What is a Meek?

Maybe it's a warning. If the apocalypse includes a nuclear holocaust it wouldn't be that great to inherit the earth.

Chris

You missed the point: that's what your book claims (we have no reason to believe every claim in your book), but there are a lot of books that make a lots of claims, for this or that person.
yes i agree there are many books that make many claims ,

Needless to say, this means being selective in our reading material. The bible tell us that "to the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh." (Eccl. 12:12)

Maybe it's a warning. If the apocalypse includes a nuclear holocaust it wouldn't be that great to inherit the earth.

Chris

Many people equate Apocalypse with world destruction by nuclear warfare.

But what really is an apocalypse? Though dictionaries define it by using terms such as "an imminent cosmic cataclysm," the Greek a·po·ka´ly·psis basically means "unveiling" or "uncovering."

Thus, the last book of the Bible is properly entitled "A Revelation." Here we find, not a mere fatalistic message of world doom, but an uncovering of divine truths that should build in our hearts a radiant hope and an immovable faith.

yes i agree there are many books that make many claims ,

Needless to say, this means being selective in our reading material. The bible tell us that "to the making of many books there is no end, and much devotion to them is wearisome to the flesh." (Eccl. 12:12)

Ohhhhh Yehhhhhhhh!! So lets all burn them big bad books that refute our faith!! And lets subscribe to glossy, happy tripe instead and give our wages to our leaders to further our chosen creed.
Wake up and smell the coffee dude!!!

Ohhhhh Yehhhhhhhh!! So lets all burn them big bad books that refute our faith!! And lets subscribe to glossy, happy tripe instead and give our wages to our leaders to further our chosen creed.
Wake up and smell the coffee dude!!!
or even read the bible , and come to know the true God and his son Jesus christ.

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. John 17;3 yes to the making of many books there is no end but the most important book is the bible because reading that book leads to everlasting life :)

or even read the bible , and come to know the true God and his son Jesus christ.

This means everlasting life, their taking in knowledge of you, the only true God, and of the one whom you sent forth, Jesus Christ. John 17;3 yes to the making of many books there is no end but the most important book is the bible because reading that book leads to everlasting life :)
So what will you do with everlasting life? Forever is a heck of a long time. Forever with a bunch of bible bashers is just about the worst hell i could imagine.

Tao

Many people equate Apocalypse with world destruction by nuclear warfare.

But what really is an apocalypse? Though dictionaries define it by using terms such as "an imminent cosmic cataclysm," the Greek a·po·ka´ly·psis basically means "unveiling" or "uncovering."

Thus, the last book of the Bible is properly entitled "A Revelation." Here we find, not a mere fatalistic message of world doom, but an uncovering of divine truths that should build in our hearts a radiant hope and an immovable faith.
Science teaches that the Earth will become an inferno as the sun dies but first grows to envelope the Earth. The oceans will be boiled off and all life as you know it will be gone. Vaporized. That is not a prophesy, rather a scientific 'fact' taught in school and scientific textbooks. Of course, we don't worry about that scientific fate because it is billions of years away and we are much more comfortable knowing that we will be long dead before then. Afterall it is a scientific 'fact' that people die and yet many think to themselves... it won't be me... there will be a scientific cure for death before I am called. Who needs an apocalypse or apocalyptic prophesy when we have got SCIENCE?

Science teaches that the Earth will become an inferno as the sun dies but first grows to envelope the Earth. The oceans will be boiled off and all life as you know it will be gone. Vaporized. That is not a prophesy, rather a scientific 'fact' taught in school and scientific textbooks. Of course, we don't worry about that scientific fate because it is billions of years away and we are much more comfortable knowing that we will be long dead before then. Afterall it is a scientific 'fact' that people die and yet many think to themselves... it won't be me... there will be a scientific cure for death before I am called. Who needs an apocalypse or apocalyptic prophesy when we have got SCIENCE?

Funny thing about stars. They can go into critical mass at any moment. Afterall, at the heart, they are uncontrolled nuclear reactions in progress.

Science without faith is lame. Faith without science is blind.

So what will you do with everlasting life? Forever is a heck of a long time. Forever with a bunch of bible bashers is just about the worst hell i could imagine.

Tao

Salvation as many critics Tao, but no rivals...:D

Tao
spending forever with those who are into peaceful ways will be paradise indeed, and spending time with those who are into being more righteous will be great .

. (Micah 4:4) And they will actually sit, each one under his vine and under his fig tree, and there will be no one making [them] tremble; for the very mouth of Jehovah of armies has spoken [it].

(Isaiah 54:14) You will prove to be firmly established in righteousness itself. You will be far away from oppression—for you will fear none—and from anything terrifying, for it will not come near you.

(Habakkuk 2:14) For the earth will be filled with the knowing of the glory of Jehovah as the waters themselves cover over [the] sea.

yes taking in knowledge NOW is the thing to do because it leads to everlasting life. As JOHN 17;3 informs us , and its all in the bible , getting to known the true God and his son Jesus christ is the thing to do and its all in the bible :)

and the bible teaches that the earth will stand forever. i would rather put my trust in Gods words they are more reliable.

He [God] has founded the earth upon its established places; it will not be made to totter to time indefinite, or forever.” (Psalm 104:5)

(Ecclesiastes 1:4) A generation is going, and a generation is coming; but the earth is standing even to time indefinite.

so the divine promise is: “The meek ones themselves will possess the earth, and they will indeed find their exquisite delight in the abundance of peace. The righteous themselves will possess the earth, and they will reside forever upon it.” (Psalm 37:11, 29)

(Psalm 119:90) Your faithfulness is for generation after generation. You have solidly fixed the earth, that it may keep standing.

there will be a scientific cure for death
The cure for death has already been put in place and it comes from the Almighty . and Jesus christ Gods son plays a very very big part in that purpose. its called the RANSOM .
Mankind’s need for a ransom came about through the rebellion in Eden.
Though available to all, Christ’s ransom sacrifice is not accepted by all,
Jesus uses the authority granted by Jehovah on the basis of his ransom to give life to all those who accept this provision.—1Co 15:45;

“God loved the world so much that he gave his only-begotten Son, in order that everyone exercising faith in him might not be destroyed but have everlasting life.”—JOHN 3:16.

For the wages sin pays is death, but the gift God gives is everlasting life by Christ Jesus our Lord. romans 6;23

That is why, just as through one man(adam) sin entered into the world and death through sin, and thus death spread to all men because they had all sinned—.

we dont need humans to work the problem of death out, it has already been worked out by God

To atone for sin, the ransom must precisely fit that which it is supposed to cover—Adam’s perfect human life.

John described Jesus as “the Lamb of God that takes away the sin of the world.” (John 1:29)

Right after the rebellion in Eden, Jehovah announced his purpose to produce a “seed,” or offspring, who would ransom mankind from sin. (Genesis 3:15) Through a series of divine revelations, Jehovah identified the family line that would produce this seed. In time, these revelations focused on Joseph and Mary,

but now things are well along and everlasting life is just around the corner:)

Back