A Psalm

Oh, ok. I just started skimming Mee's 'Do you know the name of God' thread just now and somebody did bring up the 1270 date in there. Ok I just looked at Dan Corner's page again. Maybe not so harsh.
Corner said:
Quoting the WT -- "....Have you been taught to use God's name, Jehovah? If not, your salvation is in jeopardy..."
Definitely not an appropriate statement. Thanks Pattimax for catching me.

I'll send the Oompa Loompas over with some Tollhouse cookies.

johnny depp is perfect as captain jack, but gene wilder, he is the master.

I could swear I have said that somewhere in this forum before.... Strange. Wilder and Depp are in my top three.. Depp sucked badly trying to be Willy Wonka, No one can compare to Wilder in his roles, but Depp is awesome in the roles he makes his, not in roles where he is compared to another who did a better job....

Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas
Blow
Pirates of the Carib series
Meant to be in the next two Sin City films! :D
Kicked butt in Secret window...
Awesome as the inspector chasing dragons in "from Hell"
There is tons he is good at come along way has our boy from his Nightmare on Elmstreet days.......

Like Wilder, he has a very unique character, he MAKES the part he is playing his (yeah sure a writer says the character should do this and this and that, forget all that when an actor such as Wilder or Depp gets comited to that part they become the writer/director heh.), once he puts his stamp on it, no one can better him in that role, and Wilder got to Wonka first, so go figure. Two people I'd love to have a sit and a smoke with.

Pantimax , only your best interests at heart

psalm 83 ;18 KING JAMES VERSION.

The Divine Name Through the Ages - Jehovah's Witnesses Official Web Site
There is also evidence from sources outside the Bible of the extensive use of the divine name in ancient times.
Thank you, I have looked at that link before.

The name Jehovah is NOT in my best interest. I talk to my Lord Jesus Christ. Do you?

I think the Watchtower become an idol for you. You should really use some common sense. You can think.

Please no rubber/glue response.

Thank you, I have looked at that link before.

The name Jehovah is NOT in my best interest. I talk to my Lord Jesus Christ. Do you?

I think the Watchtower become an idol for you. You should really use some common sense. You can think.

Please no rubber/glue response.
I talk to Jehovah through Jesus christ. :)
The apostle Paul explained this, saying: "Through him we . . . have the approach to the Father by one spirit."

To whom was Paul referring when he wrote, "through him"? To Jesus Christ. (Ephesians 2:13, 18) Yes, we can have free approach to the Father only through Jesus.—John 14:6; 15:16; 16:23, 24.
Jesus Christ is therefore the one and only "way" of reconciliation with God and approach to God in prayer.—Joh 14:6; 15:16; 16:23, 24; 1Co 1:2; Eph 2:18;

Read the link I posted. There also many other sources that say the same thing.

Being hard-headed doesn't mean you're illiterate.[/quot

Yes ,as we can see Jehovah is not wrong it is English ,

and it retains the name . but yah-weh is also not wrong .

it is not wrong to use Yah-weh , but it is also not wrong to use Jehovah.

there is no issue here :) putting that name to the fore is the thing to do not get rid of it as translators have done .

its good that Jehovahs people have published a bible that has retained that name .:) yes true knowledge has because abundant in many ways in the last days
Daniel 12;4 its good .

Not exactly sure where to put this, it's more for praise and fellowship, but I don't mean it just for Christians. Just sharing that I found this psalm to be expressing the prayer I want to make today.

1 As the deer pants for streams of water,
so my soul pants for you, O God.

2 My soul thirsts for God, for the living God.
When can I go and meet with God?

3 My tears have been my food
day and night,
while men say to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

4 These things I remember
as I pour out my soul:
how I used to go with the multitude,
leading the procession to the house of God,
with shouts of joy and thanksgiving
among the festive throng.

5 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and 6 my God.
My [c] soul is downcast within me;
therefore I will remember you
from the land of the Jordan,
the heights of Hermon—from Mount Mizar.

7 Deep calls to deep
in the roar of your waterfalls;
all your waves and breakers
have swept over me.

8 By day the LORD directs his love,
at night his song is with me—
a prayer to the God of my life.

9 I say to God my Rock,
"Why have you forgotten me?
Why must I go about mourning,
oppressed by the enemy?"

10 My bones suffer mortal agony
as my foes taunt me,
saying to me all day long,
"Where is your God?"

11 Why are you downcast, O my soul?
Why so disturbed within me?
Put your hope in God,
for I will yet praise him,
my Savior and my God.
Awesome Psalm Luna and hi.

its good that Jehovahs people have published a bible that has retained that name .:) yes true knowledge has because abundant in many ways in the last days
Daniel 12;4 its good .
No Mee, this is where we completely disagree.
It was and is wrong that they printed a Bible and changed it to fit their doctrine. Just another example of man thinking they know better than God.

Translation, it is better to take refuge in God than to trust the Watch Tower and the "elders" that conceived of it. v/r Q
That is so true Q.
If everyone would just pick up the Bible and use it alone there would be less problems.

'Religion by definition is said to be man's attempt to reach God; Christianity is God's plan to reach man and redeem - or save him -from his lost-ness.'
We need to quit worrying about what men*from any denomination* want to add to it.

Back