Palace of the High Priests in NT]

Revelation 11:1 Then I was given a reed like a measuring rod, saying, "Arise ye! and measure the sanctuary[#3485]"naos"] of God, the altar, and those who worship there. 2 "But the court [#833]which is without the sanctuary, cast out outside!, and do not measure it, for it has been given to the Gentiles. And they will tread the city the holy underfoot [for] forty-two months.
[/size]
Quote Thomas: The Sanctuary of Revelations is a symbolic description, modelled on the plan of the Sanctuary of the Old Testament.

Unfortunately there is often uncertainty as to whether the 'sanctuary' refers to the Holy of Holies, or that and the Holy Place - where stands the altar. Either way it would seem, in this instance, the measured area to comprise the (symbolic) court of those who worship God, and not the (symbolic) court of those who do not.

The spiritual Israel being the faithful: "That at that time ye were without Christ, being aliens from the commonwealth of Israel" (Eph 2:12) (and are now no longer); elsewhere Paul talks of the 'Israel of God' (Gal 6:16).

Just some thoughts...
Excellent thoughts Thomas!!.

Everything in revelation appears to be patterened after the Tabernacle in the Wilderness in Exodus and the Victory over their enemies in the book of Joshuah.

The 4 divisions of Israelites camped around the Court, concealed by a wall of veil. That is why I am interested in that "Court" mentioned in revelation, as the jews would surely understand from Exodus what that is representing.

[Note when John turns around in revelation he is facing the "Lampstands". This siginfies, to me anyway, that he is in the "holy place" beyond the outside curtain. He then is called up to heaven through a "door" which would symbolically be the "second veil"? :)[size=+2]
REve 1:12 Then I turned to see the voice that spoke with me. And having turned I saw seven golden lampstands, 13 and in the midst of the seven lampstands [One] like the Son of Man,

[/size]Revelation 4:1 After these things I looked, and behold, a door [standing] open in heaven. And the first voice which I heard [was] like a trumpet speaking with me, saying, "Come up here, and I will show you things which must take place after this."
[size=+2]
[/size]http://www.nsbible.org/sits_ts/v0s1.htm
The Camp--The Court--The Tabernacle--The Brazen Altar--The Laver-- The Table--The Lampstand--The Golden Altar--The Mercy Seat and Ark--The Gate--The First Veil--The Second Veil--The Significance of These and Their Antitypes. THE Tabernacle which God commanded the people of Israel to construct in the Wilderness of Sin, and in connection with which all their religious services and ceremonies were instituted, was, the Apostle Paul assures us, a shadow of good things to come. :D(`Heb. 8:5; 10:1`; `Col. 2:17`)

Thomas said:

Thomas

The Emphatic Diaglott reads: "God’s royal majesty is among you

This version of the Christian Greek Scriptures was prepared by the English-born Bible translator Benjamin Wilson, of Geneva, Illinois. It was completed in 1864. It used the Greek text of J. J. Griesbach, with a literal interlinear English translation and Wilson’s own version to the right using his special signs of emphasis

Originally Posted by Thomas
mee said:

The Emphatic Diaglott reads: "God’s royal majesty is among you

This version of the Christian Greek Scriptures was prepared by the English-born Bible translator Benjamin Wilson, of Geneva, Illinois. It was completed in 1864. It used the Greek text of J. J. Griesbach, with a literal interlinear English translation and Wilson’s own version to the right using his special signs of emphasis

that same form of the word is used in Matt 23, "inside" though royalty can be used for kingdom, depending on context I suppose.. There is a different greek word used for "midst/among"

Luke 17:21 nor shall they say, Lo, here; or lo, there; for lo, the reign[#932] of God is within you.[size=+2] basileia <932> tou <3588> {KINGDOM} [/size] ' [size=+2] entoV <1787> {IN THE MIDST} [/size]

Matthew 23:26 `Blind Pharisee! cleanse first the inside of the cup and the plate, that the outside of them also may become clean. [size=+2] entoV <1787> {INSIDE}[/size]

http://www.eliyah.com/lexicon.html

entos en-tos' from 1722; inside (adverb or noun):--within.

932 basileia bas-il-i'-ah from 935; properly, royalty, i.e. (abstractly) rule, or (concretely) a realm (literally or figuratively):--kingdom, + reign.

3319 mesos mes'-os from 3326; middle (as an adjective or (neuter) noun):--among, X before them, between, + forth, mid(-day, -night), midst, way.

Back