The "OF" Corral

If I maybe so bold... I came up with a structure design?

Ignore the colours they are not my colour schemes just makes it easier on the eyes... (specially old eyes) To seperate and define between rooms...

ofs.png

NOTE: The first thing you see is seemingly an old street... Do not worry, infact this isn't outside, this is in a nuclear resitant designed bunker... So you won't have to threat about those young uns with their technology wiping out the world...

You enter the secure area that seems like a street and find the front door inside here unlocked so hence it is called the good old days... Back when you could leave your front door open and no one would steal a thing.... You enter this area and come to another two doors these are well maintained toilets one for males and obviously one for females both areas can support five users at a time. moving from there you enter the hallways of the eye of wisdom, from here you can get anywhere in the area.

Music room: for your discos ball room dances or whatever with a bar :D

Library: for all the books and what not you wanted...

games room!? What about that? Pool, board games and so on and so forth?
The top area is like a kitchen area but with massive glass doors that open up to an area for BBQ's and what not with a view of some isloated area in Canada.... Digital of course, but you wouldn't be able to tell the difference ;) Smells there and everything to simulate it! Can put yah rocking chairs here... What you think? lol

Trade for vanity and ignorance? OK, I will make that deal with you when do we trade?
Oh no we are much more romantic than that. Twould be interesting to have the chance to do it over again with the knowledge we currently have, not duplicate the same mistakes. Both George Burns and Eubie Blake and who knows how many more were quoted as saying "If I'd known I was going to live so long I'd have taken better care of my teeth."

But then if I can find my laurels I'm ready to rest on them.

17th

I'm only speaking for myself you understand, but I like your initial design ideas for the clubhouse, especially that feature of the eye of wisdom being at the center of all "indoor" activities. How very...Egyptian...Masonic ?

I like the oval shaped central access to the areas within the clubhouse, but I'd like to suggest numerous skylights above this area so that natural light may penetrate the innersanctums of the OF's. The restrooms "up-front" will be especially appreciated by OF's !

We'll keep your excellent ideas and design suggestions "on file" for future reference, and if you have a virtual architect of preference we'd like to know how to contact him/her. Otherwise we are just waiting around until we get enough of a critical mass (rhymes with...) accumulated to warrant turning an actual set of ideas into a virtual reality. I trust your design is also based upon your "interior" security considerations.

Thanks Bragh !

As ever...OF flow....:p

Hey all of you potential Ozzie members out there, would you mind very much if we had a few 'roos roaming the ten acres around the clubhouse ?

Oh, and what is the age equivalency between 'roos and humans ? We'd have to make sure that they were equivalent in age to the human members in order to qualify them as OF's, eh ?

flow....:p

Eco-friendly kangaroo farts could help global warming: scientists - Yahoo! News

LOL... I have no concept of dental care.... Don't have time for that. Brush my teeth? You mean wake up earlier to fit that in? Screw that.

If you make brushing, flossing, and rinsing your last ritual of the day before beddy-bye, it becomes relatively painless timewise. Just a rinse in the am can suffice. Of course if you usually just...pass out...before sleeping this is all nonsensical.

Questionable and percarious dental hygene habits can lead to questionable and percarious larger health issues. Health studies have proven this time and time again. Besides, minted /waxed floss is the cat's patootie. Your pets will love you all the more for this addition to your routine.

As primary doorman/security/design super/house artiste for the OF Corral, we'd hope that you'd take good care of yourself so that your gifts can benefit the membership for a good long while. We might even toss in a nice BBQ'ed haunch of 'roo as a fringe benefit for you every so often.

flow....;)

Yep, you reach a certain age and you get coralled. Not intentionally you understand, it's just that the passing of the "55" barrier automatically relegates you to new labels and names.
Snoopy...since you and I are already enrolled, I expect that Mr. Fox should be invited to be our first "outside" member.

flow, hold the invite, I'm not even in the right decade yet.

I'm just wise beyond my years.....:eek:

s.

flow, hold the invite, I'm not even in the right decade yet.

I'm just wise beyond my years.....:eek:

s.
Hmm, it seems that even the Old Farts can't conform to the "Lax" rules at flow's OF Corral. Don't worry, Snoopy, you're welcome at the Friends Of Old Farts Clubhouse next door. :)

Snoopy...I'm so sad :( !!!

You must have different ageing standards over there across the pond. If I remember accurately, you were the first soul here to refer to yourself as an OF. But then I am decidedly over 55.

If you wish to succumb to SG's temptations and join the FOOF brigade next door before you "move up" to OF membership then so be it. At least, in that that way our essences will have the opportunities to mingle every so often...ermmm, so to speak.

I feel OF is more a state of mind that any simplistic date of birth thing. For instance, someone could be 85 and still "young at heart" so they couldn't join. :D

s.

17th

I'm only speaking for myself you understand, but I like your initial design ideas for the clubhouse, especially that feature of the eye of wisdom being at the center of all "indoor" activities. How very...Egyptian...Masonic ?

I like the oval shaped central access to the areas within the clubhouse, but I'd like to suggest numerous skylights above this area so that natural light may penetrate the innersanctums of the OF's. The restrooms "up-front" will be especially appreciated by OF's !

