Warning

China Cat Sunflower said:
I know it's real, man. This is what people need to hear: not the sanitized, PC, fuzzy wuzzy version. Preach it Bro! Show the people the real Christianity. Show them the real choice!

Chris

Amen! If Christ preached what some of these "Christians" want to hear, He would have never been crusified.

Quote:
Originally Posted by China Cat Sunflower
I know it's real, man. This is what people need to hear: not the sanitized, PC, fuzzy wuzzy version. Preach it Bro! Show the people the real Christianity. Show them the real choice!

Chris

Terrence said:
Amen! If Christ preached what some of these "Christians" want to hear, He would have never been crusified.

I think you failed to see the sarcasm, Terrence.

No sir, not by a long shot. This is rudeness, plane and simple. The only reason you are not reacting is because it is not directed specifically at you. (according to Terrence, you are eternally damned).

I wasnt rude, but instead honest. There is a difference. Someone said something about me that wasnt truth and I called him a liar for it. I didnt lie. Why are you mad with me? Why cant I call people who lie (like myself) liars? Everyone who does not repent and trust in Jesus is damned. Thats according to the Bible, not me. I'm simply reitterating.

I on the other hand will point out the fact that God doesn't make junk.

What bible verse is that?

Which "face" of Christianity would you prefer?

We all should prefer the face that reflects Christ - true Christianity. Come on Q, you cant really read the bible and think its all about love love love. Do you suppose God would have us hold hands and sing "Kum-by-ya?" There is a problem facing humanity and its called sin. Dont you care that people are dying and going to hell? Preach the truth...let them know. There is only one name that man may be saved by and it is Jesus. Let them know that God so loved the world that whoever believes in the Son by repenting and putting their trust in Him can have eternal life with God. People will not love God until they see what God has saved them from. Tell them of sin Q.

Dondi said:
Quote:
Originally Posted by China Cat Sunflower

Chris

I think you failed to see the sarcasm, Terrence.

I think I may have? Isnt China like a nonbeliever or something? My memory sucks and I cant remember who loves God and who doesnt.

Terrence said:
I think I may have? Isnt China like a nonbeliever or something? My memory sucks and I cant remember who loves God and who doesnt.

Maybe because you aren't God?...just a thought.

Therefore whoever confesses Me before men, him I will also confess before My Father who is in Heaven. But whoever denies Me before men, him I will also deny before my Father who is in Heaven."

I agree with what Terrence is saying. One can stand up for the truth, though, and not judge at the same time.

The spirit of Jesus draws people to him, it does not compel them.

And, I don't think China was being sarcastic.

Quahom1 said:

Boy, nothing gets by you! Did you learn to assume the obvious in the navy? ;)

Originally Posted by Quahom1

Terrence said:

He's referring to your statement - "I cant remember who loves God and who doesnt" - because YOU don't know who loves God and who doesn't, but God himself knows his own.

aburaees said:
Originally Posted by Quahom1

He's referring to your statement - "I cant remember who loves God and who doesnt" - because YOU don't know who loves God and who doesn't, but God himself knows his own.
Not true. I do know who hate God. All men hate God by nature. Its the message of the Bible. No one seeks him, no one keeps his commandments, we all go astray, we all shake our puny little fist at him and spit in his face when we break his laws and sin so flippidly. You call that love? We who are saved, only love Him after because we have come to know that He first loved us eventhough we hated him. Naturally, man dont want the God of the bible, He's too holy, and demands too much. We're content with the god we make up in our minds because that god allows us to do whatever we want. That god fits around our world and bows to us and not the other way around. I dont have to be all knowing to know that. Its just obvious.

Terrence said:
Not true. I do know who hate God. All men hate God by nature. Its the message of the Bible.

Not true. (can you show me the verse?)

Do you know what the most important commandment is?

Do you believe God would command us to do something that we obviously couldn't do?

Or did he only command us to do things we are capable of doing?

You're very young, and Zealous, I'll give you that, but you're not coming across as very wise when you say things like this.

Not true. (can you show me the verse?)

Check out Romans 3, John 3 around verse 17 and downward. Those come to mind right of the bat.

Do you know what the most important commandment is?

Love God with all of your heart, mind, soul, strength.

Do you believe God would command us to do something that we obviously couldn't do?

LOL! Yes! Here are some: "Let my people Go Pharaoh." "Be Pefect!" "Larazus araise!" And on and on! Is God being disingenous? Certaianly not. There is a lesson here.

Or did he only command us to do things we are capable of doing?

No, not only. But, yes he does command us to do things we can do. Like love your enemy.

You're very young, and Zealous, I'll give you that, but you're not coming across as very wise when you say things like this.

Sorry, I mean NO disrespect!

Terrence said:

No sir, I ain't smart enough to be in the Navy. I had to settle for smaller boats...

And they don't teach any classes in "obvious". They presume one is born with that assumption...guess they goofed on that as well...

Terrence said:
Check out Romans 3, John 3 around verse 17 and downward. Those come to mind right of the bat.

