Jehovah's Witnesses grow by 'devious' methods, charge anti-missionaries

BlaznFattyz

Reaction score
Recent success by controversial religious group Jehovah's Witnesses to bring in local Israelis has anti-missionary activists accusing the group of using devious recruitment methods. The Witnesses, as they are known, have had a presence here since the state's founding but say their active missionary work - an obligation for members - has gained traction in recent years, bringing in several hundred additional members. They now number an estimated 2,500 in Israel.

Missionary work is not illegal here, though the law forbids proselytizing to minors or proselytizing with promises of financial or material gain. Still, missionary attempts rile up many Israeli Jews. Last week, a teenager from Ariel whose family is part of the city's small Messianic Jewish community was seriously injured after a bomb, disguised as a Purim package, went off in his apartment. The incident marks what some onlookers are calling an escalation in tension between religious groups that proselytize and the ultra-Orthodox Jews who actively oppose them. Meir Cohen, coordinator of the anti-missionary department at Yad L'Achim, says his ultra-Orthodox organization receives about a dozen calls a day from people complaining about Jehovah's Witnesses who come to their door.

Accusing the Witnesses of targeting society's weaker elements, including new immigrants, the poor and the handicapped, critics blast what they call the group's devious recruitment methods. "They've mapped out all of Israeli society and then target segments that don't get attention elsewhere," said Cohen. "They introduce themselves, they smile, they are nice and they are successful. They cynically abuse people in distress and like other cults in Israel are growing." Cohen asserted they've actively proselytized in group homes for the deaf-mute, adding, "Jehovah's Witnesses, messianic Jews, scientologists all thrive here because there is no public awareness to counter them." "They target the less educated people and not the university professors," said Ruth Cohen, a former member who returned to Judaism in 2002 (see box). "In Tel Aviv, they go building to building, but in Jerusalem, they are more careful because they are terrified of the ultra-Orthodox. They target Russians, foreign workers and Arabs - but not Muslims, because that is considered too dangerous."...Cont'd

MATTHEW 24;14
And this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations; and then the end will come.:)

After these things I saw, and, look! a great crowd, which no man was able to number, out of all nations and tribes and peoples and tongues, standing before the throne and before the Lamb, dressed in white robes; and there were palm branches in their hands. And they keep on crying with a loud voice, saying: "Salvation [we owe] to our God, who is seated on the throne, and to the Lamb."REVELATION 7;9-10

"They've mapped out all of Israeli society and then target segments that don't get attention elsewhere," said Cohen. "They introduce themselves, they smile, they are nice and they are successful.
Heaven forbid, they are nice, they smile, they introduce themselves. They target segments that don't get attention elsewhere.

Exactly whose fault is that?

It actually almost sounds like a benefit to me. What folks should be doing.

Oh well. On another thread it was mentioned that JW that go out and witness are compensated for expenses and even paid for their time??

Mee would you think these in Israel are paid missionairies? Do you receive compensation for your efforts? Does this aspect in any way water down the message?

Heaven forbid, they are nice, they smile, they introduce themselves. They target segments that don't get attention elsewhere.

Exactly whose fault is that?

It actually almost sounds like a benefit to me. What folks should be doing.

Oh well. On another thread it was mentioned that JW that go out and witness are compensated for expenses and even paid for their time??

Mee would you think these in Israel are paid missionairies? Do you receive compensation for your efforts? Does this aspect in any way water down the message?
LOL Jehovahs witnesses dont get paid for preaching the goodnews i think i would be a millionare by now if they did .:) i have been one of Jehovahs witnesses for 23 years and i recieved free and i give free. and there is a GREAT CROWD from all nations doing the same . love for God and neighbor motivates them to work inline with the most highs purpose.

Jehovah’s Witnesses endeavor to imitate Jesus and his early disciples. They have no paid clergy. Each Witness is a minister charged with the responsibility of preaching the "good news of the kingdom" to others. (Matthew 24:14) about 7 million of them worldwide are therefore engaged in bringing "life’s water" free to the people. (Revelation 22:17) In this way, even those who "have no money" can benefit from the Bible’s message. (Isaiah 55:1) Although their worldwide work is funded by voluntary donations, they never solicit money. As true ministers of God, they are not "peddlers of the word of God," but they speak "out of sincerity, yes, as sent from God."—2 Corinthians 2:17.

Many threads,rumours,hersay....whatever with misinformation about the JW's, they are among one of the top in the "list" to spread lies about.... And most of those who start the lies, know it isn't the truth to begin with, sad that they must spend time and focus on trying to bring others down.... Spend such time raising others not tearing them down.

Jehovahs witnesses like to build others up with some GOODNEWS :) from the bible .

MATTHEW 24;14 JOHN 17;3 REVELATION 21;3-5 isaiah 33;24

PSALM 37;11 PSALM 37;29 MATTHEW 5;5 DANIEL 2;44

psalm 83;18

Next, the end, when he (Jesus)hands over the kingdom to his God and Father,(Jehovah) when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. 26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing. 27 For [God] "subjected all things under his feet." But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.1 CORINTHIANS 15;24-28:)

He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces. And the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for Jehovah himself has spoken [it].

isaiah 25;8

and it is:)VERY GOOD :)

last week in the UK a case came to court involving a dead 24 year old woman who, as a jehovahs witness, refused a blood transfusion and died... the doctors knew her wishes, and yet, being doctors, they waited til she was unconscious and asked her family if they would overturn her decision so that they could keep her alive. The parents did not, as they were JW's too... the woman, a girl really, of 24, left behind a small child, who is now being dragged up to believe the same idiocy as the rest of the JW's...

personally, if I had my way I would declare this behaviour to be no more than a sign of pretty severe mental illness, and would "section" all JW's and remove their right to decide on their own medical treatment, and while this may be unpalatable for those who think everyone should have the right to belive what they choose, I think that this action would help to save a few lives every year...

