What is a Meek?

Oh indeed, please great being, bless the nation of war mongers/one of the highest obesity rates/Worlds top supplier of arms to devloping nations/Most funds spent on weapons and armies/That enslaved an entire race/and so on....

I was referring to separation of church and state.

If anything god bless Africa, may their wars be ended, may the rains fall heavy, may their fields produce food and grazing..... And all countriess in dire need.... May they be blessed.... I am sure god wouldn't be biased and give a rats ass about the united states... Like that maybe some people but not the nation as a body.... Unity
God is not finite in His Blessings. Of course he should bless Africa, but I wouldn't be too sure about God's bias. The US has all sorts of faults that are made public, but we do a WHOLE lot of good.

Maybe not but i responded to what you said....you do not respond to what i said.
Sorry I tried.

Well i am glad i am not American, dont need that kind of social strata metaphor to understand good and bad. Christ preached one message, no servants...what was it? Can you see it hidden amongst the dogma?
Was this dogma?

Matthew 15:22-28 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil." But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, "Send her away; for she crieth after us." But he answered and said, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Then she came and worshipped him, saying, "Lord, help me." But he answered and said, "It is not meat to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs." And she said, "Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." Then Jesus answered and said unto her, "O woman, great is thy FAITH: be it unto thee even as thou willed it." And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

As I Love my children, wife, neighbor, or enemy, it is NOT unconditional. Some things are with condition, and some things are without.

The cowards are definitely unblessed.
the faithless , crooked and twisted ,are not blessed.
A faithless person is not concerned about rendering an account to God. Therefore, doing what is right in Jehovah’s eyes is of no consequence to a man without faith. (1 Peter 4:3-5)

Pattimax, Maybe you are right, maybe the 20 minutes news I watch as I get ready for work in the morning is too much. Perhaps I should forgo that and get a little pick me up from Gospel Radio instead.... but would I be able to resist all the multi-media bargains offered??

Sorry I tried.

Was this dogma?

Matthew 15:22-28 And, behold, a woman of Canaan came out of the same coasts, and cried unto him, saying, "Have mercy on me, O Lord, thou son of David; my daughter is grievously vexed with a devil." But he answered her not a word. And his disciples came and besought him, saying, "Send her away; for she crieth after us." But he answered and said, "I am not sent but unto the lost sheep of the house of Israel." Then she came and worshipped him, saying, "Lord, help me." But he answered and said, "It is not meat to take the children's bread, and to cast it to dogs." And she said, "Truth, Lord: yet the dogs eat of the crumbs which fall from their masters' table." Then Jesus answered and said unto her, "O woman, great is thy FAITH: be it unto thee even as thou willed it." And her daughter was made whole from that very hour.

As I Love my children, wife, neighbor, or enemy, it is NOT unconditional. Some things are with condition, and some things are without.

Ok...a mother approaches them...says her daughter is nuts. The disciples all say get rid of her she is a pain. God says she aint worth feeding. Jesus agrees, she says I am happy to scavenge for crusts round your feet. Jesus says cool, ok. Suddenly she is sane.

Well sorry. I dont get it. No doubt you have some nice beautiful interpretation you like. But to me all it says was Jesus allowed retards to scavenge his leftovers. So what was your point? You see bible quotes may sail your boat but to me they are so often like this... just poorly translated and half understood proof of ancient prejudices. Is this proof of his charity? Well she was not meek, she was annoying. Why do you highlight Faith ? Maybe I'm just too stupid to see it....or maybe not stupid enough.

Tao

I don't get the joke?
Sure you do. "I know if that was an option open to me I would, Bob..."

It is something you can't do, but you wish you could, so you set back and accept that you can do nothing about it...but you wish you could...

Pattimax, Maybe you are right, maybe the 20 minutes news I watch as I get ready for work in the morning is too much. Perhaps I should forgo that and get a little pick me up from Gospel Radio instead.... but would I be able to resist all the multi-media bargains offered??

Ok...a mother approaches them...says her daughter is nuts. The disciples all say get rid of her she is a pain. God says she aint worth feeding. Jesus agrees, she says I am happy to scavenge for crusts round your feet. Jesus says cool, ok. Suddenly she is sane.

