Bible Truths

Discussion in 'Christianity' started by Azure24, Feb 5, 2008.

1. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

here is an interesting verse

Matt. 7:13, 14, RS: "Enter by the narrow gate; for the gate is wide and the way is easy, that leads to destruction, and those who enter by it are many. For the gate is narrow and the way is hard, that leads to life, and those who find it are few."

for those who enter the wide gate it will lead to destruction

but those who go in the narrow gate and way it will lead to life

2. juantoo3

juantoo3 ʎʇıɹoɥʇnɐ uoıʇsǝnb

How does one prove a negative?

Unicorns don't exist...yeah, well, prove it! Have you ever seen one? No, but that's not proof, because who knows if one day one might show up...lack of proof is not the same as proof of lack. Said another way: absence of evidence is not evidence of absence.

The Platypus was imaginary once upon a time not long ago, and lo! and behold! the impossible came true...

Scripture is scripture...I've seen many people take the words of the Bible and use them to say many contradictory things.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2008
  3. Quahom1

Quahom1 What was the question?

A Mach three razor with no "safety bar" on the back. Also a fool's tongue professing the "truth", wherein his life is nothing but a fabrication to begin with.

"True Lies", I think that is a movie, starring the governor of California...

4. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

mee would rather take on board the bibles words. it is more beneficial and true .:) the word of God is alive and powerful

5. wil

wil UNeyeR1 Moderator

What do you mean by true mee?

Now I believe reading and contemplating the bible stories is powerful and beneficial, and they can come alive. But as historical fact we are continuously finding issues between the text and archeology.

And while I have an understanding that the bible is true as in the stories, parables, allegory contain truth that can be utilized in our lives.

What do you mean by true?

6. Quahom1

Well in that case, you should have absolutely no problem accepting Jesus' description of hell as noted in Matthew and Mark. UNLESS, you are stating that those two Gospels are not Biblical but rather "man made" doctrine, which then would totally destroy your build up to the point that the Bible is without error and in fact, absolutely true...

I think you have a slight problem mee... and it is called a "catch 22". Either the Bible is accurate, or the Watch Tower Society doctrine/translation is accurate, but since there is a direct conflict between the two, the two can not be accurate at the same time.

So, mee, which is correct?

7. winner08

winner08 New Member

Thank you Jesus for your wisdom on the correct translations. I truly mean this. I get upset when people think they are learning the truth but they are not. They will fight you tooth and nail thinking that they are right on something when they are not. I don't blame them or judge them because they don't have a clue about certain translation. It's not their fault, it is the false teacher who's at fault. I called it man made doctrins. Man made teachings. Generation after generation just blindly following, not questioning their teachers. There is a very big difference in forever and ever or for all enternity and the correct translation eonian or ages. You are blessed by the Lord in understanding His truths. Thank you again for shareing this information people must know the correct translations.

Darren

8. Netti-Netti

Netti-Netti New Member

That's always a problem. Another problem that's not specific to teachers is people's tendency to read meanings into a text that are not supported by the actual text.
    http://www.interfaith.org/forum/what-is-a-soul-9359-8.html#post161242

9. winner08

winner08 New Member

thanks for the warm welcome. you ask for me to show you some scripture where All of mankind will be saved O.K.

1. 1Tim 2:4 God Will have ALL to be saved.

2.JN 12:47 Jesus came to save the WHOLE world.

3. 1 JN.4:42 Jesus is Savior of the WORLD

4. 1 JN 4:14 Jesus is Savior of the WORLD

5. JN. 12:32 Jesus will draw ALL MANKIND unto Himself.

6. 1 cor 15:22 In Adam ALL die, in Christ ALL live.

7. 1 cor. 3:15 ALL saved so as by fire.

8. 2 cor. 5:15 Jesus died for ALL

9. 1 tim. 4:9-11 Jesus is Savior of ALL

I have so many more but these few are rigfht to the point. there's no maby's or ifs about it. Jesus came to save the world. Scripture does not say some or part of the world.

Scripture Says God will save ALL mankind not just the few or just the elect. ALL of mankind.

