What Are You Watching on Youtube?

flowperson said:
InLove....Just beautiful. "Real" music is still the best, even when played on a synthesizer eh ?

Here's a lady who has always been a favorite of mine. These days her hair has turned to silver, but her voice is as sweet and vibrant as ever.

flow....:)

Well, this is a second attempt--cybermonsters ate the first one, I think. I really hope that both posts do not show up now! If they do, just consider the first one a rough draft, I guess? I'm out here in the piney woods this week, so I probably won't be back on in time to edit.

Anywayz, not a creature is stirring here at Dad's house, not even the weiner dog. I don't want to wake anyone, so I will have to look at the videos later. But thanks, flow--it's nice to know someone else feels the way I do about Emmy. You know, several others have been called "The Queen of Country Music", and they are all deserving of recognition, but IMHO, no one holds a candle to Her Silvery-Crowned Majesty! :) The only possible successor I see at the moment might be Alison Krauss (sp?), but she will have to wait her turn and be very excellent in the meantime...

Jesse Winchester--great songwriter! I have a version of Songbird by "InLove":) somewhere around here. Maybe someday, my most wonderful husband will get around to preserving and distributing some of these recordings of mine. But that tune will always belong to EmmyLou.

InPeace,
InLove

InLove...We used to live in Allison Krauss' home town. My daughter and son knew her family, but they all ran around in different circles.

I really don't do country music myself, except for down home bluegrass (that's how Jerry Garcia started out y'know, giving banjo and guitar lessons in the back of a music store in E. Paol Alto). And yes, Emmylou is still just so good at what she's always done, enchanting her audience and bringing us into her beautiful realities.

Enjoy the "piney woods" and tell Jack to get on the stick and digitize some of your tracks so we may hear you. I'm sure that you are angelic in your own ways also when it comes to enchanting others with singing.

flow....:)

YouTube - Labyrinth - Sarah/Jareth - And When She Danced (the other version was removed due to a ToS violation, but the song is the same)
Another song from my misspent youth: YouTube - Cinderella - Don't Know What You Got (Till It's Gone): Stereo Version
Another song that made me think of our "beloved" 17th: YouTube - Bon Jovi - 'Blaze Of Glory'
This is the Kansas song I had mentioned in the Favorite lyrics thread (edited to LotR clips): YouTube - Boromir--"The Wall"

I have others, but I'll leave with this for now. :eek:

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Hey flowy--

Well, I have a difficult time categorizing music anyway. (Got a problem with labels, ya know. ;)) I like all kinds of music as long as it's music I like. :D But I know what you mean--I really don't like a lot of what comes out of Nashville these days.

Do you remember Alison when she was with The Cox Family? Did you know she and Robert Plant have a new release? (I've heard one selection, an old Everly Brothers tune, but I am not impressed.)

Anyway, here's both Emmy and Alison a few years back. You might recognize the song from "Oh Brother, Where Art Thou?".

YouTube - ALISON KRAUSS,GILLIAN WELCH,EMMYLOU HARRIS

I wish I could find more of Harris's older stuff, but here she is doing Pancho and Lefty--most people know it by Willie and Merle, but I think she does a better version. (For best quality, turn it up! :D)

InPeace,
InLove

YouTube - Emmylou Harris - Pancho and Lefty

HI InLove...Yeah, some goodies there. The thing about Emmylou with me has always been, here's one of the most beautiful women on the planet, AND THEN she picks up a guitar, opens her mouth, and music made by angels comes out of it ! For me even more moving than listening and seeing sister Joan cut loose. Another talented beauty.

I didn't know much about Allison until I left that town about the same time that she was giving a homecoming concert in a restored theater there, her hometown. A really big deal. Roger Ebert's also from there and has a film festival at the same theater every year.

Yeah, brother Where Art Thou. I've got it in my collection. I can never re-watch it just once. I've got to do it twice to enjoy everything there. The Coen brothers are just genius filmmakers. For me it's a tossup between Brother and Raising Arizona as to my favorite Coen film.

Thanks for the vids and the memories my sweet, and...keep on rockin'! If I weren't so busy these days I'd go find some more myself. Oh Well !

flow....:p

Going to see Ash in Glasgow tonight..(sunday)..with my work and by invitation too so no ticket purchase this time!! I'l let you know what I think of them live. Cant forget that video tho......save the cheerleader...sod the world :p
YouTube - Ash - Burn Baby Burn

From the 10th anniversary concert of Les Miserables- YouTube - Bring him home - Colm Wilkinson (one might want to turn up the volume on this one)

From She's A Good Skate, Charlie Brown- YouTube - Woodstock - O Mio Babbino Caro

A live cover of a Dr. Hook song done by Bon Jovi- YouTube - Bon Jovi - Sylvia's Mother (Dr Hook Cover)

A video by Aerosmith- YouTube - Aerosmith - Janie's Got A Gun: David Fincher Cut

A tribute to Elvis (although I'm not much of an Elvis fan :p)- YouTube - Alannah Myles - "Black Velvet" Music Video

Phyllis Sidhe_Uaine

Last edited:
Back