Jesus Christ, he will return?

Proph 1 said:
Some people continue to mock his Coming, as the scriptures said they would do. They say things like:

"All things have been going the same as the begining of time. There was always wars, earthquakes, plagues, etc. Where is the promise of his Coming? When is he coming...Is he coming?"

Some people say these things and forget that the scriptures says:

"The Lord is not slack concerning his promise, as some men count slackness; but is longsuffering to us-ward, not willing that any should perish, but that all should come to repentance."

In God's AMAZING LOVE he waits for us to repent and come to the Savior so that we may find life. Yet man continue to willingly doubt. They dont realize that is Mercy thats been keeping them alive all this time. Its mercy that allows them to wake up another day that they may find the Savior and live. Its MERCY thats not killing them. Yet men chose not to recieve God's gift.

Why!?
true,the bible verses you quoted are so true, people do not recognize Jesus kingship and his presence at all .and they do not recognize the signs that Jesus left us ,but in the end ,The only way to escape andnot perish is for themto come to repentence .remember his presence is happening right now, since his kingship in the heavens in 1914and to deny Jesus kingship means that we deny Jesus himself
"What will be the sign of your presence and of the conclusion of the system of things?"matthew 24; 3.....the reason that Jesus left us signs was because he would not come back to earth in the flesh again but his kingship was in the heavens .and all of the signs have been happening since 1914for us to plainly see. but people still say ,oh there has always been wars .earthquakes etc ect

Jesus urged his followers to stay alert. He provided a sign so that his presence could be recognized, though most would take no note: "As the days of Noah were, so the presence of the Son of man will be. For as they were in those days before the flood, eating and drinking, men marrying and women being given in marriage, until the day that Noah entered into the ark; and they took no note until the flood came and swept them all away, so the presence of the Son of man will be."—Matthew 24:37-39.​

During the days of Noah, most people of that generation just carried on with their normal affairs. Jesus foretold that it would be the same with "the presence of the Son of man." The people around Noah might have felt that nothing would happen. Those days, which spread over time, led to a climax, "the flood came and swept them all away." Luke presents a similar account in which Jesus compared "the days of Noah" with "the days of the Son of man." Jesus said "The same way it will be on that day when the Son of man is to be revealed."—Luke 17:26-30

Not liking the idea he had children. Holy men I feel should be devoted to God. Should stay pure in this sense. also he came from a wealthy family, maybe the idea that Iran had a prophet (Zoroastra) in the past made people believe that they could also be a chosen one, especially people that live in wealth and let there heads high.. I class myself as a Christian theologist with my whole life to decide which path to take. May that be anyway. Also Jesus will be returning towards the end of the world... Maybe further then we expect but it wasn't in the 1800s when Baha'u'llah was a live. We should see mircles.

The again, who knows. I'm still researching this relgion.

Baha'u'llah was born into a rich family, after he came of age and understanding he gave all of his money to the poor. He was thrown into prison by the Shah. In this remote prison a maided on heaven (an angel) came to him telling him he had a mission.

You asked about his life. I can tell you that the most amazing thing (IMHO) is that His religion came out of an extremist Mulsim society where people could be legally killed by the government for no reason. Also, keep in mind he was not schooled yet he wrote hundreds upon hundreds of beautiful volumes of scripture that (IMHO) could be only the work of God. He was exiled from city to city because the rulers were scared of him. His ministry lasted 40 years.

Also, about your comment "We should see mircles". In the bible the devil tempts jesus commanding him to perform miracles to prove Himself.
So in essence asking for miracles is in fact doing the work of the devil.

Baha'u'llah was born into a rich family, after he came of age and understanding he gave all of his money to the poor. He was thrown into prison by the Shah. In this remote prison a maided on heaven (an angel) came to him telling him he had a mission.

You asked about his life. I can tell you that the most amazing thing (IMHO) is that His religion came out of an extremist Mulsim society where people could be legally killed by the government for no reason. Also, keep in mind he was not schooled yet he wrote hundreds upon hundreds of beautiful volumes of scripture that (IMHO) could be only the work of God. He was exiled from city to city because the rulers were scared of him. His ministry lasted 40 years.

