another life

greymare

Reaction score
some times, when I completely dont expect it.... i come across someone or a situation, and i believe or rather I know that I knew them in another life. Or , the situation has only half unfolded, (bear with me) and in my head pops, oh well, bad timing.... youlll just have to wait for your next life. and the strange thing is... I feel comforted by that. :confused: the strange thing is... I dont believe it... I just seem to know it....?????:confused: Does anyone else feel like this... is this normal. ?????:confused::confused:

Not sure, maybe you see something within them, that makes you wish that you knew them longer? Or you see something within them that reminds you of another that you have known for a long, long time... Is it normal? Tell me what normal is and then I'll let you know.

man., If I knew what normal was, i could cure the world. or at least take over it. .....(insert flows maniacal laugh here.....)/ Repressed memories????maybe??? I dont know. Ive lived a few lives here and now that i would rather forget, so maybe that is part of the equation.

I like mediocrity. (is that the correct spelling) Normal house, bills, expectations, life. thats perfect for me. I like being mediocre. I dont knwo about normal. of course, still looking fo rthat one. LOL. Thats why Im here. LOL>

I've met folks that I am exceedingly comfortable with in a very short time. I note the connection, but know not from whence it comes.

I do know other folks who tell me vast stories about past lives, and even met a family husband, wife, boy...where the son at a young age began telling the parents about all their past lives together, differing relationships in gender and familial relations, so detailed and extrodinary hard to believe it was just a vivid imagination.

I also recall some recent books by medical doctors discussing same.

Me, I believe that this isn't my first or last time around but have no knowledge of previous incarnations.

I've met folks that I am exceedingly comfortable with in a very short time. I note the connection, but know not from whence it comes.

I do know other folks who tell me vast stories about past lives, and even met a family husband, wife, boy...where the son at a young age began telling the parents about all their past lives together, differing relationships in gender and familial relations, so detailed and extrodinary hard to believe it was just a vivid imagination.

I also recall some recent books by medical doctors discussing same.

Me, I believe that this isn't my first or last time around but have no knowledge of previous incarnations.

Interesting. How do you know, or feel, that you've "been here" before? (This concept of reincarnation is totally foreign to me.) I recently had a wonderful discussion, with a family member, about "old souls" and "new souls". It's definitely affected the way I look at people. If you look at someone in terms of where they may be on their path, the state or "age" of their soul, it changes things. At least for me.

I don't really make a definitive judgement about it, but I don't feel like this was my first time incarnated. I have a variety of, for lack of a better term, memory fragments. At least, they are pretty much like this life's memories, but not of this life. Most of them seem to pop up when it's time for me to realize something I need to figure out now.

There are certain tasks/skills that came very easily to me and felt like remembering how rather than learning how.

And I have met some people I felt I knew very well before.

But it's all kind of peripheral to what I feel the point of life is. What I mean, is I know some people get all involved in their "memories" and past lives and that seems pointless to me. I am here, now- for a reason. I should fully embrace here and now, and continue on my journey, not be stuck in the past. I more or less treat previous life stuff the same way I treat this life's past events. It's just part of the journey. I am not my past lives, or this life, but whatever/whoever keeps experiencing and observing all this stuff.

I had a "phase' where I tried to recollect any past lives I had, I researched and read and met dozens of "professionals". now, I just kind of accept it, the fate of the world doesnt rest on my shoulders. LOL. When I get that feeling, I find it interesting,but its like pretty flower or an nice smell, pretty, nice but...... I am more focused on here and now. I dont dismiss it, but its rather just a part of life, I guess.

".... i come across someone or a situation, and i believe or rather I know that I knew them in another life..."

Deja vu experiences are not uncommon, but I don't think they necessarily pertain to a past life. I think they can indicate that you are working on recurring issues that define the challenges of this lifetime.

In retrospect, the significance of the deja vu may derive more from the situation than the person involved. The person may just remind you of a previous similar situation or some unresolved matter.

I think it's normal for us to be reminded of someone else and/or similar situations - if for no other reason that we are repeatedly presented with new opportunities to learn the same lesson and master the same skill set.

Ok, now I'm curious. For those of you who believe in past lives, why do you believe this? Do you just feel it, or is it part of your religion? Is there any proof for this belief? How does it work?

