Hell is a Hoax

Is not the attitude toward the Anointed Remnant by each member of the Great Crowd the determining factor as to whether he individually receives everlasting life, or death, according to the Watchtower of 8-1-81 (p. 26)?

XXX,

Br.Bruce
I am so glad to say that the attitude of the great crowd spoken of in revelation 7;9-10 is a very good attitude to the channel Jesus is giving great responsibilty too ...matthew 24;45-47 ... listening and being directed by the channel Jesus is using is the best place to find good bible based direction. and those who have a good attitude to the channel Jesus is feeding will go on to have EVERLASTING LIFE thats because sheep are willing to be lead but goats are rebellious .Helping christs brothers means that we are helping christ himself . that great crowd are busy indeed doing alsorts of things for christs brothers .:)

In Luke, Jesus says to the thief next to him: "Surely today you will be with me in paradise."

Christ's descent into hell is described in 1 Peter 3:18-20. It is clear that after Christ died he was "made alive in the spirit" and that in this state of exaltation he descended into hell--not to suffer, but to proclaim his victory over hell and the devil.

The events of Easter (Christ's physical resurrection) then followed, and eventually (40 days later) his physical, visible ascension into heaven.

In Luke, Jesus says to the thief next to him: "Surely today you will be with me in paradise."

Christ's descent into hell is described in 1 Peter 3:18-20. It is clear that after Christ died he was "made alive in the spirit" and that in this state of exaltation he descended into hell--not to suffer, but to proclaim his victory over hell and the devil.

The events of Easter (Christ's physical resurrection) then followed, and eventually (40 days later) his physical, visible ascension into heaven.

He "ministered" to the entities there, announcing His victory. (He literally walked into the enemy's camp, released all prisoners and lectured the captors, that there was a new General on station, and the war was lost...to them). All those waiting in faith, were liberated.

Finally, He literally walked out of death's grip, like it was smoke on the water (all bluster and pomp, no fire, no damage). He shewn us how it will be for us. We don't even get to "sleep" for any time. Our bodies are lain down, and our spirits are taken up. Later on, we go get our bodies back, but they are without blemish.

Can you imagine, looking at yourself in the mirror, and there is not one flaw in your physique? Interesting concept.

v/r

Q

Re: Hell is a Hoax full of good intentions...

What is commonly translated as hell are actually concepts that are quite different in the original usage. Gehenna is translated as hell in many Bibles, but was an actual place on earth (a local dump) and not the idea most Christians have today. Hades is often translated as hell also, but anyone who knows Greek mythology will realize that Hades is not the same conceptually as the modern Christian "hell."

I agree that hell doesn't actually exist as a physical place, though I put forth it exists as a state of being.

(...)

Hi, perhaps it may exist in both ways! There is a ancient saying in my mothertongue which can be stated in two ways, having exactly the same meaning and they both translate into something like:
"[The] [FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial][SIZE=-1]hell is full of good intentions" & "The world is full of good intentions"
[/SIZE][/FONT]​
As a little note: I have read somewhere that the first quote may be attributed to [FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial][SIZE=-1]Bernard of Clairvaux (1091-1153), a Catholic Saint and a known patron of the Knight Templars; the same Knights who were at the foundation of this same country where I am writing from ;-)

Anyway; maybe Wikipedia may freely offer us an illustration too on how to discern these "things in heaven and earth":

[/SIZE][/FONT]
RF_a_life_cycle.jpg

[FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial][SIZE=-1]
In Friendship.

P.S.: The [/SIZE][/FONT]above graphic "A Life Cycle" was authored by Margie Petite, based upon the original diagram presented in Max Heindel's magnum opus The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception in 1909.

Don't tell you belive "The Harrowing of Hell"!!!

This is ludacris! 1 Peter 3:18-20 does not describe Jesus descending into "Hell"!!

Did you know the King Jame's Virsion of the Bible is full of mistakes? Back in the 1800's when the Revision Committee examined the KJV it discovered over FIFTY THOUSANDS errors of translations. They corrected only about half of the errors they found.

Do you know how many editions and corrections the KJV has gone through the past couple of centuries? Did you know that the KJV once contained the 14 apocraphyl books that the Catholic Bibles still contain.

Did you know one of the early editions of KJV said, "They SHALT commit adultery"?

Hell is mistranlated...It also does not mention Hell in 1 Peter 3:18-20 anyway.

Oh, and by the way Satan is on earth not "Hell":

The LORD said to Satan, "Where have you come from?" Satan answered the LORD, "From roaming through the earth and going back and forth in it." -Job 1:7

Re: Hell is a Hoax full of good intentions...

RF_a_life_cycle.jpg

[SIZE=-1][FONT=verdana,helvetica,arial]P.S.: The [/FONT][/SIZE]above graphic "A Life Cycle" was authored by Margie Petite, based upon the original diagram presented in Max Heindel's magnum opus The Rosicrucian Cosmo-Conception in 1909.
Indeed, but not quite as colorful, nor with certain assumptions.

