Hard topic...maybe?

Ephesians might help Faithful. Or else the pragmatic "excess within control". A wild wind stirs muddy waters, but a constant wind sets sail and causes clear water to run for all...

God doesnt make junk.. your words.. we are all wonderfully made with every detail planned out by our creator God.. Do we play judge and jury on silas.. and accuse him of being the exact same way? Or do we try to understand why he is the way he is and what God might be doing in his life?

Im curious why mee gets away with the same things you J23 and luna jump all over Silas about? IMO mee is a lot more dangerous than silas could ever be in the teachings he teaches.. Have you asked yourselves that question?

Kindest Regards, Dor!
Ok well lets see I have a question?

We have the Christianity board.
We have a liberal Christianity board.
My conservative, Biblical, Thumping, fundamentalism is not wanted on either?
It's been a long night, and I really, really don't want this to come out wrong...

Where did you get that impression?

Nobody will "come right out and say it" because nobody is even thinking it.

Reread what I wrote to Faithful...please.

I meant no one will come right out and say they do not want the conservative, biblical, thumping fundamentalist around unless we temper ourselfs a whole bunch.

Nope. Not what is being thought. In fact you were never in the thoughts of others here concerning fundamentalism, nor hell/fire/brimstone preaching.

Silas is a babe trying to walk before crawling (isn't it obvious?)

There is a difference between a "constant fresh breeze" and a hurricane...

Do we understand each other now?

What is wrong with being fundamentalist?? Its believing the 5 fundamentals of Christianity..

and whats wrong with preaching hell? lol Q this is what we are talking about.. ya'll are our friends and you have issues with our faith and our beliefs.

its ok we have some issues with yours and some issues with lunas but we still love you both. Its like reverse snobbery.. do we understand each other? :)

God doesnt make junk.. your words.. we are all wonderfully made with every detail planned out by our creator God.. Do we play judge and jury on silas.. and accuse him of being the exact same way? Or do we try to understand why he is the way he is and what God might be doing in his life?

Im curious why mee gets away with the same things you J23 and luna jump all over Silas about? IMO mee is a lot more dangerous than silas could ever be in the teachings he teaches.. Have you asked yourselves that question?

Because, Mee does nothing to invoke emotional response (he isn't designed with that quality...he just dutifully posts his posts as dictated by his dogma and dictates). Silas has passion, and resolve. His mistake is pushing his own issue (how would you like it if I shoved Catholicism down your throat, hmmm?). Answer: You would not tolerate it for a second.

One who recites rhetoric and diatribe is not dangerous. One who is passionate about his beliefs can be...(been there, done that, own the tee shirt)....

Kindest Regards, Faithful!
Do we play judge and jury on silas.. and accuse him of being the exact same way?
Now wait a minute...I let his shenanigans go on for a long time, I scolded once, I scolded twice, after tonight I got a burr in my fur and I went after him and gave him a dose of his own. It would be quite hypocritical of me to preach against intolerance and be intolerant, don't you think? So let's keep things in perspective.

Or do we try to understand why he is the way he is and what God might be doing in his life?
If somebody else has the wherewithal, ability and time to play nursemaid and part time psychologist, have at it. I do not have the skills or the time to coddle everyone that comes through. It is not my job. My job is to keep peace. If someone else wants to give it a go, go for it.

Oh boy. Did you read what I wrote earlier? Who is dangerous? Mee? Aside from his plagierising, he is relatively harmless and thankfully sweet natured. Lord knows, he has taken a lot more guff than anyone else on this board, and still he treats us all with a grace and dignity we all would do well to emulate.

Let's say you get your way...ban the JW's, they're no good! OK, who's next? Ah, the Catlickers! Yeah, they're no good either! Ban them too! Ban them, I say! After they're gone, who should we ban next? Ah, how about everybody but us? Yeah, just those people who fit our precise mold, because G-d knows Jeesus said we are the only ones going to heaven anyway, everybody else is damned. So we will make our little exclusive club...