We do not allow terminally ill people to commit suicide- so why should we allow a religious group? we have no problem incarcirating without trial all those people who we deem to be mentally ill, to protect them and society when their only crime is to think differently, so why not JW's..?

suicide is a sin, according to the bible... if that is so, then how do JW's willingly kill themselves like this?

Hmm maybe this is the thread I was looking for earlier....

I think there are a few good books from your publications and that is "is there a creator who really cares about me?" Good book how it looks into laymen science and universal fact at the beginging... (sp lolz kthx) But then as normal there are a few publications which I find slightly questionable....

Oh speaking of JW publications, "mankinds search for god." This is a book I am to start reading next let you know if this is one of their good ones or not once I'm done :D

Jehovahs witnesses like to build others up with some GOODNEWS :) from the bible .

MATTHEW 24;14 JOHN 17;3 REVELATION 21;3-5 isaiah 33;24

PSALM 37;11 PSALM 37;29 MATTHEW 5;5 DANIEL 2;44

psalm 83;18

Next, the end, when he (Jesus)hands over the kingdom to his God and Father,(Jehovah) when he has brought to nothing all government and all authority and power. 25 For he must rule as king until [God] has put all enemies under his feet. 26 As the last enemy, death is to be brought to nothing. 27 For [God] "subjected all things under his feet." But when he says that ‘all things have been subjected,’ it is evident that it is with the exception of the one who subjected all things to him. 28 But when all things will have been subjected to him, then the Son himself will also subject himself to the One who subjected all things to him, that God may be all things to everyone.1 CORINTHIANS 15;24-28:)

He will actually swallow up death forever, and the Sovereign Lord Jehovah will certainly wipe the tears from all faces. And the reproach of his people he will take away from all the earth, for Jehovah himself has spoken [it].

isaiah 25;8

and it is:)VERY GOOD :)

No, it isn't...

Oh speaking of JW publications, "mankinds search for god." This is a book I am to start reading next let you know if this is one of their good ones or not once I'm done :D

:) mee thinks it is very good :) i especially like the last bible verse on page 379:) i am a work in progress to conceal myself;)

suicide is a sin, according to the bible... if that is so, then how do JW's willingly kill themselves like this?

Jehovahs witnesses want medical treatment, they just refuse the bit that is out of line with Gods laws .
The God of the bible(JEHOVAH) Tells us to abstain from blood so that is what we do .

people always bring to the fore the ones that die and never bring the many ones that dont die to the fore , even though they have refused blood they do not die and believe me there are many many that have been told that they will die if they dont have blood , but they dont die .

and it is also true that many people who have blood also die. Jehovahs witnesses want to live ,its not about suicide its about living inline with Gods laws. we do not pick and choose the laws to take heed of ,we stick to them all .

For the holy spirit and we ourselves have favored adding no further burden to YOU, except these necessary things, to keep abstaining from things sacrificed to idols and from blood and from things strangled and from fornication. If YOU carefully keep yourselves from these things, YOU will prosper. Good health to YOU!"

ACTS 15;28-29

yes abstaining from blood is just as important as abstaining from
sexual immorality and idolatry.

and as we can quite clearly see the world in general does not mind breaking all of these rules.

but those who are looking to be taught by the most high God JEHOVAH , do things his way

Recent success by controversial religious group Jehovah's Witnesses to bring in local Israelis has anti-missionary activists accusing the group of using devious recruitment methods. The Witnesses, as they are known, have had a presence here since the state's founding but say their active missionary work - an obligation for members - has gained traction in recent years, bringing in several hundred additional members. They now number an estimated 2,500 in Israel.
MATTHEW 24;14 :)
"God is not partial, but in every nation the man that fears him and works righteousness is acceptable to him."—ACTS 10:34, 35.

The ransom sacrifice of Jesus Christ is God’s greatest gift to man. (Romans 6:23)

It has provided a means of release from sin and death, giving each of us the opportunity to inherit everlasting life.

This gift is for individuals "out of every tribe and tongue and people and nation." (Revelation 5:9)

Yes, God wants "everyone exercising faith" in Jesus to have "everlasting life."—John 3:16.

The good news about God’s Kingdom brings many blessings to those who listen. (Revelation 14:6, 7)

It brings hope for the future and provides wise counsel that can lead to a happier life now.

Jehovah has impartially arranged that "this good news of the kingdom will be preached in all the inhabited earth for a witness to all the nations." (Matthew 24:14; 28:19, 20; Acts 16:10)

That good news is contained in the Bible, a book that can be found—at least in part—in more than 2,300 languages.

As a loving Father, Jehovah has made available to virtually every person on earth the "sayings of everlasting life."—John 6:68; Joshua 1:8.

Jehovah’s Witnesses Promote True Worship ,

Here are some of the vital Bible truths that they have discerned and publicized.

Jehovah is the only true God.

Jesus Christ is not part of a Trinitarian godhead but is the only-begotten Son of God.

Redemption from sin is possible only through faith in Christ’s ransom sacrifice.

The holy spirit is not a person but is Jehovah’s active force, and its fruitage must be evident in the lives of true worshipers.

The human soul is not immortal, as the ancient pagans claimed; it dies, and the hope for future life is in the resurrection.

God’s permission of wickedness has been because of the issue of universal sovereignty.

God’s Kingdom is the only hope for mankind.

Since 1914 we have been living in the last days of the global wicked system of things.

Only 144,000 faithful Christians will be kings and priests with Christ in heaven, whereas the rest of obedient mankind will receive eternal life on a paradise earth.

Since 1914 we have been living in the last days of the global wicked system of things.

What is it with this thing for 1914 mee?

Back