I feel

Status
Not open for further replies.
ooh is it going to get locked?

shall we play See Who Can Get the Last Post In?

:D:D:D:D:D

s.

I don't know why it would be locked. I just meant I was trying to get more mod opinion on ii4u's OP. So he knew he wasn't being ignored. I think a lot of people are gone over the holiday weekend.

By the way, ii4u- Feedback forum is open to the public and will get responses from more than just moderators. It is the appropriate place for complaints, suggestions, and other types of feedback. Figured I'd clarify; I can see where it might be confusing.

Sorry for the confusion, but maybe the thread will get more posts if you all play Get the Last Word. :D

Well glad to see you are taking a break.... get yourself a quart of milk and a big bag of twinkies...sit back and be thoroughly American!

That reminds me of the Haagan-Dazs I have downstairs... I'll be back in a few days... got tossed by a horse I was training Saturday and the stairs take me a while... LOL :D;)

I some time feel that admin or mod are partial here with all due respect to them but i don't get how senior user and forum posters behave with us... it has happened with me before and Tao Eqiuus does not know how to talk or to communicate with the other person like here in this post he have
http://www.interfaith.org/forum/concept-of-god-in-islam-8620-2.html
please take a notice for once... I come back to this forums i like it but their should be some behavior matter taken into account...

As a powerless mortal I could only say responding to others posts is not compulsory and if you find any particular poster particularly offensive you could go into your User CP and put them on "Ignore". (If you can't read this while logged on, it's cos you've got me on Ignore. :rolleyes:). But I can see why you might be irked, if I felt under attack all the time I might complain to the management or just leave the building (which might be a shame for the people I liked to have dialogue with...)

s.

Well glad to see you are taking a break.... get yourself a quart of milk and a big bag of twinkies...sit back and be thoroughly American!

Done! although I love a good coffee and little Debbie chocolate treats :)

Islamis4u;

I mentioned your site because another member mentioned it in the hinduism thread- remember- the thread you found objectionable? The thread where people treated you disrespectfully and you whined?

If you complain you don't like how you are treated in this site, then why come here when you have your own site- that was my point. I do not care what your religion is, or what your name is, or how many sites you have.

I find it ridiculous that you cry like a little girl when people do not treat you with respect yet you then find it perfectly acceptable to be disrespectful towards me by calling me stupid.

We have a nice english word that describes your situation perfectly- that word is "hypocrite". When you complain about something and then do the same thing yourself, that is what being a hypocrite is. But don't worry- there's a lot of it about. It's not just a Muslim affliction.

to the rest of you-

As for Islamis4u changing his name- why should he? To suggest such is wrong. And a little worrying, to be honest. If he was a Jew and you said he should change his name because it was too Jewish everyone would be in uproar. This is supposedly a forum for religion and religious ideas. If a person acts like an idiot then please- don't blame religion for that- instead see it for what it is- idiocy, and nothing to do with religion whatsoever.

Blaming the Gods for the mistakes of man is foolish.

I am seeing a lot of low level racism here on this site, most of it directed towards Muslims. While I find some of "their" ideas of how society and women should function objectionable I could say the same about Catholicism, Judaism, Hinduism or Buddhism. All religions have their faults. I made the rather foolish assumption that an Interfaith site would be a place where we can try to overcome such difficulties and reach a degree of understanding and tolerance of each other. Instead, we are decending into idiocy and pettiness.

If you don't like jews, or muslims, or catholics, then stay away from them. They are as entitled to believe what they choose just as much as you are. If you find whole groups of people objectionable based soley on their religious or cultural or class descriptors then it is you that has a problem, and that problem is called bigotry.

and wil, what do you mean by this? "All of you, take the high road, or you provide us no choice but to act".

taking the high road? We can't- u already have it occupied. I'm assuming you're intimating that you will kick us all out if we don't do as we're told?

oooh!

we're all terribly scared. Perhaps Wil you should just tell us what your opinions are so we know what we can and can't say in advance? I cannot see how I personally have been objectionable, nor the majority of posters in this thread. Unless my crime is stating my opinions- and isn't that what people do in forums? Or am I wrong?

In ii4us defence he probably didn't know where to post his gripe and maybe thought the feedback area is not for moaning about other posters.

Also, as someone else [not naming names but #32 in concept thread!] called him stupid maybe he thinks its de rigor here to talk such, so he's gaining a thick skin already, not bad for a 19 year old; if l was 19 l might be overwhelmed by such negativity and disappear never to be seen again.

