What Movies Have You Seen Recently?

Last sunday, I saw World Trade Center. Pretty intense. Since it just came out I won't reveal any of the good stuff incase you haven't had to see it yet, but I mut say, it was very good.

Paul James said:
Last sunday, I saw World Trade Center. Pretty intense. Since it just came out I won't reveal any of the good stuff incase you haven't had to see it yet, but I mut say, it was very good.

I bet because it focussed on the issue at hand, the reality of the moment as opposed to speculating and second guessing, or hypothesising on why...;)

29 September 2006:

"The Guardian", starring Kevin Costner and Ashton Kutcher.

Fictional Drama/suspence, based on actual events. A view of the fifth branch of the military that few are even aware of, let alone what they do, or how they do it...;)

http://theguardian.movies.go.com/

edit: no bombs, no bullets, not required. It is exciting enough as it is...

Quahom1 said:
A view of the fifth branch of the military that few are even aware of, let alone what they do, or how they do it...;)

I can't pull up the movie clip on your post. What is the fifth branch if you don't mind me asking? Sounds interesting!

Yesterday I saw The Three Burials of Melquiades Estrada. Wow. Powerful messages of justice, redemption, mercy, etc. But I wouldn't watch it with anyone other than my husband or maybe my grown daughters. I don't even want to watch it with my son! So, if you rent it, send the kids to a neighbor's house, or better yet--wait until they are off at camp! (oh yeah, and you might want to eat well ahead of time:eek:)

Broken Flowers with Bill Murray.
It's a slow-paced movie so it might not suit all tastes, but I thought it was excellent. Thought provoking and disarmingly poignant. Helps if, like me, you love Bill Murray.

Has anyone seen the movie "The Last Stand" by Stephen King
or
One that I thoughs that was just creepy

Dawn of the Dead with Ving Rames?
They actually used people who were missing limbs in that movie.
For some strange reason, I liked the song in this movie by someone who sounded like Frank sinatra.
"Get up and get down with the sickness."

Psycho (1968?) with Anthony Perkins as Norman Bates and Janet Leigh as Marion Crane. Let's just say, if you're skittish, avoid this film at all costs! I give it :eek: :eek: :eek:.

I tried to watch the remake, but it just didn't have the same feel, plus I felt that the Norman Bates in the remake just wasn't scary/creepy enough as well as being a bit too "worldly" imho.

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Went to beautiful Capon Springs, West Virginia last weekend on a church retreat...watched

Akeelah and the Bee Monsters, Inc.
Eight Below
Take the Lead
Ron Clarke Story
Something the Lord Made

I would recommend them all. Especialy the last three, for anyone whose mantra is, 'What can one man do?' The story's are wonderful. The discussion of spiritual principles (uwooga, uwoooga, LOUNGE VIOLATION) was incredible.

Oh my! I just saw "Crash". Reminded me a little of CR on a stormy day.:eek:

InPeace,
InLove

InLove said:

InPeace,
InLove

I saw that movie!!
Yep thats CR alright!!!
Talk about art imitating life.
sheesh:)

InLove said:

InPeace,
InLove

I just saw it tonight, thought it was excellent. I don't think I've seen a better movie in the last couple of years, maybe for longer than that.

Ghost Dog: Way of the Samurai

One of my all time fav movies. Forest Whitaker plays a professional hitman for the mob who lives every moment of his life by the samurai code. Great music too. And the movie's got a sense of humor.

I just had the pleasure of seeing

"I Robot" Starring--Will Smith

That movie had so much "biblical" spinoff
that you kinda had to rewind to catch it all.

My all time favorite movie (for now) is
"Blade" with Wesly Snipes aka the day walker
if you get the chance, check it out. Makes you think twice about going out to night clubs and it also makes you wonder about people who have Tatoo's on the back of their necks.
:D

Very funny, smart, intelligent, perceptive, topical and thought provoking satire. Hmmm, don't get that very often out of Hollywood!
- Just seen Thank You For Smoking. Also recommended for anyone that smokes but would like to quit.

Snoopy.

Has anyone seen the movie "The Last Stand" by Stephen King
or
One that I thoughs that was just creepy

Dawn of the Dead with Ving Rames?
They actually used people who were missing limbs in that movie.
For some strange reason, I liked the song in this movie by someone who sounded like Frank sinatra.
"Get up and get down with the sickness."

It is simply called "THE Stand" And yes it is an awesome movie...

Dawn of the dead is a copy... The orginal was way better... Indeed there is a a song on there that it sung in like a frank sinatra style it is much better again in its orginal style 'Disturbed - Down with the sickness.' Distrubed pwn... ;\ kthx.

--EDIT--

I watched "thank you for smoking." It sucked.... I was expecting it to be far more funny.. I liked the chat show at the start that made me giggle... But meh... Not as good as expected. But then again I prefer violence, insanity and sickness... when it comes to films.... Did you notice... You only saw someone smoke in that film once....

I saw the new Sacha Baron-Cohen film recently, with his character Borat. Great movie, although I do feel bad that one person's job was effected by allowing an interview with Borat.

Dauer

Went to beautiful Capon Springs, West Virginia last weekend on a church retreat...watched

Akeelah and the Bee Monsters, Inc.
Eight Below
Take the Lead
Ron Clarke Story
Something the Lord Made

I would recommend them all. Especialy the last three, for anyone whose mantra is, 'What can one man do?' The story's are wonderful. The discussion of spiritual principles (uwooga, uwoooga, LOUNGE VIOLATION) was incredible.

Capon Springs! Holy Smoly, I've been there! Long time ago as a boy. Had a blast there. Was there when Mr. Lou Austin was still alive. Had our pix and home movies taken with him. He just loved kids. Just a sweet man.

Do they still have the natural spring pool (brrrr on even the hottest summer day)? Do they still have the golf course? Do they have Bingo with apple butter as one of the prizes? Do they have a camp fire with singing and roasted peanuts? Do they have seven grain cream of wheat for breakfast? Do they still sing "Love and Marriage" for folk's anniversary? Do they still sell "The Great Me"? Do they still have flag raisings?

Man, I had some good memories there.

Back