If you believe what scripture says than there's no question, All will be saved. You just have to believe in what the scripture says. Most people do not believe in what the scriptures says, They put their own spin on it and tell you what the scriptures means to them. It does not work like that, scripture says just what it means. Too many read between the lines. That's where they go wrong. Jesus said if it were not so I would have told you. Scripture interped's itself.

Darren

10. winner08

winner08 New Member

I can and just proved All of mankind will be saved with scripture and as you said scripture is scripture. check out what I replied to Quahom1. Now you prove with scripture that all will not be save. Just 2 give me 2 scriptures that says this and I will accept and move on.

Darren

11. winner08

winner08 New Member

First of all to Quahom1 I probaly read more than you will ever and I don't take anybody's word on anything when it concerns scripture. About the word hell, Hell is translated 3 different times in the bible.

Hades in hebrew
    Sheol in greek
    and 1 time it is use in 2peter 2:4 as gehenna

If you understood the correct translations you would understand the correct meaning.

As in forever and everlasting. these are not in the original text of the gospels. The gospels were written in Hebrew(old testament) and Greek (New testament)
    The correct translation is aion or age if you understand this you would know what you are talking about.

once again thanks for the warm welcome.

Like I said Mee I look up everything. and I have many books on the Bible and many Books on the hebrew and greek languages.

Before putting someone down make sure you know what your talking about.(Quahom1). Mee, you should be carefull who you agree with.Some people don't know.

Darren

12. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

13. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

14. winner08

winner08 New Member

Quahom1 if you want to know more on the orginial translation of hell in hebrew and greek check our Azure24 from bible truth posted 2-5 08 then maby you will understand. if you chose or not to believe, that's a different story.

Darren

15. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

Gods word is TRUTH :)

"When you received God’s word, which you heard from us, you accepted it, not as the word of men, but, just as it truthfully is, as the word of God." (1 Thessalonians 2:13)

16. winner08

winner08 New Member

I believe the word tartarus is used 1 time and it is 2 peter 2:4 It use as a place of restraint or incarcerated as in a prision where the angles who had sin were cast down to hell (tartarus) and delivered them into chains of darkness to be reserved for judgment.

Thanks for correct translations. Some people just don't understand, through no fault of their own. This is why so many think there's a place called hell where mankind will be burned and tormented forever and ever.
    They just don't know. I mean Hell and forever and ever or everlasting and entenity are just but a few word that are poorly translated, therefore they think they know what their talking about and they really don't.
    Maby they should look these things up before they speak.

Darren

17. mee

mee Interfaith Forums

i agree ,there are many who do not know, that is why mee likes to put true knowledge to the fore , Daniel 12;4

but there are also many who do know , but choose to ignore it and even to work in opposition to true knowledge.

and then there are those who do know and love to promote true knowledge .:)

18. winner08

winner08 New Member

The lake of fire where the Lord puts the unbelievers is where we will be purged from all of our carnality and come out pure as gold. You heard of the story of the potter and the clay and how the potter has to purge the clay in order to get all the impurities out. This is of course we as the clay and the Lord as the potter. God will uses the fire of the holy Spirit to purge all the junk out of us. You heard of being biptized by fire, there you go. The carnality of man has to be destroyed(lake of fire) in order to be pure (like Christ) so that we may enter the kingdom.

Darren

19. Quahom1

Très bien, Darren. Je prendrai en compte cela.

Sin embargo, como usted puede ser que ahora realice, sucedo estudiar lengua… bastante.

Und ich mag Vielzahl, weil sie mir hilft, Leute zu verstehen.

Конечно оттенки можно пропустить от одной культуры к другим, если одна не понимает людей, то которые говорят язык, на этом мы соглашаемся (вы и я).

But I will take what you've said into consideration... ;)

Once again:
    Bienvenue
    Recepción
    Willkommen
    Добро пожаловать
    Welcome

Q

20. winner08

winner08 New Member

Wow that is impressive. God has really blessed you. I hope you give thanks to the Lord for that gift. I really mean it Quahome1. I am not being a smart @%*

Darren

PS I do owe you and apology for being so rude to you. Sometimes I let my ego get in the way. This is something I have to work on. Now this dosn't change my beliefs. I just have to find a different way to express it.

Thanks,

Darren