Salutem Punctis Trianguli!

v/r

Q

EASTER :)

Easter supposedly commemorates the resurrection of Christ, but reputable sources link it with false worship. The Westminster Dictionary of the Bible says that Easter was "originally the spring festival in honor of the Teutonic goddess of light and spring known in Anglo-Saxon as Eastre," or Eostre. In any case, the Encyclopædia Britannica (11th Edition) states: "There is no indication of the observance of the Easter festival in the New Testament." Easter was not an early Christian observance

Jesus did not command his followers to commemorate either his birth or his resurrection, but he did institute the Memorial of his sacrificial death. (Romans 5:8) Indeed, this is the only event he commanded his disciples to observe. (Luke 22:19, 20) Also called the Lord’s Evening Meal, this annual event is still being observed by Jehovah’s Witnesses.—1 Corinthians 11:20-26.

hello azure,

Did you know that the KJV once contained the 14 apocraphyl books that the Catholic Bibles still contain.

if i may ask, do you find that the apocrypha books are not scriptural?

Hello LeoSalinass

if i may ask, do you find that the apocrypha books are not scriptural?

I cannot speak for all of them, but for most. Yes. Have you read the Infancy Gospel of Thomas? But then again it is a matter of opinion.

EASTER :)

Easter supposedly commemorates the resurrection of Christ, but reputable sources link it with false worship. The Westminster Dictionary of the Bible says that Easter was "originally the spring festival in honor of the Teutonic goddess of light and spring known in Anglo-Saxon as Eastre," or Eostre. In any case, the Encyclopædia Britannica (11th Edition) states: "There is no indication of the observance of the Easter festival in the New Testament." Easter was not an early Christian observance

Jesus did not command his followers to commemorate either his birth or his resurrection, but he did institute the Memorial of his sacrificial death. (Romans 5:8) Indeed, this is the only event he commanded his disciples to observe. (Luke 22:19, 20) Also called the Lord’s Evening Meal, this annual event is still being observed by Jehovah’s Witnesses.—1 Corinthians 11:20-26.
No, He just told His Troupe to break bread and drink wine, in memory of Him...

Like the Sammaritans, the Pagans did not know what God they were worshipping. And the Church did a bang up job switching them from following gods, to God, but using similar celebrations and times to convert the masses.

Great PR by the church...

v/r

Q

Good PR, and perhaps a little bit of recognition that not *everything* that Pagan peoples did was rubbish to be thrown out.

It seems to me that it is particularly beautiful to celebrate Christ's transformation during the same time people used to celebrate renewal of life and light. God wrote His message to us not only in the Bible, but also in nature (which I state not only as my opinion, but backed by the Bible). The seasons instruct us in death leading to renewal of life- they are testimony of God's promise to those people who have been without the Bible.

Likewise, I have always found it fitting that the church decided to celebrate Christ's birth at the Solstice. Many Pagans celebrated at this time the birth of light, and Christ is the Light for our path.

I suppose I am just not ashamed of my ancestors. They were not Jewish and they didn't know about monotheism. But I have no doubt that many of them sought after God in the best way they knew how, just as people do today. I think God loved them too, and I think He heard their prayers and appreciated their worship, if it was sincere (even if it was misdirected).

He "ministered" to the entities there, announcing His victory. (He literally walked into the enemy's camp, released all prisoners and lectured the captors, that there was a new General on station, and the war was lost...to them). All those waiting in faith, were liberated.

Finally, He literally walked out of death's grip, like it was smoke on the water (all bluster and pomp, no fire, no damage).

All who had been in captivity from what had seemed since world was new were given sweet release. For three days and three nights those who were captive were captive no more - sublime and holy, miraculous release!

Although unseen, there was much that was done - all was accomplished, in those hours of Crucifixion by our Saviour and Lord, the Christ..

In the days to come when all humanity places Him first and above all, we may go joyously through the gates ahead: the gates of gold.

The dogma of eternal torment is based on the immortal-soul theory.

However, the Bible clearly states: "The soul that is sinning—it itself will die." (Ezekiel 18:4, 20; see also Acts 3:23.)

Proclaimers of hellfire have made the true God, Jehovah, appear to be a fiend—a cruel monster—instead of what he is: a God of love, "merciful and gracious . . . and abundant in loving-kindness."—Exodus 34:6.

The dogma of eternal torment is based on the immortal-soul theory.

However, the Bible clearly states: "The soul that is sinning—it itself will die." (Ezekiel 18:4, 20; see also Acts 3:23.)

Proclaimers of hellfire have made the true God, Jehovah, appear to be a fiend—a cruel monster—instead of what he is: a God of love, "merciful and gracious . . . and abundant in loving-kindness."—Exodus 34:6.

What a load! The True God leveled Jericho, leveled Sodom and Ghommora, allowed for the scattering of the tribes of Israel to the four corners of the earth, allowed for the extermination of 6,000,000 Jews and 48,000,000 Russians in WWII, allowed man to create hell on earth. What makes you think He would not allow for hellfire? It is said, by Jesus, that all shall perish who are not in the book of life, and that death is by hellfire, Mee. It is said by Jesus, there will be those to whom He declares "I know you not", and they will be cast out.

I just figured out what you are toughting...it is a "feel good" faith. Well life isn't all "feel good" and neither is God. Jehovah, is also a vengeful God, in case you forgot... slow to anger, and slow to cool.

Dearly beloved, avenge not yourselves, but rather give place unto wrath: for it is written, Vengeance is mine; I will repay, saith the Lord.

It is said, by Jesus, that all shall perish who are not in the book of life, and that death is by hellfire, Mee. It is said by Jesus, there will be those to whom He declares "I know you not", and they will be cast out.

quote]everlasting destruction is not litral hellfire , and understanding what Jesus REALLY meant is the thing to do . :)

Back