If one doesn't like what someone writes perhaps its better to ignore, or steer the poster to discuss other topics. l for instance would like to get an insiders view on pakistan at this moment in time [with regard to afghanistan/iran etc] but if we keep scaring away muslim posters [however dogmatic they seem to some] then we limit ourselves since they are a percentage of the human race and l for one would like promote inclusion, particularly towards those who wish dialogue [ok apart from the spammers but both christianity and islam are in the business of trying to convert]:)

fk said:
and wil, what do you mean by this? "All of you, take the high road, or you provide us no choice but to act".

taking the high road? We can't- u already have it occupied. I'm assuming you're intimating that you will kick us all out if we don't do as we're told?

oooh!

we're all terribly scared. Perhaps Wil you should just tell us what your opinions are so we know what we can and can't say in advance? I cannot see how I personally have been objectionable, nor the majority of posters in this thread. Unless my crime is stating my opinions- and isn't that what people do in forums? Or am I wrong?
Namaste Francis,

oh I have you running scared do I?

Just tell you what my opinions are??? Quite easy on this site to see what my opinionns are, they are spread liberally throughout the forum.

I'm not making idle threats, simply stating facts. If folks feel compelled to be disruptive and use personal attacks and continue to ignrore the code of conduct and decorum; reprecussions happen. Just like choosing to continue to drink and drive or break other laws, eventually someone takes notice, tires of putting up with reading infractions and notices and complaints from other users and utilizes the tools that are available.

They aren't my rules except as a member of this site I've agreed to abide by them and enjoy conversation here.

If you don't like jews, or muslims, or catholics, then stay away from them. They are as entitled to believe what they choose just as much as you are. If you find whole groups of people objectionable based soley on their religious or cultural or class descriptors then it is you that has a problem, and that problem is called bigotry.
Is that a Neville Chamberlain quote?

Also, as someone else [not naming names but #32 in concept thread!] called him stupid...

Actually in that post it is my opinion that he lies through his teeth in an effort to get out of it. If you look at it he started this thread first complaining about me then immediately posted that afterwards trying to make himself look reasonable.

The actual sequence goes like this:

Originally Posted by I am free
Dear islamis4u,

The concept of God for Hindus does not come from religious texts. We do not rely on books to tell us about God. Ofcourse they do help us, but they are not the final authority.

Then you say that your holy books are wrong?
To which I say..
Of course he does not...are you stupid? He says they offer guidance...not law.... can you get your head round that?
Then after complaining about me publicly tries to cover his ass by posting this:
I don't know what to say to your behavior but for your kind comment or post he or she said that it is not final authority then it triggers a question in ones mind that what he meant like is it wrong then or their is doubt like Quran we say it is final authority whatever is in it we believe in Quran with no arguments..

at the same time it was question rather then some answer....
Now he is either stupid, very stupid, or a liar that thinks himself a smart ass. I know what I think.

There is also option #3- that he is struggling with the English translation. Authority, holy books, and how to know God are pretty different in Hinduism and Islam, and probably would necessitate some fairly complex dialogue to reach understanding... and on top of this, islamis4u seems to have English as a second language. Forgive me if that is incorrect, ii4u, but what comes across to me is that you may not have properly understood what I am Free was saying. That, or you refused to acknowledge that other religions may not see sacred texts as authorities, but that does not mean they think their sacred texts are wrong. My authority on God is my relationship with God in my own spiritual life, but I find truth in many sacred texts, including the Bible. But no book is my authority. My own relationship with God is my authority. Perhaps something along those lines is what I am Free was getting at- more than one way to see the truth in holy books.

I tried visiting your webpage at the link on your avatar and it does not seem to be working. Is it down or moved ?

I know that and that why i have used this avatar otherwise if that link worked i would have not uploaded the Avatar... that some what clearify that im here not for my Site...

With with im thankkful for your advice but i may be not change the name its just a nick name i use it every not just that this is comparative religion forum so i use... i use it every where....

I know that and that why i have used this avatar otherwise if that link worked i would have not uploaded the Avatar... that some what clearify that im here not for my Site...

With with im thankkful for your advice but i may be not change the name its just a nick name i use it every not just that this is comparative religion forum so i use... i use it every where....

Ii4u, I noticed that several other posters defended your right to keep your current username, in fact I think I even noticed that Tao did not argue that you change it.

