Hard topic...maybe?

Why aren't you a Christian? Because you sure don't act like one. You're a thief, a liar and a bigot.

I think I'm worse! But God is gracious. He is glorifed in His forgivenss of wicked men. I know that apart from Christ I have no part with God and therefore Im pleased to repent and place my trust in Christ. Now, what about you? Are you a liar and a theif and a blasphemer etc., or are you a good person?

I think I'm worse! But God is gracious. He is glorifed in His forgivenss of wicked men. I know that apart from Christ I have no part with God and therefore Im pleased to repent and place my trust in Christ. Now, what about you? Are you a liar and a theif and a blasphemer etc., or are you a good person?
According to you, Jesus does not fellowship with sinners. Therefore, by your own admission, you will burn in your own hell.

See you there!

According to you, Jesus does not fellowship with sinners. Therefore, by your own admission, you will burn in your own hell.

See you there!

You didnt answer the question. Why will you die? Why will you choose not to repent and come to Christ that you may serve Him and live to God's glory. Why will you live a wasted life on purpose?

You didnt answer the question. Why will you die? Why will you choose not to repent and come to Christ that you may serve Him and live to God's glory. Why will you live a wasted life on purpose?
Who elected you my judge, jury and executioner?

Put another way, it is none of your damn business. It is between me and G-d. Back off.

Who elected you my judge, jury and executioner?

Put another way, it is none of your damn business. It is between me and G-d. Back off.

Now Im gonna guess that you have a cursing problem because you take the time to actually spell out curse words. Amazing! You know you cant both be a blesser and curser, right? By the way, I'm not judging you, just observing. Also, it wouldnt be right for me not to tell you this truth: You are born as an enemy to God. It does not matter how good you feel you are, God says different. Like myself and everyone else, you have broken His laws. Therefore, you are indebted to his justice. If you repent (stop sinning and stop living for yourself and love for God) and place your trust in Jesus (not in anything of yourself), God will forgive you and apply your debt as paid via Chirst. Moreover, you will have Christ' righteousness imputed to you whereby God will see you as good and able to enter His Heaven. If you spurn His grace, you will face His wrath.

Dont let this message offend you. Let it cause you to seek Christ that you may find Him.

Hmm, I get it now. Why must one witness or confess to you, of their repentence and acceptance of Christ? Or why must they repeat for your edification, their personal relationship with Christ?

Answer: It is none of your concern. You tell the good news and then step back and let God do His magic on the individual...unless one is "trophy hunting".

That's right, "trophy hunting" (well, got another convert under my belt, look at me...so almighty I can bring people to Christ).

Nope, you can't, and never have. Only Christ brings people to Him.

This....THIS is what Paul was warning us about. People attempting to feather their own cap, in the name of Christ...do this or die...followed by "Look at ME...I SAVED ANOTHER SOUL...pat me on the back..."

It doesn't work that way.

Hmm, I get it now. Why must one witness or confess to you, of their repentence and acceptance of Christ? Or why must they repeat for your edification, their personal relationship with Christ?

Answer: It is none of your concern. You tell the good news and then step back and let God do His magic on the individual...unless one is "trophy hunting".

That's right, "trophy hunting" (well, got another convert under my belt, look at me...so almighty I can bring people to Christ).

Nope, you can't, and never have. Only Christ brings people to Him.

This....THIS is what Paul was warning us about. People attempting to feather their own cap, in the name of Christ...do this or die...followed by "Look at ME...I SAVED ANOTHER SOUL...pat me on the back..."

It doesn't work that way.

Good stuff! I assure you, Im not looking for any prize from God. I'm only curious as to why people who qoute scripture wont adhere to it? You are aware that those "in the know" are going to have a greater judgment, right? That scares me bro and God's grace is on me.

As another observer..J23 I dont even recognize you right now. Silas is predictable.. He posts the same stuff on here day in and day out but you are freaking out...

I think Silas words are getting to someone on here I think the Holy Spirit is using him to do the Lords work and satan is pretty ticked off and he is using people on here to do his dirty work.. dont worry he uses me too...

Q.. I dont understand why its so hard to believe that silas just actually wants to do the will of God. why does it have to be self serving purposes?? Ive talked to this guy on the phone im telling you that he is genuine in his love for the Lord.

Kindest Regards, Faithful!
As another observer..J23 I dont even recognize you right now. Silas is predictable.. He posts the same stuff on here day in and day out but you are freaking out...

I think Silas words are getting to someone on here I think the Holy Spirit is using him to do the Lords work and satan is pretty ticked off and he is using people on here to do his dirty work.. dont worry he uses me too...
For you, I will pause a moment and take a deep breath...