An exclusive club is easy enough...go get your own server and your own account and finance it with your own money and invest your time and trouble...and you too can have your very own soapbox site where you can say and do and preach what ever you want to and include and ban whoever you want. You get to make the rules. It's easy.

This is Brian's site. Brian does not want an exclusive club. I agree.

I have a great deal more fun facing the challenge to my faith, and I learn in the process, and I meet some wonderful, fascinating and marvelous people, all of whom I have grown to love. I don't agree with all of them, I don't have to. All I have to do is allow them an opportunity to have an opinion or attitude that is different from mine. That is called tolerance.

Last edited:
Because, Mee does nothing to invoke emotional response (he isn't designed with that quality...he just dutifully posts his posts as dictated by his dogma and dictates). Silas has passion, and resolve. His mistake is pushing his own issue (how would you like it if I shoved Catholicism down your throat, hmmm?). Answer: You would not tolerate it for a second.

One who recites rhetoric and diatribe is not dangerous. One who is passionate about his beliefs can be...(been there, done that, own the tee shirt)....

Me?? I wouldnt tolerate it? You are kidding. I tolerate it daily..

mee certainly affects me emotionally. Everyone affects me emotionally.. thats how God made me.

Silas has fire.. he has zeal and God calls us to be zealous. I love that about him.

And a question.. who are you to judge between mee and Silas.. both are doing essentially the same thing.. its unfair.. If you are going to set a standard on one... why not the other? I see everyone throwing the "judgemental" word at silas but I see a lot of judging being dones towards him.

The sad thing is... I see Silas being the holiest of the bunch because he is speaking the word of the Lord.

The Lord says be holy as I am holy.. we are priests of God we are supposed to be speaking His word.. the gospel prepares us for the Holy Spirit..

the cut and pasting of watchtower propaganda doesnt... IMO

Im going to bed.. night ya'll

I never said ban anyone.. ya'll do that I dont want it.. but fair for one is fair for all...

JW are anything but harmless IMO

I wish I could get you guys to see this from my perspective. I feel like silas is david standing up against goliath.. or daniel in the lions den.. and I love ya'll and am trying to get you to see it that way..

Have you ever watched Way of the Master?? Thats how he was saved... thats how he evangelizes because thats what worked for him..

hold on.. have I ever said ban anyone??? I never even suggested banning sacredstar... that was not nice to suggest that I even want that..

Yep who said ban anyone.

Sorry I disagree teaching a false doctrine is hardly harmless.

OK, maybe harmless is a bad choice of words, my PC mind is out to lunch about now.

What I mean by harmless is that if you don't agree, it is easy enough to ignore.

Me?? I wouldnt tolerate it? You are kidding. I tolerate it daily..

mee certainly affects me emotionally. Everyone affects me emotionally.. thats how God made me.

Silas has fire.. he has zeal and God calls us to be zealous. I love that about him.

And a question.. who are you to judge between mee and Silas.. both are doing essentially the same thing.. its unfair.. If you are going to set a standard on one... why not the other? I see everyone throwing the "judgemental" word at silas but I see a lot of judging being dones towards him.

The sad thing is... I see Silas being the holiest of the bunch because he is speaking the word of the Lord.

The Lord says be holy as I am holy.. we are priests of God we are supposed to be speaking His word.. the gospel prepares us for the Holy Spirit..

the cut and pasting of watchtower propaganda doesnt... IMO

Im going to bed.. night ya'll

Let me point something out. Christianity is not a cornered market. Juan tolerates differences, I tolerate differences, Brian tolerates differences, Luna tolerates differences, Path Of One tolerates differences.

Of the five noted, four consider themselves "CHRISTIAN", in heart and soul, yet each of us is from a different demonination, and the fifth is familiar with Christianity.

But One thing we never do, is tell you (or anyone else), you are wrong. We never go there...that is tolerence.