I'm sorry Terrence but I'm not finding where it says that all men hate God. I can see where it says all men fall short, but even in this condition we are still capable of loving God.

Terrence said:
Love God with all of your heart, mind, soul, strength.

Why does God command us to do something which we cannot do? Is it to show us how imperfect/sinful we are?

Terrence said:
aburaees said:

LOL! Yes! Here are some: "Let my people Go Pharaoh." "Be Pefect!" "Larazus araise!" And on and on! Is God being disingenous? Certaianly not. There is a lesson here.

These examples you have given, apart from "Be Perfect", what was so impossible about these commandments? I mean, the people mentioned did obey the commandment eventually, so I don't see why you have listed these as things that couldn't be done.

Terrence said:
No, not only. But, yes he does command us to do things we can do. Like love your enemy.

Do YOU love God?

Terrence said:
Sorry, I mean NO disrespect!

I believe you, you certainly DO come across as sincere in what you have posted, but the thought of a world where men are incapable of loving God is causing me to stumble.

Do women love God? :)

Terrence said:
Not true. I do know who hate God. All men hate God by nature. Its the message of the Bible. No one seeks him, no one keeps his commandments, we all go astray, we all shake our puny little fist at him and spit in his face when we break his laws and sin so flippidly. You call that love? We who are saved, only love Him after because we have come to know that He first loved us eventhough we hated him. Naturally, man dont want the God of the bible, He's too holy, and demands too much. We're content with the god we make up in our minds because that god allows us to do whatever we want. That god fits around our world and bows to us and not the other way around. I dont have to be all knowing to know that. Its just obvious.

Yup, and I'm Doctor Pepper. Come on Terrence. This ain't Bible 101.

Give it a break will ya?

aburaees said:
[/color]

I'm sorry Terrence but I'm not finding where it says that all men hate God. I can see where it says all men fall short, but even in this condition we are still capable of loving God.

Why does God command us to do something which we cannot do? Is it to show us how imperfect/sinful we are?

[/color]These examples you have given, apart from "Be Perfect", what was so impossible about these commandments? I mean, the people mentioned did obey the commandment eventually, so I don't see why you have listed these as things that couldn't be done.

Do YOU love God?

I believe you, you certainly DO come across as sincere in what you have posted, but the thought of a world where men are incapable of loving God is causing me to stumble.

Oh damn. That is exactly what we are not supposed to do. Absolutely unacceptable according to Paul. I apologise aburaees.

v/r

Joshua

OK, I told you to read Romans 3 and John 3 because that came to mind. Romans 3 talks about None being good, all going astray, none seeking after God, all being worthless, none fearing God or keeping His Commandments, and on and on with the bad news. John 3 talks about men loving darkness rather than light and God. I asked you the question, "Does this seem like me love God?" From the picture God paints of mankind, its simply to see that we do not love Him, we hate Him. Do you now see what I mean when I say man hate God?

Actually, yes! There is more to it, but that is certianly apart of it. Moreover, the commands that God gives show how depraved mankind really is. For instance, here's what come to mind right now: In Lev. God tells people not to have sex with animals. Now, that should be obvious, I think. But, obviously, its not since God has to actually say it and since some actually do it.

These examples you have given, apart from "Be Perfect", what was so impossible about these commandments? I mean, the people mentioned did obey the commandment eventually, so I don't see why you have listed these as things that couldn't be done.

OK, I'll explain. God said to Moses, tell Pharaoh to let my people go. Yet, God also told Moses that Pharaoh will not let the people go because God would harden pharoah's heart causing him NOT to let the people go. So, there is an example of God commanding someone to do something he couldnt do. In fact, God tells us that He raised pharoah up for that special reason, to display his glory and wrath. The next example, I think, is an even better one. Jesus tells Lazarus to "arise." Now, we all know that Lazarus was dead and in and of himself, could not "hear" Jesus or in and of himself, obey Jesus' command. This, by the way, is a perfect example of how convertion (when a man is born agian) takes place. The sinner, in and of himself, can do nothing to save himself since he is a willing slave of sin. Just like being born the first time, the second birth has nothing to do with man, but all God. Let me know if that made sense, I think Im rambling?

Do YOU love God?

I was just praying not too long ago and I said to God, "I love you." And, when I said it, I realized that it was a small love that is an embarrasment because I am so weak and fickle and so sinful. I am such a wretched man. The things I dont want to do, I sometimes do anyway and it kills me. But, I thank God for His love and fully well know that it is not like my fickle love but a might and undying love that will never let go of me. Now that I'm writing this, I'm reminded why I love God so much.

Dont stumble. Learn to see yourself in light of God's holiness and stand in awe of God's love. It is truely amazing. To see yourself in light of God's holiness will result in a deeper appriciation for God, will help you fight against sin and temptation, witness better, cause your relationship to grow, and on and on. You cant truely love God until you truely understand His holiness, at least to some degree. That is the key.

Men and woman love God when Christ becomes precious to them.

Quahom1 said:
Yup Starts about John 3: 16...breaks one's heart when that simple verse is understood.

at least it breaks mine

Oh, man...Yeah...It's just that simple, really.

Back