The Ark of the Covenant

Status
Not open for further replies.
BB,

Of course. I like most of the earlier people of the bible who I can't even be sure if they existed, lovable scamps like Jacob and Moses. And I do like the David of lore and legend, as well as the Solomon of lore and legend. Ultimately I believe these archetypal figures can be helpful to us. I'm also fond of some of the prophets, even the really crazy ones like Elijah. The narratives about him are so captivating and beautiful.

I wish we had more stories about the workers, the grape-pickers and goat-milkers.

I tend to be fonder of the many rabbis in our tradition, both of the Talmud and not. I love the dubno maggid. He was a harsh man but he seems more like lovable Pai Mei than anything else. Pai Mei was a real jerk but I hated when he died. Boy I can't stay on topic.

Dauer

Sacredstar said:
Dear Dauer

Its so interesting how we all view things differently.

"Solomon did not convict either woman at all. He allowed them to convict themselves."

In my view this is the true wisdom and the Grace of GOD.

To not judge or make judgement, but to allow the darkness to come into the light of day. And to allow humanity to see it for themselves, the darkness of their own ways. Allowing us to be our own judges, through our own conscience and heart of being. As they say 'what comes around goes around' in my view this is the natural and true nature of the universe and the way it is meant to BE.

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Yes, but I would ask if the incident ever happened at all. I also would wonder what kind of God was on his side, considering, the way he went after all of that dinero and all of those horses. If wisdom is God-given, so is everything else, but he still had to make decisions about how to use it, and I've demonstrated what those choices were. Nobody's arguing with me about that. It's a just a matter of understanding the context of those choices, which like anything is going to bring many answers.

Dauer

Dear Dauer

Please tell me of the crazy ones likes Elijah......

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

Sacredstar said:
Dear Dauer

Please tell me of the crazy ones likes Elijah......

Love beyond measure

Sacredstar

You mean like wandering around naked for three years?

Dauer

Dear Dauer

Sounds like me....big smiles!

Is that all? LOL

It made me laugh when I read the passage about Noah getting drunk and his sons getting his clothes for him. At least they were human but not sure I understand why it was deemed to be important enough to be part of biblical scripture????

Is there any explanation of this in Judasim?

I had a big debate on another forum about drink and biblical figures especially as Jesus was called a drunkard and a glutton.

BB, LOL!

being love

Sacredstar

Sacredstar said:
Dear Dauer

Sounds like me....big smiles!

Is that all? LOL

It made me laugh when I read the passage about Noah getting drunk and his sons getting his clothes for him. At least they were human but not sure I understand why it was deemed to be important enough to be part of biblical scripture????

Is there any explanation of this in Judasim?

I had a big debate on another forum about drink and biblical figures especially as Jesus was called a drunkard and a glutton.

BB, LOL!

being love

Sacredstar

No no. I think you misunderstood the reference. I was talking about when Elijah wanders around naked for three years. If God did indeed command him to do so and the narrative is all true, that is one thing. If not, then there's a guy claiming God speaks to him wandering around naked.

Noah is another issue. He wasn't perfect. In Jewish tradition, nobody is. In Noah's case, he gets drunk and acts the part. His sons don't just get his clothes for him. They see him naked. I think the general idea is that one of them takes time looking, and that is the one Noah eventually curses.

And as I said in the Melchizedek thread, in Jewish tradition Shem holds the title Melchizedek and is the one mentioned in Torah. He's the one who gets Noah's blessing.

As far as why it was originally included and outside of a particularly Jewish view, I have no idea as I've never taken a serious look at the text outside of a more traditional approach. But I notice now that I look at it that Ham is called the father of Canaan twice and Canaan's role as slave is repeated over and over in relation to Japheth and Shem.

So looking at this critically I'm getting some ideas about why it was included but nothing I'd choose to elaborate on besides pointing out those textual clues.

Dauer

Dear dauer

Yes I have seen this mentioned before

"in Jewish tradition Shem holds the title Melchizedek and is the one mentioned in Torah. He's the one who gets Noah's blessing." I have to say it does not resonate with me that he was Shem because it contradicts the earlier phrase 'the high priest that had no beginning and no end".

