US & Iran

Muslimwoman

Coexistence insha'Allah
Reaction score
I can't believe my ears, please someone tell me I heard incorrectly.

The news has been reporting all day that Bush has said today Iran remains an imminent threat and all options including war are still open.

The news then had a Middle East expert on who said that some US government agency have written a report which states Iran ceased their weapons programme 4 years ago.

Please tell me I am going either deaf or insane.

The news was just on again - it was the NIE report. Good lord the demented idiot is trying to do it again, lie about weapons and go invade a country. Is there any end to his insanity?

No, there is no end to Bush's insanity, but fortunately his power is rapidly evaporating. Don't worry, there is no way he is going to mount an invasion of Iran, because he has no spare troops and no supporters who would help him raise more troops. He will continue to blither like an idiot for the remainder of his time in office, however, because, well, he IS an idiot.

LMAO :D

I don't mean to be rude but aren't Americans embarrassed by him now? As I was with Blair.

He can't be re-eleted can he?

It's all a bunch of saber rattling on both sides. Whatever we're gonna do to Iran we're already doing. Probably won't hear about that stuff on the nightly news.

Are we embarrassed of our little Chimpie McFlightsuit? Uh, yeah.

Chris

It probably is sabre rattling Chris but I just can't imagine what the idiot is thinking.

Can you imagine how this is going to look to people in the Middle East, all those radical Muslims that preach to young people that the 'west is out to get us for no reason otherthan we are Muslims'. :eek: Oh my lord I can hear them now and the young will hear the news and to them it will be proof.

Can he be re-elected or not?

According to the constitution, no, but he's never let a little thing like the constitution stand in his way before.

No, he can't be re-elected. The conservatives here need to keep their base all whipped up on fear and war and all xenophobic and sh**. There's this drum beat on Iran, and immigration, plus the perennial "war on Christmas" crap along with all the other "culture wars" propaganda that righties fill their itty bitty brains with.

Chris

Yippeeiokeaaa, round up your wagons and circle Alfred E. Newman in charge!

Now I know this is the politics and society page. But I've got a question. Most of us here, I think, I'm going out on a limb. Believe that our thoughts, prayers, perceptions affect outcomes, that our collective race consciousness has an impact on the world around us. (or is that just me?)

So the more we scream and believe he or anyone else is an idiot, the more the universe conspires to insure we are correct.

I've got a net friend in Nigeria. He amazed me it his understanding of this concept. He's born and raised in a country which exchanges power by bloody coups, the six largest oil producer, and whichever leader in control keeps 90% of the revenue for himself. The guy rides public transportation two hours each way to get into work in Lagos, thankful for his bank job, yet has to travel that far to get to a place that has a modicum of safety that he can afford. He tells me, "We in Nigeria have the gov't and leadership we deserve, maybe someday we'll raise our consciousness to the level where we will have a government like yours."

Where as I live in a country which changes power peacefully, and I get to live in relative safety, yet when someone gets into office that we don't like we put a bumper sticker on our car that says "Don't blame me, I didn't vote for the idiot"

Well I think we each contain attitudes that have created the need for the past and future presidents of both US and Iran. And until we change our attitudes, they probably won't change theirs.

Interesting metaphysical fuzzy interpretation of political realities, wil. I think your friend in Nigeria might be a bit off. I wonder why he believes that they deserve bloody coup after bloody coup? And if it is some kind of karmic thing, well then, why isn't the US getting bloody coup after bloody coup, or--and pardon me for saying this--but more things like the WTC tragedy? After all, we do export a lot of exploitation and death, don't we? Or is that just a bias on my part? I fail to see how we have collectively raised our "vibrations" to such a level as to "deserve" democracy. But then, I guess that was your point. Our collective dumb and bumbling "vibrations" gave us a dumb and bumbling man in charge. Are we going to impeach Cheney or not? ;)

Muslimwoman, Bush cannot be re-elected. No U.S. president can serve more than two terms, or eight years. Those terms do not necessarily have to be consecutive. In Bush's case, he rode his tide of fear and got two in a row. Now he's all washed up, a lame duck. The only way he could keep executive power beyond January 20th, 2009 would be if he were to seize it through the kind of bloody coup that wil and his friend in Nigeria have been talking about. Although I used to have nightmares and shadowy daytime terrors about such an event, I think it highly highly highly improbable. The last Presedential poll that I took (entirely in my imagination, yet shaped from the small bits of "news" I allow to filter into my life) showed that 62% of Americans have realized that Bush is a hypocrite, liar, and not really a Christian. The remaining 38% are divided:
16% of those polled believe that Bush is only a hypocrite and liar, although he is indeed a Christian one
6% think he is a decent guy with some misguided policies, and that he can be a little bit stubborn
2% think he is a good guy who gets a bad rap ("President Bush is a good man. He is just misunderstoodidated," his brother Jeb said in an interview)
and
14% claim to have never liked him anyway
;) :D :)

As a side note, I heard about this latest US/Iran news yesterday as well, but had a surprisingly different reaction than MW, maybe because I am a resident of the US and not currently living in the Middle East. It seemed to me like Bush was being taken to task by the international community for his belligerence and bellicosity against Iran. That he continues to be an idiot should surprise no one. That the popular opinion of the people of the United States has finally turned on him can be surprising to some of us. After all, only a few short years ago it seemed like this nazi-ish nightmare period in US history would have no end. Now it seems like a bit of common moral decency is leaking into the American people. Either that, or they are just bored with the military campaigns and supremacist jargon. That the international community is beginning to have the decency, sense, and courage to call Bush out for being a jackass--even in an indirect way--is heartening.