You are quite correct, I am not myself. That actually is a portion of my point. When I am myself, I am tolerant of people like Silas...until they show they are not tolerant of others. Intolerance gets my dander up. I suppose I could lock every thread Silas has anything to do with, or I could delete every post he makes, or I can do what I did...give him back a taste of his own judgmentalism. I am at my wits end with this person, I don't know what else to do. I do not care what he believes, but when he crosses the line that he has too many times in telling people where to get off, I take notice.

I apologize to you and Dor, and any others bystanders that have gotten caught up in this. But you know how I am about intolerance. I could care less if Silas or anybody does feel someone else's faith is a cult or whatever...keep it to yourself and find a way to work around it.

Why are we even here at CR to begin with? I didn't join to listen to people like Silas stand on their soapboxes and preach at me...I can get all the preaching I need from the sources I prefer. The purpose of CR is the learn to work together with others we don't necessarily agree with. Silas was doing his best to war against that. If you see Satan anywhere, why do you not see him there?

I have learned to love so many people here, people I don't always agree with, some I rarely agree with. But I love them just the same, and treat them as brothers and sisters. Because anybody who would take the time to participate here is trying to reach out in their own way to G-d. I might not understand that way, but I know they are trying. Just like I am trying.

I have been here more than three years. Brian asked me to moderate this board long ago. Long ago, this could have been the juantoo3 show. I didn't want that, and I don't think Brian wants that. I have tried my level best to accomodate every different view that comes along. Sometimes it is just too much, so we made the Liberal board to reduce the anxiety. That seemed to work for a little while.

But now we are at a point where people are confusing the message. The Christianity board is not dedicated to Fundamentalism, or Thumperism, or Evangelicals, or Mormons, or Jehovah's Witnesses, or Branch Davidians, or juantoo3ism. It is open to all. ALL. And it must be, or CR is a waste of time.

If Silas cannot play by the rules, then I am going to make what little remains of his stay here miserable, just like he has made life miserable for others here. Otherwise, if his style is going to be allowed, I'm outta here. I'm wasting my time, time I can be using for good works for the Father's benefit elsewhere.

That's where I'm at.

Again, I apologize. But if the kids can't play nice, and one of them wants to hog all the toys, as a parent how do you fix it? Take away all of the toys? That's what my mom did.

One question (I know...I know, not another question):

What have I said that made you so angry?

You guys dont realize that Silas doesnt understand what he is doing thats upsetting everyone. He isnt playacting this.. Ive talked to him on the phone Ive spoken to him in pms.. he tells me over and over that he doesnt know when to stop..

I think everyone is just as guilty of judging him and as they are accusing him of doing.

The Lord loves him if he is doing this wrong.. the lord will work with him on it..

example.. I have a son who from the beginning of life has been rebellious and stubborn.. I didnt make him that way.. he was born that way.. God knew him in the womb and God created him this way... Im not going to stifle his spirit by punishing him for being the way he is.. The Lord made him this way for a reason.. Im going to nurture Him with the word of God and prayer and see how God uses him...

This is how I look at Silas.. Silas is a new creation in Christ Jesus.. why is he this way?? What is the Lord doing in his life?

Ok well lets see I have a question?

We have the Christianity board.
We have a liberal Christianity board.
My conservative, Biblical, Thumping, fundamentalism is not wanted on either?

Ok well lets see I have a question?

We have the Christianity board.
We have a liberal Christianity board.
My conservative, Biblical, Thumping, fundamentalism is not wanted on either?

Who the hell said that?

You guys dont realize that Silas doesnt understand what he is doing thats upsetting everyone. He isnt playacting this.. Ive talked to him on the phone Ive spoken to him in pms.. he tells me over and over that he doesnt know when to stop..

I think everyone is just as guilty of judging him and as they are accusing him of doing.

The Lord loves him if he is doing this wrong.. the lord will work with him on it..

example.. I have a son who from the beginning of life has been rebellious and stubborn.. I didnt make him that way.. he was born that way.. God knew him in the womb and God created him this way... Im not going to stifle his spirit by punishing him for being the way he is.. The Lord made him this way for a reason.. Im going to nurture Him with the word of God and prayer and see how God uses him...

This is how I look at Silas.. Silas is a new creation in Christ Jesus.. why is he this way?? What is the Lord doing in his life?

Ephesians might help Faithful. Or else the pragmatic "excess within control". A wild wind stirs muddy waters, but a constant gentle breeze sets sail and causes clear water to run for all...

Back