Yes I did understand and I was joking, do you have a link I may view on the text with Elijah because symbolically nakedness and nudity means transparency.

Many thanks

Sacredstar

Sacredstar,

Where does it say Melchi-tzedek has no beginning and no end? I can't find it anywhere in the text. I believe some of the dead sea scrolls also say Melchi-tzedek is Shem but am not sure.

I was wrong about Elijah. It was Isaiah. Isaiah 20.

Dauer

dauer said:
How do you know this? Is it because the narrators tell you to know this? Would you know what the narrators told you to know if you lived in communist russia and read histories of the world? dauer
I know for the same reason you "know" what you know. After researching and cross referencing and comparrison, I chose to accept what I was told and read, as being true, for me.

I also llike the impact my beliefs have had in my life, and outlook on life, even when times are tough or sad.

My belief gives me comfort.

v/r

Q

"Jesus loves me, this I know, 'cause my Momma told me so..." :D

I'm going back to read old threads and ran across a few that I really wanted to respond to, but decided not to .... but the Ark of the Covenant is too good to pass up .... the Ark is indeed hidden in a cave but it cannot be seen with the physical eyes .... we don't need to worry that it will fall into the wrong hands because it is protected and cannot be found by those that would use it for anything other than its intended purpose .... the mosiach will carry the ark ....it's just a matter of time and faith ....

I'm off to read other old threads .... aloha nui, poh

Poh,

Is that all just an internal analogy or do you mean externally this time?

Dauer

it is internal .... I am an agnostic when it comes to the external ark, but if found in the external I feel the same way that it will be protected and cannot be used for any purpose other than what is intended .... aloha nui, poh

Jeremiah foretold a time when the ark of the covenant would be no more, but that it would not be missed and Jehovah’s worshipers would experience no hardship because of not having it. Instead ‘Jerusalem itself will be called the throne of Jehovah.’—Jer 3:16, 17.

In the symbolic book of Revelation, John says that "the ark of his covenant was seen in his temple sanctuary" in heaven. This ark of the covenant has to do with the new covenant of God with men and the appearing of the Ark was an indication that Jehovah was again ruling by means of his Anointed One.—Re 11:15, 19

thanks, mee, for the quote from jeremiah, which i wasn't aware of and which describes the situation perfectly. obviously, i don't accept revelations as a sacred text, but i dare say it works for you.

b'shalom

bananabrain

juantoo3 said:
Bump for relevence to the Melchizedek thread, especially posts 27-30. Hope this helps. :)

From a web site www.hiddenmeanings.com there is a reference to the word Melchizedek which I find most insightful .... in a nutshell (coconut that is) melchizedek is not a person but a process ....

the word itself comes from several roots that can be broken down as:

" Mel - dark or black
Melchi - life force (as in 'chi')
Melchiz - electron via atom of the pineal gland, reisistance via OHM
mELCHIZEDEK - disciplining ourselves to the dark matter, or meditation

When we meditate we tithe to the King of Salem which means the King of Peace ".... when we meditate we give the 10% of our brain that we normally use over to dark matter which composes 90% (dark does not refer to anything evil, only the portion that we do not use regularly) .... we tithe to the 90% and merge the whole to 100% .... the completion of this cycle or circle which has no beginning and no end ....

I do believe that the ark of the covenant is to be found internally and not externally and the bible tells us how to find it .... meditation is one method (among several) to acomplish this and the word melchizedek is used to describe what we must give up in order to move deeply into meditation ....

That is why I also believe that the return of the Mosiach (or Messiah) and the rebuilding of the third temple (via the regathering) will happen simultaneously .... we carry the ark in the portable temple (us) and it always remains with us until we as a people create the change necessary to move into the fifth world which brings peace and harmony both at a spiritual level and a physical level .... I for one am filled with great expectations for the future of our children .... he hawai'i au, poh

Is there a plan or impetus to build a third temple on the temple mount? Training priests, making items, etc?

Could this conceivably ever be done?

It's got to be really irritating to think that the Holy of Holies is under Al-Aqsa (if I'm reading Getz correctly).

Thoughts?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back