Ok, now I'm curious. For those of you who believe in past lives, why do you believe this? Do you just feel it, or is it part of your religion? Is there any proof for this belief? How does it work?
For me it somehow just makes sense. Deepak Chopra went on once on 'who/what are we' Say you go to your 20th highschool reunion. You may have kept touch with a few folks, but including them, everyone there, do you know them? Your bundle of memories knows there bundle of memories. But standing before you isn't one atom in that was there 20 years ago. Well maybe some atoms have been recirculated out of your body and into someone else and back again, but 99.99999% of that person, that accumulation of atoms, molecules and dna is brand new to you, arrranged in a similar configuration, some more weight, some gravity, less hair, grayer hair, etc but what is there that says "I KNOW you?" Just memories, and/or just spirit and/or just soul.

So if it can transcend this many bodies in one incarnation, it just makes sense to me there are more. I am a Christian. I believe in a loving G!d. And I don't believe G!d expects us to get it right in one trip.

Reincarnation is as old as abrahamic religions [imo] I know this is an alternative board, but even the NT hints at reincarnation. I find it to be just as probable as living on after death via ressuerction - heaven, etc. I've never expereinced, or rather I don't remeber past lives, but I'm pretty sure I've had a few, lol. I believe that all things are in constant motion, ever changing, never really ceasing to exist.

I find reincarnation to be just, and appropraite, also. Maybe if everyone held this view, we would do more to make the world a better place - NOW! I ahve experinced dejavu - and I have dreams, but we will never truly know if reincarnation is a reality. All we can do is either believe it to be true, or not. It makes no difference to me, but if I'm comming back to this earth - I'm making sure I'm storing up treasures that do not perish - All in the heart...

Love

James

I am a Christian. I believe in a loving G!d. And I don't believe G!d expects us to get it right in one trip.

Amen!! I view life to be more of an institute of learning - We are just beginning our educaton - I'd say we are entering grade two, maybe grade one. Then again, we may all be preschoolers. :p

I don't wish to start an argument or take this off topic brah, but it oringinated in Hinduism, so When the Romans came to make their main stream religion taking bits of this teaching here from the Jews, and here from the Pagans they took this concept on from Hinduism, which has to be the oldest known religion... So it's alot older than the abrahamic laws Brah.

I don't wish to start an argument or take this off topic brah, but it oringinated in Hinduism, so When the Romans came to make their main stream religion taking bits of this teaching here from the Jews, and here from the Pagans they took this concept on from Hinduism, which has to be the oldest known religion... So it's alot older than the abrahamic laws Brah.

No argument, man. I was simply suggesting that it is also a biblical concept hinted at in the NT. :D I thought paganism was the oldest known religion, tho - I could be wrong, but I think I've heard people make this claim.

Doesn't matter how old the concept is - I find it to be probable, or just as probable as a single resurrection in to a heavenly kingdom. ;) I find the concept to be comforting, yet disturbing. Comforting in that it kinda takes the sting out of death, and disturbing in that we have a long, long way to go before we find a peacful existance on earth...

Love

James

Awesome :D Some people can get quickly offended so I wasn't toooooo sure how to do it... So put it out there. :D I guess that would depend on what we classed Pagan. I find the word Paganism a broad caterogory, which is good :D But no Hinduism to as far as my knowledge (If I am wrong, would Love to hear about it.)is the oldest -known- -major- religion. :)

Question brah, how does it work with heaven and reincarination? That is a curious question I'd Love to learn more on.

Awesome :D Some people can get quickly offended so I wasn't toooooo sure how to do it... So put it out there. :D I guess that would depend on what we classed Pagan. I find the word Paganism a broad caterogory, which is good :D But no Hinduism to as far as my knowledge (If I am wrong, would Love to hear about it.)is the oldest -known- -major- religion. :)

Question brah, how does it work with heaven and reincarination? That is a curious question I'd Love to learn more on.

Who knows, man... I think as we progress as a civilization [humanity] heaven will come to fruition on earth. I think death will always be a part of life, but I think once we realize that it has no sting, then the fear of will go away.

o.k. I have a question for you, brother. You are 17th correct? :confused: You seem different - what happened? You were always quick witted [still are] but your attitude has changed somewhat, or am I mistaken about your identity altogether???

Love

James

That is one pretty idea there... I like it :)

Oh 17th? Yeah that was me, Quick witted? But of course... Only changes are I felt something, and I accept Love for what it truly is, and brother, wow... And the other thing that has changed I realised I don't know everything. ;)

My dear Vicky gave me a priceless look when I public announced I don't know everything, then to soften the blow to me she said well you know alot, and I replied yup, but don't know everything.

Back