So, perhaps after thinking further, I would agree with your decision. After all, I would not appreciate someone suggesting I change my username. You have the right to choose your name, and, it does have a lot of character. :)

I am still pretty new here, but it seems like there is some resent toward you. Why do you think that is the case ?

On the other hand, as has been pointed out, you bring some wonderful diversity to this forum. So I hope you will continue the discussion, and I am sure we will continue learning.

P.S. - I think I found your website, and it looks very nice for someone early in their career as you are, you deserve credit for your initiative :). I hope you will use your public exposure to promote peace and learning.

I am not 'complaining', I am 'stating' I find it offensive. I am sick of muslims here thinking they have a right to go not only unchallenged but try and mount campaigns against those that dare do so.

Where i have started a campaigns i was just posting if sounds campaign to you then thts much good for me my mere post can do so much effect... huh.... I never said do not challenge give me answer rather then going on personal attacks but you do not do that...

When do you see me posting on the Taoist section or proselyting Taoism as a religion? When do you see me start threads complaining about people here?

I do not know what every1 doing on this forums... right now? are they not posting you are pointing me out with things im not doing and you create your own small world and assumes that or this what ever that is and do not reply you should have replied if even i would have been by your words smart ass.. rather going on like stupid and all....

The guy was trying to be a smart ass and I called his bluff. He invited my response. I am not a pacifist, in fact I am more of a pass-a-fist. What the hell did he expect? I am sorry that I have little time for Islamic supremacists that have their brains in their arses,.

You would have called my bluff but with nice words respectful words then it would been better n old says peoples world reflects his or her personality and family which he or she bleongs to and you relfected that....

its just the way I am

Then just that what ever you think about me then im that and in my opinion im not that what you think but if you think im that then im that at the end...

He did not have the good grace to accept that and instead started this thread.

Before making this post i replied that post may be you do not read that ....

FOR ALL
I their was askig a question if you all read my post their so why he is saying i wanted to be a smart ass or what ver he thinks about me... it was question rather then a statement.... and if lets for once take his word i was smart ass it would be better to reply real good manner or humanly manner...

Ii4u, I noticed that several other posters defended your right to keep your current username, in fact I think I even noticed that Tao did not argue that you change it.

So, perhaps after thinking further, I would agree with your decision. After all, I would not appreciate someone suggesting I change my username, either. You have the right to choose your name, and, after all it does have a lot of character. :)

It seems like there is some resent toward you. I have read some of your back posts and I do not feel that you have said anything terribly wrong. And as has been pointed out, you bring some wonderful diversity to this forum. So I hope you will continue the discussion, and I am sure we will continue learning.

Im thankful to you Avi for respecting my right of Username which is a nickname only..
Inshallah i will never leave this forum...

Have you read any of his posts? It is all straight from the Pakistani/Wahhabi propagandists manuals. In my opinion he no longer has a mind of his own to sway.

Here who he is in this forum a member they come with their own point of view, their own... Like if they are christian then they follow bible and its teaching if they are Jew they talk from their teaching then i go and say i will say stupid to you and do not reply to real topic because you are christian propagandists or jew propagandists no i will rather have dialogue in nice way if he agrees okay fine if doesn't then it his own belief i will try to put points which i know... just that.... and that is what i have already quoted in this post..
http://www.interfaith.org/forum/big-bang-and-expanding-of-8626-3.html

ii4u who started this thread to attack me.

I did not started this thread to attck you Tao ... you are not so important for me to do that....

But look their is law to run everything i thought the way you replied it was our of good or ethical manners and i thought it was in the rules here not to do that and i thought if reply you in a same way it would start with a fight and doesn't look or i would be breaking the rules of interfaith.org forums... i just thought that if it isn't then im okay... i will never complain to that kinda behaviour... rather reply them back in that way or to ignore them...
i thought if i complain to it would be better and do not reply in manner you do because you were my elder but .... Now happy that its okay...
and im not complaining anything again and i agree to what this site coc or and i respect this site for that.....

I don't know why it would be locked. I just meant I was trying to get more mod opinion on ii4u's OP. So he knew he wasn't being ignored. I think a lot of people are gone over the holiday weekend.

By the way, ii4u- Feedback forum is open to the public and will get responses from more than just moderators. It is the appropriate place for complaints, suggestions, and other types of feedback. Figured I'd clarify; I can see where it might be confusing.
Thanks for that and next time i will wtach out for that....