Also, about your comment "We should see mircles". In the bible the devil tempts jesus commanding him to perform miracles to prove Himself.
So in essence asking for miracles is in fact doing the work of the devil.

Not quite. Baha'i is not quite that smooth in coming into existense. It came out of the 19th century in Iran.

And one of the points of the faith is to use Christian Gospel to further it's point, but not at the cost of the Bahallahuh's (sp) message.

v/r

Joshua

Not quite. Baha'i is not quite that smooth in coming into existense. It came out of the 19th century in Iran.

And one of the points of the faith is to use Christian Gospel to further it's point, but not at the cost of the Bahallahuh's (sp) message.

v/r

Joshua

I understand that, I just felt that writting a long post would result in people skipping it over.
Also, i dont understand what you meant by the following:

"And one of the points of the faith is to use Christian Gospel to further it's point, but not at the cost of the Bahallahuh's (sp) message."

P.S.
It's "Baha'u'llah" not "Bahallahuh". Do I say "Jebzus" instead of "Jesus"?

I understand that, I just felt that writting a long post would result in people skipping it over.
Also, i dont understand what you meant by the following:

"And one of the points of the faith is to use Christian Gospel to further it's point, but not at the cost of the Bahallahuh's (sp) message."

P.S.
It's "Baha'u'llah" not "Bahallahuh". Do I say "Jebzus" instead of "Jesus"?

That is what (sp) means... (spelling is off or incorrect).
And, the other part is taken from Baha'i precepts. Christian Gospel does not supercede the message of Baha'u'llah.

I fail to see where I caused insult or misunderstanding.

When or will Jesus Christ return? I think this is very easy to answer. He will return when man has destroyed itself and this planet, which, let's face it, isn't that far away. I'd say 100-200 years from now. Through mass nuclear war, illness and mass poverty man & technology will ebb away, to the point that the wheel will have to be re-invented again and how to make fire will have to be thought of. The earth will be barron and desolate once again. If you want to see the future look at the past, Jesus Christ will come again at this time and along with everything else another cycle of the human race will have to start. Jesus Christ will have to be gods "representative" once again and sacrifice himself for the sins of the "new cycle" Everything goes through cycles, the earth goes through cycles, easy to see over the millions of years it has existed and humans go through cycles. As before Jesus Christ helped & promoted the cycle by breaking the barrier between humans and god and eradicating sin and he will do it once again. I suppose you could say Jesus Christ acts in cycles too. This will be the second coming. You heard it here first! My thoughts anyway.

v/r

Joshua

Could you please correct the points you say are incorrect.

When or will Jesus Christ return? I think this is very easy to answer. He will return when man has destroyed itself and this planet, quote] but the bible says that ,God is going to bring to ruin those ruining the earth............ revelation 11;18 so man will not be allowed to destroy this planet ,God is going to step in before we do that .and those who are willing to be taught by God will inherit the earth and it will be made back into paradise conditions which was the original purpose of God.the bible holds out a wonderful hope for the earth and for those who will inherit the earth.
But the meek ones themselves will possess the earth,
And they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace.psalm 37;11

(Isaiah 45:18) For this is what Jehovah has said, the Creator of the heavens, He the [true] God, the Former of the earth and the Maker of it, He the One who firmly established it, who did not create it simply for nothing, who formed it even to be inhabited: "I am Jehovah, and there is no one else.

(Matthew 5:5) "Happy are the mild-tempered ones, since they will inherit the earth.

(Revelation 21:3) With that I heard a loud voice from the throne say: "Look! The tent of God is with mankind, and he will reside with them, and they will be his peoples. And God himself will be with them.

do u think before he gets here we should take the crosses off stuff, so we dont give him a complex..?
his true followers have already done that.they recognize that it would be offense to God to have pagan things attached to their worship of God.

his true followers have already done that.they recognize that it would be offense to God to have pagan things attached to their worship of God.
there is nothing pagan about the rememberances of what christ did for us.