Well sorry. I dont get it. No doubt you have some nice beautiful interpretation you like. But to me all it says was Jesus allowed retards to scavenge his leftovers. So what was your point? You see bible quotes may sail your boat but to me they are so often like this... just poorly translated and half understood proof of ancient prejudices. Is this proof of his charity? Well she was not meek, she was annoying. Why do you highlight Faith ? Maybe I'm just too stupid to see it....or maybe not stupid enough.

Tao

maybe God likes those who do not take NO, for an answer...especially when they know they aren't junk. God don't make junk.

maybe God likes those who do not take NO, for an answer...especially when they know they aren't junk. God don't make junk.

ermmm she was likened to a dog... have you been to the middle east....have you seen how they treat dogs?

Sure you do. "I know if that was an option open to me I would, Bob..."

It is something you can't do, but you wish you could, so you set back and accept that you can do nothing about it...but you wish you could...

I guess in a good light, at least I am not dreaming?

You said, "God bless Africa!!!" and assuming they're the meek of the earth . . .

I didn't say they're the meek, but they are certainly people that need more than a human helping hand lol.... Well, tell a lie no a human helping hand would do the trick.... Just, we aren't like that are we.... If I had to say I -think- x is meek, I would say the whole of mankind is meek.... Isn't one explination to define meek like submissive? You know easily imposed upon? If you look at it, isn't that us all? One way or another we all get manipulated and we do become submissive to the bully/trend/goverment/advertisments/religion/whatever....

I guess in a good light, at least I am not dreaming?

I didn't say they're the meek, but they are certainly people that need more than a human helping hand lol.... Well, tell a lie no a human helping hand would do the trick.... Just, we aren't like that are we.... If I had to say I -think- x is meek, I would say the whole of mankind is meek.... Isn't one explination to define meek like submissive? You know easily imposed upon? If you look at it, isn't that us all? One way or another we all get manipulated and we do become submissive to the bully/trend/goverment/advertisments/religion/whatever....[/quote

and some become submissive to God , and that is the best one to be submissive to. because it leads to everlasting life .

Like her husband Adam, Eve had every reason to remain submissive to God. She shared the same blessings. But Eve was the first human led to believe that disobeying God was the better course. :(

JESUS Christ, the greatest man that ever lived, encouraged meekness by both precept and example. “Blessed are the meek: for they shall inherit the earth,” said he, and he urged others, “Learn of me; for I am meek and lowly in heart.”

Meekness or mildness is also the course of wisdom. It makes it easy for us to receive instruction that leads to everlasting life. Meekness makes us mild, gentle, refreshing and easy to get along with. It makes it easy for others to approach us. Jesus was that way: “Come to me, all you who are toiling and loaded down, and I will refresh you. Take my yoke upon you and become my disciples, for I am mild-tempered and lowly in heart, and you will find refreshment for your souls. For my yoke is kindly and my load is light.”—Matt. 11:28-30.

?

lol, you know every man that ever lived?

Leonidas the first.... Was/Is/and will be the greastest man that ever lived..... (I just made an opinion... There is -no way- I can back that up lol.....)
thats because Jesus is the only- begotten son of God John 3;16 and he plays a very big part in the outworkings of God purpose. and before he was born as a man on the earth, he lived in heaven with his father Jehovah . yes he was one of a kind. and he was taught by his Father Jehovah so he is also the greatest teacher, along with being the greatest man .

Yeah says your book.... I am sure there are many books that speak of great people... Without being around since the start to the end, you cannot say for sure that x is the greatest to ever live ;\ You see where I be coming from?

Yeah says your book.... I am sure there are many books that speak of great people... Without being around since the start to the end, you cannot say for sure that x is the greatest to ever live ;\ You see where I be coming from?
would you not agree that living in heaven with the Almighty as your father with a spirit body and being taught by him , and then being sent to the earth and being born as a man in flesh and blood is rather unique, yes there have been some great men born on the earth, but none has done what Jesus has done. i would say that listening to Jesus as a teacher would be the best one to listen to because he was taught by the Almighty. what better teacher could there be . none

You missed the point: that's what your book claims (we have no reason to believe every claim in your book), but there are a lot of books that make a lots of claims, for this or that person.

Back