I could only say responding to others posts is not compulsory and if you find any particular poster particularly offensive you could go into your User CP and put them on "Ignore". (If you can't read this while logged on, it's cos you've got me on Ignore. :rolleyes:). But I can see why you might be irked, if I felt under attack all the time I might complain to the management or just leave the building (which might be a shame for the people I liked to have dialogue with...)

s.

Yeah i will now ignore tha from now own... and it was pointed to me direclty but ill rather ignore very Tao post from now onwards its better to ignore rather then misbehave like Tao do.....

I will never leave the building Inshallah :)

Islamis4u;

how many sites you have.

I also do not want you to care about that...

I find it ridiculous that you cry like a little girl when people do not treat you with respect yet you then find it perfectly acceptable to be disrespectful towards me by calling me stupid.

I thought you were rude to me thats why i said that ( that is the same reason you gave me when Tao said me that)

In reality and truely i do not want to say that to you meant to you but iadded it just to see what you reply to this when i say stupid to you.. or you will say to yourself okay i was rude then okay if he(meaning me ) said that to me its okay... It was just that it was not meant really and i think wrote that if im wrong im sorry

We have a nice english word that describes your situation perfectly- that word is "hypocrite". When you complain about something and then do the same thing yourself, that is what being a hypocrite is. But don't worry- there's a lot of it about. It's not just a Muslim affliction.

I know what is hypocrite i think i may have removed your confusion that why i wrote that may be... i did not said in the start but just to make some1 feel it is bad to say stupid and i just abide to that i still say its unethical and why i said i think i have explained it above... im sorry if it hurted your feeling because i also didn't want to go that way to tell you what you gave me the reason of Tao's behaviour was wrong....

I do not go from this site without replying other may think i do not have answer to their question or their topic....

I find it ridiculous that you cry like a little girl when people do not treat you with respect

It was not crying it was good behaviour that i think you do not like may be.... If God Forbide some1 kills your amily member would you directly go and kill him or go through legal procedure you have power to kill him but you go other way if the legal system do not go by it then you may be kill him or just leave it.. So then some1 from my side go ooohh you are cryiing like a baby before court go and kill him.......

yet i already reply to this kinda remarks in this post different times and you all can't get my reason...

im quoting myself:

Will look i respect all the admins and all the co-members of this site and also the site and its rules...You have seen my other posts i rather getting into this i just reply to relgion realted post i have never ever promoted my site you could see in any posts of my site im so careful i never ever post a link of my site even if i have better explanation but things is i don't want to talk about my site or anything why are you all so curious about my site im here because of my religion only.... with very respect will i just don't want to talk about my site but Francis made me to say that... i will from this on post what eny1 wud don't talk about my site as i have never before because you all don't think im here for it if wud be here for site i dould not have spent so much time wrting the replies you can see every post is so detailed answered this proves im here for my religion to remove mis-conception other thing i don't want to impose my site rules in anyway you know 1 ther are many rules on my site that are not followed here so why i bother , i know its not my site or anything i know my limitations here so respect the rules of This Forums THAT IS INTERFAITH.ORG forums and just i come out of admin box come here as a member only as a member only thinking like a member only ... and talking about interfaith....

But i thought rather to complain, rather to have my own bad response Wil, i thought it was good idea to tell admin or what ever it is rather then reply in the way Tao have done.. im not imposing any rule the it was friendly forum that what it said and im here because offcourse all the members friendly even they do not have same religion i can start telling so many friendly members including you or other which may disagree with your point of view but do not say stupid right on your face so....

If it is alright with all the admin, owners, Mods and everything else about the this stupid i will never ever complain post as normal as i does,

i respect the interfaith.org rules and members and admin mods and who ever is a part of it... and i love to be here....

and im here For only my religion...

I did not started this thread to attck you Tao ... you are not so important for me to do that....

But look their is law to run everything i thought the way you replied it was our of good or ethical manners and i thought it was in the rules here not to do that and i thought if reply you in a same way it would start with a fight and doesn't look or i would be breaking the rules of interfaith.org forums... i just thought that if it isn't then im okay... i will never complain to that kinda behaviour... rather reply them back in that way or to ignore them...
i thought if i complain to it would be better and do not reply in manner you do because you were my elder but .... Now happy that its okay...
and im not complaining anything again and i agree to what this site coc or and i respect this site for that.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back