there is nothing pagan about the rememberances of what christ did for us.
...... very true, there is nothing pagan about the memorial of christs death, but as for pagan symbols need i say more. i feel another thread coming on somewhere.:)
The Gospel writer Luke confirms that Jesus commanded: "Keep doing this in remembrance of me." (Luke 22:19) These words have also been rendered: "Do this in memory of me" (Today’s English Version) and "Do this as a memorial of me." (The Jerusalem Bible) In fact, this observance is often referred to as the Memorial of Christ’s death. Paul also calls it the Lord’s Evening Meal—an appropriate designation, since this was instituted at night. (1 Corinthians 11:20) Christians are commanded to observe the Lord’s Evening Meal. yes the memorial of christs death is very important to true christians. and there certainly wont be any pagan crosses around when that is going on. so getting back to the threads theme ,(Jesus christ ,he will return )
In words recorded in the Gospel of Luke, Jesus compared Christians to slaves waiting for their master to return from a wedding. They need to keep alert so that when he arrives they will be awake, ready to receive him. In a similar way, Jesus said: "At an hour that you do not think likely the Son of man is coming." (Luke 12:40)

I believe those passages refer specifially to the Holy Spirit being here with us now (since the time Jesus ascended into Heaven 40 days after rising from the dead). In fact Jesus said He had to leave for awhile, so that the Holy Spirit could come. Further more, the proof of the Holy Spirit's presence was noted when the Disciples experienced a wind and tongues of flame resting over their foreheads. Immediately after, they (newly emboldened by the Holy Spirit), went out and spoke to the crowds, and the crowds understood the disciples, each in their own language, all at the same time. I believe that day was and is called Pentacostal Sunday, or the Feast of the Pentacost.

v/r

Q
yes the holy spirit certainly moves people into action, as it did in those days, and still does today.

I have a question...If he were to come back in bodily form, claiming to be the Alpha and Omega, changing things around, would you recognize him, or think him a nut for claiming such things?

Love,

I have a question...If he were to come back in bodily form, claiming to be the Alpha and Omega, changing things around, would you recognize him, or think him a nut for claiming such things?

Love,

Well, hey Cage. Nice to see you again.

"Then if any man shall say unto you, Lo, here is Christ, or there; believe it not.
For there shall arise false Christs, and false prophets, and shall shew great signs and wonders; insomuch that, if it were possible, they shall deceive the very elect...For as the lightning cometh out of the east, and shineth even unto the west; so shall also the coming of the Son of man be. " - Matthew 24:23-24, 27

I reckon to see Him like this:

"And I saw heaven opened, and behold a white horse; and he that sat upon him was called Faithful and True, and in righteousness he doth judge and make war.
His eyes were as a flame of fire, and on his head were many crowns; and he had a name written, that no man knew, but he himself.
And he was clothed with a vesture dipped in blood: and his name is called The Word of God.
And the armies which were in heaven followed him upon white horses, clothed in fine linen, white and clean.
And out of his mouth goeth a sharp sword, that with it he should smite the nations: and he shall rule them with a rod of iron: and he treadeth the winepress of the fierceness and wrath of Almighty God. And he hath on his vesture and on his thigh a name written, KING OF KINGS, AND LORD OF LORDS." - Revelation 19:11-16

Love,
he wont come in the flesh again, so if someone claimed to be him he would be a nut.

Love,

I believe He did, and yes, I recognized Him. :D

But the majority of people branded Him a heretic and imprisoned and exiled Him for 40 years. <sigh> History has a way of repeating itself.

I believe He did, and yes, I recognized Him. :D

But the majority of people branded Him a heretic and imprisoned and exiled Him for 40 years. <sigh> History has a way of repeating itself.

Who would that be, 9Harmony?

ETA: Nevermind, I just realized something.

mee, why do you think he will come in Spirit? I'm likely to agree, but there is much to suggest otherwise in the Bible if I'm not mis understanding it.

Although, Revelations is too heavy a book for me at the moment, and I don't read it. My only insight comes from others who believe in an apocolyptic return, and from those who don't.

I personally think he comes in Spirit and not as actual lightning from the east, or upon a literal horse while wearing a crown. But this where I get confused, how are we to breakdown the anologies, and abstract vagueness of some scripture?

His return is clouded in mystery...

Love,

Back