Exclusive Bible

I blame the industrial revolution and feminism for this mess we have come to live in since the 20th century.
Everything is a reaction to the conditions that came before.
I thank the industrial revolution and feminism for the life that I can enjoy today.

Reactions: RJM
It's a vow before God. If a person doesn't want to take the vow, they can marry in court?
This makes no sense to me.
You see "the church" as being something ideal .. but not ideal enough for society to follow?

Everything to do with it. People are free to separate and go their own ways. It's about marrying another
Not necessarily.
Many people do not marry another for many years .. or not at all.

I'm saying that vows taken in a church marriage before God mean nothing if they don't mean anything

People don't have to take those vows before God
Of course they mean something..
..and if a person can no longer fulfill their duty to their spouse,
the contract is not being fulfilled. Divorce is sometimes the best thing to do "in front of God".

You are just looking at the "til death us do part" and ignoring the rest. That's no good.

Not necessarily.
I wonder if what was meant is -- that the right to remarry after divorce is part of the controversy. Some may not remarry, but some people are lonely and would resent it terribly or do poorly in life if they weren't free to find another partner and remarry.

This makes no sense to me.
Your problem
You see "the church" as being something ideal
No. I'm quoting the words of Jesus, which the church cannot dismiss
but not ideal enough for society to follow?
Spiritual truth is not required to conform with human society
Not necessarily.
You just said it was
Irrelevant the time

Lol...I don't watch Tucker carlson...

I live near DC have friends in Portland Seattle Chicago, Baltimore....

Lol...BLM terror explains your viewpoint to me...you may not be aware of your racist or anti feminist views but they are apparent in your posts.

Of.course you will tell me how wrong I am.
If you don't think that it was headline news even on the fake news channels, then you have been sleeping or are just extremely left. BTW I don't watch Fox news.
You can call me what you like, but you certain have missed the point I have been trying to make. I am neither of them, but seems if I disagree with someone else's view, then this is how I am labeled. That's what the left does. I adopted a black child, still want to tell me how racist I am?
In case you haven't come out of your closet yet, the last couple of feminist movements have hurt women. Women have now been invaded by males want to pretend to be women. Now men are in there locker rooms, competing against them is sports. So women who have worked their entire life to be 1st in some sport will not be pushed off the podium. We've come a long road from equality and voting right to now have men once again dominate women. Your thinking is just brilliant!

Your thinking is just brilliant!
Thank you, my responses only come from reading your words.

But yes, the police violence against blacks in my lifetime has been nothing short of terrorism and reprisal should be expected, reconciliation should be (but isnt) happening and more should xbe expected till we make significant changes.

Yes, you have lefty here...you know a.conservative wishing conservation...a person who would like to see people emulate Jesus and care for the least of us...and not for the money hangers.

Look up the formation of police (vs sherrifs and marshals) they returned runaway slaves to their owners. Or the drug war, designed to break up black and hippie families with prohibition and racist drug laws...or believe your fake media...lol...funny and sad.

Yes, you have lefty here...you know a.conservative wishing conservation...a person who would like to see people emulate Jesus and care for the least of us...and not for the money hangers.
If only...

Therapy ain't a bad thing...

Also, I'm thrilled to hear your children are so successful.
Oh no, if needed it should be a good thing, just saying the upbringing they got from me and my ex didn't drive then there (yet).

And me too! (Many think not because of me but in spite of me, lol)

As to marriage... I was never fit for it. I had zero issues with monogamy, but major issues thinking about my partner. The riot is I would have been a fine my way or the hiway husband of the past. I just prefer to be the decision maker and in charge when it comes to my life and was not good at sharing that role.

Am much happier returning to my before marriage role of playing the field and no commitment.

But yes, the police violence against blacks in my lifetime has been nothing short of terrorism and reprisal should be expected, reconciliation should be (but isnt) happening and more should xbe expected till we make significant changes.
This is non-sense. You are being so one sided here. Most police are very good and nice people. The few bad apples don't make the whole. Who wants to keep the entire racist thing alive, black leaders who want to make money or be in power positions. Martin Luther King Jr. was probably the last good black leader for the cause. You really have an issue with how you want your version to be, too much CNN maybe?

I wonder if what was meant is -- that the right to remarry after divorce is part of the controversy. Some may not remarry, but some people are lonely and would resent it terribly or do poorly in life if they weren't free to find another partner and remarry.
I'm sure they would. It makes no sense for somebody to be alone in life,
if there is a suitable partner for them to marry.

Look up the formation of police (vs sherrifs and marshals) they returned runaway slaves to their owners. Or the drug war, designed to break up black and hippie families with prohibition and racist drug laws...or believe your fake media...lol...funny and sad.
It's real easy to find the truth, maybe you just like your version better. Let's just do this, let's just get rid of all the police and see what happens to this country, in your view, it should get better. Well, how is that working out for NYC?

What little I know of that, it is not at all easy to get an annulment. Catholics are pretty rigid about divorce.
Well all I know is Edward Kennedy did not seem to have a hard time or my sister in law getting her marriage annulled before she could marry my brother in the church that annulled her first marriage. I am sure some Catholic dioceses are more strict than other. Probably has something to do with how much money one gives the church.

Back