What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

wil said:
Pirates, eh
Cars...fun
Peaceful Warrior....AWESOME

Gonna see it again, and read the book again.

Can't get the damn trailer to download (though i did read the book a while ago).

Saw an old one (1984) , that I never saw before "Runaway". Tom Selleck, Gene Simmons, Kirstie Ally.

Not sure where this would go...but looked an awful lot like the future...

True that Pirates wasn't as good as it could have been, but wasn't Davy Jones AMAZING? Wow. The CGI for him, as it had to have been, I guess, was the best I've ever seen. I'd give it a 3 out of 5, but I kind of want to go see it again just for that.

Sarah

I just saw Pirates 2 (without having seen Pirates 1). So I was kind of lost as far as plot, but who goes to see that sort of movie for plot? And I have yet to be impressed by Keira Knightly's acting in anything, so I wasn't disappointed as far as that went. I went for the silly predictable gags, cool swordfighting, big explosions, and awesome CGI, and I have to say I found it a thoroughly rewarding evening.:D

Scarlet Pimpernel said:
I just saw Pirates 2 (without having seen Pirates 1). So I was kind of lost as far as plot, but who goes to see that sort of movie for plot? And I have yet to be impressed by Keira Knightly's acting in anything, so I wasn't disappointed as far as that went. I went for the silly predictable gags, cool swordfighting, big explosions, and awesome CGI, and I have to say I found it a thoroughly rewarding evening.:D

Hey, Scarlet--just the opposite for me. I am way behind on my movies, but I just recently saw "The Black Pearl". I thought it was great! I mean, who doesn't love Johnny Depp? I hear he is considering playing Hamlet before he gets too old for the part. That should be interesting. Anyway, can't wait to see the sequel.

InPeace,
InLove

Angels in the Outfield...I never knew that movie existed...(what a dunce):rolleyes:

The Benchwarmers. Awful.

annie hall. A classic.

Dauer

Quahom1 said:
Angels in the Outfield...I never knew that movie existed...(what a dunce):rolleyes:

If you build it....:) Don't feel bad, Q. I have never seen Annie Hall all the way through. (Hi dauer!)

InPeace,
InLove

Oops! Sorry--wrong movie. I was thinking of "Field of Dreams". (Pass the dunce hat, Q:confused:)

dauer said:
The Benchwarmers. Awful.
Why aren't comedies as funny as they used to be?
Just saw the new Adam Sandler movie, Click. Like Benchwarmers, there were funny bits, but you couldn't say it was a "funny movie"

A lot of movies these days seem to have just enough cheap laughs to make a few great trailers, and then to hell with the rest of the movie.

Ah, I miss The Three Amigos.

cavalier said:
Why aren't comedies as funny as they used to be?..Ah, I miss The Three Amigos.
Which three?

Marx Brothers?
The Stooges?

How bout Dos Amigos

Sinatra and Kaye
Laurel and Hardy
Abott and Costello
Martin and Lewis
Smothers Brothers

wil said:
Which three?

Marx Brothers?
The Stooges?

How bout Dos Amigos

Sinatra and Kaye
Laurel and Hardy
Abott and Costello
Martin and Lewis
Smothers Brothers

Or even the Chuckle Brothers (an English thing)

I actually meant the movie, "The Three Amigos" Steve Martin, Chevy Chase, and Martin Short

King Kong...:eek:

I at first thought to myself, "Is this a movie a christian should see?" Of course I said that AFTER I saw the movie...:)

It was an excellent movie in my opinion with incredible special effects and it wasn't anything I would tell people they need to avoid. Young children should not see it though.

Just saw Hustle and Flow. Good movie. I loved all the characters and really enjoyed Terrence Howard

Just saw

Kung-Fu Hustle
The Day After Tomorrow
White Man's Burden
The Prophecy
Crash

All excellent movies that make you think.

Just saw

South Park: Bigger, Longer, and Uncut
(Just as good as the first time I saw it, when it came out in '99. Surprisingly infectious musical.)

Silent Hill
(Wow. Amazing. Wow. Although I did feel like vomiting a few times during the movie.)

Dauer

I just saw (as in it started at 7 and ended at 9) Tank Girl, and I thought it was a waste of Malcolm McDowell's abilities. I didn't stay for V is for Vendetta (or whatever that movie is called.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine said:
I just saw (as in it started at 7 and ended at 9) Tank Girl, and I thought it was a waste of Malcolm McDowell's abilities. I didn't stay for V is for Vendetta (or whatever that movie is called.)

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Good point, but the man is brilliant in his portrayal of the grieving/obsessive/desperate El Aurian physicist Dr. Soran in the ST Generations movie. Made me almost wish that he succeeded in his endeavor, but for the greater good of life...

v/r

Q

dauer said:
Silent Hill
(Wow. Amazing. Wow. Although I did feel like vomiting a few times during the movie.)

The cartoonish CGI's spoiled it a bit for me.

Back