My thoughts. I hope they make plenty of good sense and annoy at least some of the regular posters here. :p ;) :)

Love,
Pathless

Last edited:
"war on Christmas"

:eek: There is a war on Christmas?? :eek:

and whichever leader in control keeps 90% of the revenue for himself.

Well of course I live in a country where the 'Pres' (as I like to call him, also **** and ***** *******) keeps 100% of the revenue from the Suez Canal. My hubby arrived today and told me basic food supplies have gone up 50-65% since I left but wages have gone up 0%.

Maybe the Egyptians willalso learn soon that they are the only method of change?

6% think he is a decent guy with some misguided policies, and that he can be a little bit stubborn

Are they being offered free mental health services?

2% think he is a good guy who gets a bad rap

Are they heavily sedated now?

Bush cannot be re-elected. No U.S. president can serve more than two terms, or eight years. Those terms do not necessarily have to be consecutive.

Thank goodness . . . Phew:rolleyes:

The only way he could keep executive power beyond January 20th, 2009 would be if he were to seize it through the kind of bloody coup that wil and his friend in Nigeria have been talking about.

If some people at the top of the American political system really wanted it . . . if people hero-worshipped Bush like David Palmer in the television-series 24, I imagine someone might declare the next President weak, inept and unfit for duty, invoke one of the constitutional amendments in response to a threat to national security (needing a stronger-willed President), and reinstall him for a third-term. "Jack Bauer" might be somehow involved as well.

. . . worse still . . . and heaven forbid . . . what if Congress made him President-for-life? Just like Julius Caesar and Napolean.

14% claim to have never liked him anyway

I disliked him from the very start . . . even before he was first elected. I was hoping Al Gore would win. At the time I didn't know the difference between Democrat and Republican. Now I do. But back then, there was something about him that I didn't like or trust. It was a gut feeling.

I love smilies. They're delicious. Can I have some more?:D

At the time I didn't know the difference between Democrat and Republican. Now I do.

Oh do share - I have no idea about the difference. Is one less likely to go to war over oil than the other? If so which one and who is their candidate (I wonder if I can vote rig in their favour?)

I had thought it was like Conservatives and Labour (basically the same thing but each has their own colour ties, each pinching each others policies and promising a load of stuff they never intend to deliver). ;)

Personally, I think Al Gore has a lot more important things to do than run the American Government. I dont follow american politics but this al gore seems to actually be doing something right and has the muscle(politically and financially) so it seems to do it. But all pollies to me are the same just different sets of the same lies. Over here I thought we had a peoples champion, in peter garrett.(he used to be a rock singer in Midnight Oil) But one of the first things he did was endorse a pulp mill in Tasmania. (Sigh) they ARE all the same.

Personally I think Al Gore to be a corporate stooge. I really dislike him and his hijacking of the global warming debate to corporate spin. He rolled over like a limp cabbage for Bush and got his reward of a Nobel prize, though that organisation/prize has no genuine credibility, it helps to pull the smokescreen across the real agenda. To hamper developing world progress and to keep people in the west diverted and afraid of something. If he does run for President then I will have my every conspiratorial idea confirmed. I hope I'm just a crackpot tho, for all our sakes.

Tao

I was just impressed that he was able to bring environmental issues to such a huge crowd that people (like our ex prime minister) wasnt able to ignore them any more. I dont know anything about the other stuff you mention but if you are a crackpot ........so far you are one of the few crackpots that make sense with most things. (now thats a scary thought) or is that your evil and cunning plan, up ;there in your castle in the highlands.....one day horses will rule the world,,,,,,,,(please insert evil laugh)

(now thats a scary thought) or is that your evil and cunning plan, up ;there in your castle in the highlands.....one day horses will rule the world,,,,,,,,(please insert evil laugh)

Yep, they are fed up with being sat on so now they want to trample all over us. Now one of them has learnt how to use a computer and is typing away talking to us. We thought it was a human being with an online identity but it is really a masquerader.

......or maybe it's a horse trapped inside a man's body? Maybe that is the hidden message behind the caption "Rider in the storm." A horsey personality is riding inside a man's body and he is conjuring up a storm that will catapult his mates to power.

Houses will cease to be the centre of civilisation and family. In times to come it will be the stable.;)

Like King Nebuchadnezzar, human beings will eat grass for seven years, go mad and insane, and then realise that it was the Most High God who made them so powerful.

Back