We'll keep your excellent ideas and design suggestions "on file" for future reference, and if you have a virtual architect of preference we'd like to know how to contact him/her. Otherwise we are just waiting around until we get enough of a critical mass (rhymes with...) accumulated to warrant turning an actual set of ideas into a virtual reality. I trust your design is also based upon your "interior" security considerations.

Thanks Bragh !

As ever...OF flow....:p

Masonic? ;) Well yeah, I was aiming.. For a kind of "secret society" feel... The pupil of the eye would hide much much more.... ;) Secret rooms and passages add fun and mystery to places heh.

Yes this is very secure... It cannot even be breached by a nuclear war head... So I am sure it will keep out those whom you desire to keep out. Three passages must be passed the initial entrance to the bunker which takes you via lift to the door which leads to the "good ol day" area, that door has security codes upon it and it is 75" thick Titanium. The other door which is always kept open to give the feel of the good ol days lol in emergency and breaches (not possible but IF it did happen) Will seal itself and can only be opened from within, only two people will know the pass to open that door and those two only know half of the code.

I could re-design for natural light, but there is an air system and light system to give the same feel of real air and light... as there is an area where plant life is sustained... So that if something "bad" happens in the world you can sustain yourself down here for four decades.. But, if you have the means to ration your supplies and also regrow supplies and such.. You could last longer, but if you are careless with supplies then 40 years tops is as long as the facility would sustain life of twenty people maximum. The more people the more that time will decrease lol....

Hmmmm

Physical age = 42

Mental age = 8.5

Spiritual age = 102 (I hope)

OF age = just play rap music and see how much of an old fart I can be. Oh, and I hope everyone is wearing a vest today, it is cold outside!!

Maybe I could just have part time membership?

;)

Yes this is very secure... It cannot even be breached by a nuclear war head......I could re-design for natural light, but there is an air system and light system to give the same feel of real air and light... as there is an area where plant life is sustained... So that if something "bad" happens in the world you can sustain yourself down here for four decades.. But, if you have the means to ration your supplies and also regrow supplies and such.. You could last longer, but if you are careless with supplies then 40 years tops is as long as the facility would sustain life of twenty people maximum. The more people the more that time will decrease lol....
lol when I was a kid I imagined building an underground bunker.

I was planning to put windows in it with shafts to the surface, this would allow for outside air and light, but they'd have 'Get Smart' type doors to slam if I didn't want anyone to get in. On the surface would be a garage, with windows, yet if you were to go in the garage there would be no windows, as the garage surface windows were like the top of a periscope, so from the bunker underneath you could actually look 'out' the window at the landscape around you as if you were on the surface...
I am sure it will keep out those whom you desire to keep out.
Is it just me or is the fox guarding the hen house? Reminds me of when the US embassy was built in Moscow or the USSR embassy in DC, both spent millions insuring they were secure, while both were adding all the survealance stuff required along with the security systems...

Is it just me or is the fox guarding the hen house?

It's just you now shh... You think too much. It is a sad time when people cannot even attempt to trust and give a second chance to a poor soul... I'm a changed man! Al-hamdulillah!

Oh, and the saying; "A tiger doesn't change it's stripes." I stand here and defy that statement. :D

17th...Whist I appreciate your efforts at conceptualizing a "safe and secure" place at which the OF's may gather to enjoy each others talents and company in their latter years, I am dubious when it comes to living in bunkers. It induces a certain "mentaliy" which is very unhealthy in general. Besides all that, you haven't mentioned anything about HVAC and veltilation provisions, a very important consideration when it comes to devising Old Farts' hangouts.

Let's delay considerations concerning nuclear holocaust provisions and 75 inch titanium sealing hatches until we have a few members and ascertain just what it is they envision the OF Corral to be. Remember, what you seal into your environment, you are doomed to live with. As far as I'm concerned, the less mystery incorporated into teh design, the better. Life's confusing enough when you reach Old Fart qualification age.

MW...the membership committee may enact certain dispensations concerning the affiliation of underage people. You and Seattle might wish to seriously have a meeting of the minds ie. regarding her FOOF proposal. I would have no objection to a "loose" affiliation with such an institution, and would welcome transferrences of memberships when age requirements and deportment evaluations are adequattely met.

Hey, am I good at "bureaucratese" or what ?

MW...the membership committee may enact certain dispensations concerning the affiliation of underage people. You and Seattle might wish to seriously have a meeting of the minds ie. regarding her FOOF proposal. I would have no objection to a "loose" affiliation with such an institution, and would welcome transferrences of memberships when age requirements and deportment evaluations are adequattely met.
Wait a minute, who are you calling "loose?" :eek:

Hey, am I good at "bureaucratese" or what ?

Um, must be the bad ventilation over at the OF Corral. :p

The OF corral I am looking at is acreage in Hawaii, eco friendly, off the grid, gather water from rain, organic farm community, live in a small jungalo meals in the pavillion with the masses...no bunkers...just fresh air. I'll build a solar still, put up some solar panels, and aim a parabolic at a satellite for the web. lows in the 60's, highs in the 80's appeals to me.

Back