We ask questions, question answers, and let things be. What is asked of others who come to CR, is to consider the same openmindedness (within limits).

Silas is not the only one with fire and zeal...trust me. But his social skills have not yet caught up with his faith based zeal. Time for him to ask more questions, than belt out supposed answers...don't you think?

Yes, I am a bit perturbed, but I'll get over it. I sugest you consider the same...

v/r

Joshua

But One thing we never do, is tell you (or anyone else), you are wrong. We never go there...that is tolerence.
I submit that you are wrong. Tolerance is accepting others who say that you are wrong, and that it is their choice to do so. Turning a deaf ear or turning violent over it is intolerance.

Kindest Regards, cyberpi!
I submit that you are wrong. Tolerance is accepting others who say that you are wrong, and that it is their choice to do so. Turning a deaf ear or turning violent over it is intolerance.
While I admit there are times you have a profound way of looking at things, in this case I submit that there is such a thing as a mind that is too open, a mind so open the brains fall out.

People have defense mechanisms built into their minds. Turning a deaf ear is a polite way of maintaining the defense mechanism, so that the step of violence is not required.

I submit you are out of line. Tolerance is allowing others to believe as they believe...but that does not mean that I must accept their beliefs, only accept that they believe in a specific way, and I should respect that difference, in belief (that is not like mine).

Diplomacy on the other hand, is accepting others who say one is wrong, and it is their choice to do so. And turning a deaf ear is not intolerance...it is ignoring that which does not appeal to the listener.

It is also the standard between neighbors, or else neighbors wouldn't get along to begin with...

Kindest Regards, cyberpi!

While I admit there are times you have a profound way of looking at things, in this case I submit that there is such a thing as a mind that is too open, a mind so open the brains fall out.

People have defense mechanisms built into their minds. Turning a deaf ear is a polite way of maintaining the defense mechanism, so that the step of violence is not required.
I think you see it as a defense mechanism because you believe that a word can hurt you. With that belief, free speech is a crime. I am for freedom of religion which essentially means that a person gets to say that I am wrong and choose their own religion. They choose theirs and I choose mine. Words are just for the comparison. Remember, when I hear, "You are wrong"... I hear, "You are different". Nothing wrong with it whatsoever and I like to see why I am different than others.

There is a limit to how much an ear can hear, and I'm all for the right of a person to choose what they hear, but I recognize that turning a deaf ear to anyone that says, "You are wrong" to me is a mistake on my part born out of intolerance to hearing it.

I am not 100% against intolerance either. Shaking the dust off the feet so to speak and leaving... or firing an employee for misconduct... or voting a different representative into office.

I submit you are out of line. Tolerance is allowing others to believe as they believe...but that does not mean that I must accept their beliefs, only accept that they believe in a specific way, and I should respect that difference, in belief (that is not like mine).
That is actually closer to what I was saying. I submit that respecting a difference doesn't mean you can't tell someone that they are wrong. The act is essentially telling someone that they are being or thinking different from what you believe is right.

Quahom1 said:
Diplomacy on the other hand, is accepting others who say one is wrong, and it is their choice to do so. And turning a deaf ear is not intolerance...it is ignoring that which does not appeal to the listener.
I think diplomacy is a matter of finding agreement. I meant turning a deaf ear to someone who says, "You are wrong". I turn a deaf ear all over the place but when someone says to me, "You are wrong" my ears perk up. For all I know it could be God on the other line. I think that yours do too, at least here.

I meant no one will come right out and say they do not want the conservative, biblical, thumping fundamentalist around unless we temper ourselfs a whole bunch.

Gotta say I feel the same way, sometimes.

Kindest Regards, Dor!
There is nothing asked of you that is not asked of everyone. Everyone is expected to temper themselves in the interest of promoting peaceful interaction.

If you would rather a free-for-all atmosphere, I hear there are a few other sites out there that would be happy to allow another unbridled shouting match.

Although how that promotes Christianity or honors G-d I have no idea.

Back